Scars

It's Good to be Bad

Warning: contains domestic abuse and mentions of homophobia 


 

 

"Oh you're back early-Jongin!"

In place of his parents, Jongin stood at Sehun's front door with a black eye, split lip and a general bruised appearance. "Can I come in?" he asked quietly.

Sehun nodded mutely and ushered the boy into the kitchen before rushing to get the first aid kit. His parents could be back from their date night anytime soon, they didn't particularly like Jongin, but he couldn't kick his boyfriend to the curb, especially in his condition.

"I'm sorry." Sehun paused what he was doing because Jongin never apologised for getting into fights. "I would've gone to my uncle's house but he's out of town and I didn't know who else to come to."

"Did you get into another fight?" Sehun chided as he began to clean Jongin's cuts.

Jongin winced once the rubbing alcohol made contact with his lip. "My step dad found out I was gay, he didn't take it too well as you can see."

Sehun didn't say anything, he knew that Jongin had an unpleasant home life. Mrs Kim couldn't catch a break when it came to men. Jongin's father had left them for a younger woman when Jongin was a few weeks old and Jongin's step father was an abusive to her kids. Jongin's older brother, Jongdae, used to take his beating but he was away at university now and Jongin had to learn to defend himself. The only redeeming quality about the man was that he treated Jongin's mother and their half brother, Beakhyun, with love and care.

There was silence as Sehun worked; he bandaged the cuts and applied ointments to the bruises. And once he was finished he pressed a gentle kiss to each and every injury.

Jongin smirked. "So scars turn you on, very ."

Sehun hit his arm. "Shut up you. Did you have dinner?" Even as he asked the question he was moving around to get out something for Jongin to eat.

Jongin shook his head and stood up to go. "No it's ok, I should get going, I don't want you to get in trouble with your parents. Where are they anyway?"

"It's date night, they probably won't be back until midnight, so stay."

He handed Jongin some chopsticks and heated up some left over kimchi jjigae and bulgogi. He watched as the boy scarfed down the entire meal in 5 minutes. Jongin had insisted on doing the dishes but Sehun had insisted on leaving them and cuddling on the sofa instead.

"I don't want your parents-"

Sehun decided to put a stop to all arguments. "My parents know exactly how much I love you. They can see my grades haven't dropped, my teachers haven't complained and my behaviour hasn't changed, so they can tolerate me innocently cuddling with my very lovely boyfriend on this very nice couch."

So Jongin decided it was best to keep quiet and listen to his boyfriend for once. Sehun entangled their limbs together, careful of Jongin's injuries, and pressed a light kiss to his full lips. Jongin cupped his face and tilted his head  up so he could kiss him deeper.

They had been stealing kisses and lightly caressing each other's bodies when they heard a knock at the door. Sehun jumped away from Jongin and nearly elbowed the boy in the stomach as he tried to create a distance between them. Jongin chuckled at his flustered boyfriend.

"I'm coming." Sehun called out as he tried to smoothen out his appearance.

A man spoke once Sehun opened the door. "I'm sorry to disturb you at this hour but is Kim Jongin here? His friend, Chanyeol said he'd probably be here. He sometimes goes by the name of Kai."

Jongin seemed to recognise the voice and rushed to the door. "Hyung? What are you doing here?"

Jongdae pulled his baby brother into a hug. "Oh my God that er, I'm going to kill him."

"I'm fine." Jongin mumbled into his shoulders.

Jongdae pulled away to look over Jongin's injuries. "No you're not but at least you're patched up. Mum called, she was frantic, said you and had gotten into a fight and that you'd left the house. She's worried Nini, why the aren't you picking up your phone? I had to convince Yixing to drive for 2 hours so I could search for you." Jongdae repeated hit his arm. "Don't ever ing do that again!"

"Ow, why is everyone hitting me today?" Jongin pouted as he rubbed his arm. "My phone died."

Jongdae sighed and pulled him into a hug again. "Come on, I need to get back to uni, I'm taking you to uncle Joon's house, he left me the spare keys."

Jongin nodded before turning to Sehun. "Thanks for taking care of me."

Jongdae pushed Jongin out of the way. "So this is Sehun?" He said with a grin. "You look like a good kid, why the hell are you dating my brother?"

Sehun was taken aback. "Well I...umm...I...well-"

"I know he's a smooth talker but he's just going to break your heart so get out while you can sweetheart."

"Oh my God hyung!" Jongin pulled Jongdae away from Sehun. "Go wait in the car."

Jongdae tutted. "See how ungrateful he is? After I travelled miles and miles, forgoing my educational needs to help my own flesh and blood..."

"Ignore him." Jongin said to Sehun as Jongdae continued on his monologue. "He likes to be dramatic."

Sehun smiled at their antics, he'd always wanted an older brother but he was an only child. "He seems like he's a good brother."

"Yeah he can be." He leaned over to peck Sehun's cheek. "Thanks for everything."

"You know you can come to me anytime right?" Jongin nodded. "Good, then come over tomorrow so I can see how those injuries have healed."

Jongin wound his arms around Sehun's waist and pulled him closer. "You're so good to me."

Sehun bit his lips as he looked at Jongin's. "Well someone has to be." They leaned in for a kiss but stopped once they heard Yixing and Jongdae catcall them. "Ignore them." Sehun twisted his hand in Jongin's shirt and moulded their lips together.

"Wow." Jongin said when the pulled away. "I'm rubbing off on you."

Sehun stole another kiss quickly before pushing him away. "Go."

Jongin had a silly grin plastered on his face. "I love you."

Sehun blushed as the catcalling got louder. "I love you too. Now go before they wake up the entire neighbourhood."

The smile on Jongin's face didn't fade as he left, not even when Jongdae and Yixing were teasing him all the way to his uncle's house.

 


I know it's longer than a drabble but once I started writing I couldn't stop. Also Kim Jongbros make me happy :)