Chapter 3

shattered heart

Chapter 3

 

     His body hurt all over. His back, his hip and his lower region especially. It was hazy, what happened last night. He remembered the dates, oh, those amazing, happy moments with his beloved Sehun. And then he recalled a voice calling his name, husky and needy. He flinched remembering the pain he was in last night but then, the pleasure afterwards soothed him. He never knew what they did, never knew that he would feel that way. Crying out his lover’s name and all. It was as if he was in heaven.

 

     There was an arm on top of him, pulling him towards the warmness behind him. He could feel warm breath on his neck, making his skin reddened. The soft snore soothed him and Kwang soo closed his eyes, smiling. He had never felt this happy and satisfied in his entire life.

 

“Kwang soo, you’re awake?” He heard just as he was about to fell asleep again.

“Hmm….” He nodded and hummed.

 

     The other suddenly turned his body, making the blanket which barely covered his chest and thighs to expose more of his skins. There were nibble traces of love bites but he was not bothered by that. It was the fact that they were completely and only shared a single blanket that made him felt self-conscious.

 

     Even when he tried to sulk, he could never convince Sehun to let him wear something first. He felt sticky and uncomfortable but the other just hugged him without a second thought. Has he always been this bold? Kwangsoo wondered.

 

     They talked about a lot of things, about family and friends mostly. Sehun realized that his lover was so much like any other ordinary person, thirsty for their family’s love and care although not that entirely normal. Still, it was his wackiness that started his addiction. Almost like the song Overdose, he took a sip of it and now, he just can’t get enough.

 

     “Really? They never celebrate your birthday?” The brown haired guy asked. He just told the story about how the rest of the Exo threw a surprise birthday party and Kwangsoo blurted out that he never had one. The latter just nodded with emotionless face. Surely he never thought that the celebration was important. What’s so fun about being older after all, right?

 

     Sehun shook his head in sorry. Seriously, has he ever done anything enjoyable in his life? Never went out with his family was understandable but never once celebrating his birthday with them was unacceptable. Did he really live with a bunch of heartless woman? But that girl seemed quite nice despite she always got a scolding from the cranky Chanyeol.

 

     “So, when is your next birthday?” He chuckled seeing the other frowned and lift his fingers, counting, lower lips jutting out in his concentration. The latter then took the calendar he kept somewhere in his tent and pointed towards a number. “This.” He said, still with unreadable face.

 

     “Oh? Thirte- Wait! That’s tomorrow right?” With eyes wide opened, Sehun looked at his boyfriend’s face which still bearing no reaction. But why did it made him looked even more pitiful? Acting like his birthday is not something important just proved that no one even cared about it before. How could they treat him like this? The cute and innocent Kwangsoo was abandoned by his family and friends. (Unbelievable!)

 

     “I’ve decided. We’ll celebrate it tomorrow. I promise you. I’ll make it the best day that you’ve ever had in your life!” As if making an oath, Sehun took hold of the other’s skinny hands and looked straight into his eyes.

 

“Even better than last night?”

 

     The innocent question caught him off guard. Kwangsoo stared at him quizzically when he suddenly averted his gaze and cleared his throat a few times. His cheeks were also red from embarrassment. “Yeah… Just like last night…” It came out almost like a whisper but was enough to make a small smile appeared on his lover’s face.

 

     “Promise?” Kwangsoo pulled his right hand out of the other’s grasp and put in front of him, pinky finger stood straight while the other fingers curled. Chuckling at his adorable, child-like act, Sehun nodded and link their pinkies together as the sign of agreement.

“Promise.”

                                                                        **********

 

     “Are you sure you want this one? Coffee flavoured?” A certain hazelnut-haired asked as he pointed towards a cake with brown-ish coloured cream on it. The raven head nodded a few times, sure of his choice. “He loves coffee…” was all he could think about.

 

     Leaving the cake shop, they walked side by side, both of their hands were full with bags filled with the decorations and items needed for the party. They had talk about it. The party was going to be held just outside the tent which they are going to decorate. There would be a few choices for the guests which are the rest of the Exo crew and his mother and sister who he doubted would even showed up but still had to invite anyway.

 

     They talk and talk about the celebration all the way until they reached home, never really realized that the sun was already up in the sky nor really hear the insults thrown into their way from some of Kwangsoo’s schoolmate. All that matters now was to indulge in each other presence, talking and laughing, loving and caring. Both had the itch to link their fingers together but held it in because of their busy hands. Even when they were near, they still craved for each other. Such a strong love they share.

 

                                                                          *********

   “Alright, this should be it! Now, we just need to give out invitation cards!” Sehun said while gazing proudly at the colourful decoration he put around the tent area. Balloons were attached to the tent and the walls of Kwangsoo’s home. Some ribbons were done in fancy, wavy manner on the tree trunks. It seemed really childish and girly but what’s the harm in it, right? All that matters is Kwangsoo’s happiness.

 

     After putting the last love-shaped sticker to seal the envelope for each cards, the raven stacked all of them together except for two of it and give the rest to his lover. “Done” he said flatly.

 

“Good job. I’ll give them to everyone later. Remember to give one to your sister and mom, okay?” The other nodded.

 

     “Then, we’ll leave the snacks inside the tents. Don’t forget to put the cake and beverages inside the fridge. I’ll come back here tonight.” Another nod and Sehun gave a small smile.

 

     “See you later.” After leaving a kiss on his boyfriend’s forehead, he turned to his back and walked home while clutching the invitation cards in his hands. Kwangsoo stood there until his figure disappeared before looking down and bit his lips, blood rushing to his face. ‘Why did I feel this way? Am I sick? Is this his power again….?” Somehow, he can’t explain the rushing of adrenaline that made him excited for tomorrow’s event.

 

                                                                             **********

     Putting the cards on the table, Sehun looked around the oddly quiet house, wondering where everyone had gone to. They can’t be sleeping already. He knew it was already night but it was still early.

 

“I can’t believe you’re here!”

He heard distinguished voices.

“Well, told you I’d come, didn’t I?”

One which he clearly recognized but didn’t expect to hear during his time here.

“Just glad you’re really here, Kai.”

Standing at the entrance which separated the living room and kitchen, he practically froze.

“Kai!”

 

                                                                        **********

     The annoying ringing of the alarm clock didn’t seem to be so annoying anymore that morning. With eyes wide opened, he sat up straight and curiously looked at the space beside him. Empty. Has he awakened? Did he even come back last night? ‘Kwangsoo concluded, not wanting the negative thoughts ruin his day. Even with a disgusting feeling in his mouth, a rare smile graced his face as he remembered what day today was.

 

     First, shower. He run out of his usual body shampoo so maybe he could steal some of his sister’s? Strawberry scented. Who cares? It’s his special day after all.

 

     Second, get into proper attire. And by proper attire, it means the white button up shirt and white pair of trousers for the excited guy. Newly bought for the occasion. Don’t forget a little gel for his hair and something for his face. After snooping around in his sister’s room (which was odd regarding the fact that its empty) and finally settled on the face powder because the other cosmetics seemed like a complicated, mysterious tool for him, he was ready to face his guest.

 

     Finally, get the cake and beverages and put them onto the table Sehun put at the vacant ground near their tent. The guests should arrive at 8.00 and it was already 9.30. A perfect time to finish everything (Or at least that’s what Sehun’s Birthday to-do list says)

 

     A confused frown appeared on his powder-doused face when he saw notes left by both his family members on the fridge, supported by two bird-shaped magnet.

 

I got a meeting to attend. Just make some instant noodle for lunch.

                                                                                            -Mom-

 

Will eat outside. Gone shopping.

                                                                                           -Name(forgot)-

 

     A pang of sadness swelled inside him. How could they do this? They can’t possibly forgotten about his birthday, can they? But, the cards!

 

   He suddenly had this inkling to see inside the garbage can. And so he did. Inside, an envelope signed by him rested, not even opened and read. ‘ It must have… Fell in there… Because of the wind…’ He knew it was impossible. He left it on the kitchen counter, weight it down with a clear glass where Mrs Kim would surely find it. Still, he chose to believe it.

 

     Without caring to see what happened to the one he gave to his sister, he proceeded to take out the delicious-looking cake and beverages before taking them outside. He put them on the table along with the snacks and looked at his work with an accomplished nod.

 

     “Done.” He muttered as he put a tick inside a small box next to the instruction written on Sehun’s to-do list. There’s only one empty box left. It was written ‘Celebrate Kwangsoo’s birthday and party hard!

 

     The guests should come soon along with his boyfriend so he should just wait.

 

                                                                      **************

Tick Tock Tick Tock….

     The clock goes. A gaze was thrown at the cat-shaped clock. The hour hand stood fixedly on eleven while the minute hand pointed towards the twelve.

Tick Tock Tick Tock…

     The eyes of the cat moved left to right to right then left again repeatedly. It was amusing at first but as the time went by, the look it gave seemed mocking, the grin on its face as if it was laughing at the human’s foolishness. A sharp pang repeatedly hit his chest when the clock kept on ticking, showing the moving time.

 

     Kwangsoo looked at the empty chairs, then at the untouched food and warming carbonated drink. They would taste no good now after being exposed for a long time. Reaching toward a flat balloon, he blew into it and when it grew big, let it go and watched it flew away. A pout formed on his face which was clear with disappointment. Why hasn’t anyone come? For his own family to ditch the party was expectable. For those men who lived next door to not come was not disappointing. But then, why even Sehun won’t show up? What of the promise, of those sweet things he said the night before? Are those lies? Is this all a cruel joke on him? Was it that fun to build hope in someone and then push it down, crumbling, as a naughty child would do to a building block build by a weaker child? Don’t he know he know that he has feelings too, know how to get hurt too despite being a little peculiar from other people?

 

“Did he forget…?”

 

     Heavy sigh escaped those small lips. Though his expression was still as a stone but one could not avoid noticing those black orbs shone under the sun as water started welling up in those eyes. Still, none of the water fell. No. As a warrior, he can’t possibly cry. That was what a voice inside his head told him. ‘Stay firm. If you cry merely because of being forgotten, you are not fit of being the protector.’ So, using the sleeve of his white shirt, he cleared the salt water dry.

 

     “I should go to his house. Maybe he’s in trouble.” He said thoughtfully to himself and stood, determined. “There’s no way he’ll forget. He’s the one who want to do this. Besides, he paid for everything” It was an attempt to save his heart, and it succeeded in doing so.

 

                                                                  *****************

(Flashback)

 

     Blood rushed to his face as those soft, warm lips met him. He was unable to move, was powerless to turn against it. He never understood kisses but he did it anyway. He let his lower lips being , a soft whimper escaped. He opened his mouth after the warm tongue prodded, begging for entrance. Mewling and gasping, he loved it as their tongue would slick each other occasionally, indulging the sweet, metallic taste of his lover.

    

     Part with his cheeks flushed and lips glossy, he gazed upward at his taller partner, hands clutching on his shirt to hold himself up.

 

     “What… Does a kiss mean…?” A question so innocent came out of his red rimmed lips as he earnestly looked at Sehun, thirst for an answer.

 

     Keeping a cool demeanor, the other male touched his shorter counterpart’s cheeks gently and gaze into those glassy black eyes lovingly.

 

     “It shows love and affection…”

                       

                                                                           **************

     If it was not because of the wall, he would have fallen to his knees. Even now he was struggling, trying his hardest not just to stand but to keep silent, to breathe, even to live entirely. The sight before him was not something gore nor something scary entirely. But it was enough to make him wish of damnation of his very self.

 

     When he gained the strength back, Kwangsoo his heels and waited back to the tent, shoulder hunched and face down. Colour drained from his face and light dimmed in his eyes. It was as if he had seen the Death God himself.

 

     Once so cheery and beautiful, the balloons of bright colours now only brought sorrow to his wrecked heart. These tasty looking snacks now doesn’t look as good, and only have the male take one look at the word written as he put some of it into his mouth. Looking at the cake, reading the words ‘Happy Birthday, Kwangsoo’ made his barrier drop. The wall that since morning held the water that threatened to spill was now broken, letting the torrent of tears to streamed down without stop. Not even the thought of a strong warrior could make those tears stop.

 

“How could he?”

Those lips which used to touch his now was locked with someone’s else.

 

“He said he loves me.”

Those strong arms which used to hug and shield him now was filled with someone else’s.

 

“He’s a liar!”

Everything he said before, the I love yous and the promise of being together forever was not more than falsehood, an act.

 

“Betrayer!”

Pushing the cake of the table, Kwangsoo ran into the tent and sobbed uncontrollably. The icing went all over the place, covering the green grass with its brown and white colour. But it was not of his concern now. All that he cared was his broken heart. Of the unkempt promise and unexpected betrayal.

 

   Even as he tried to forget, hairs being pulled in an attempt to do so until his scalp was sore, there was no way for him to block the onslaught of the images keep barreling into his mind. For he was not blind, it was obvious, that Sehun, his lover, his other half, or so that he believed, was found in a compromising position, locking lips with a stranger.

 

“Liar… Its all a lie…..” Said he between sobs.

 

 

 

Okay..... So .... How was it? Poor Kwangsoo... Please comment, subscribe, and upvoted. And I'm sorry for the lateness.*bow*