Chapter 1

shattered heart

CHAPTER 1

             Maybe it was the coffee (because he was certain that his looks was beyond average and his intelligence was nowhere near the question) or maybe it was something else but Sehun confessing to him…. It was all to sudden. They were both in his tent that night. Sehun, as usual, craved for the unique coffee he made. It was dark and quiet, only the small lamp hooked in the middle shelter being their only source of light. Bittersweet scent of the ground coffee and sugar filled the air, both refreshing and relaxing. The sound of stone against stone as he grinded the dark brown beans joined by the singing voices of the nocturnal creature created a perfect harmony in their ears. None of them speak but none of them cared as around them, the sound was amiable.

 

             “Kwang soo…..” A soft voice called and as he twisted the white clothe, letting the dark liquid trail into the small porcelain cup. He did not respond( One should not be distracted while working) but let the trail of coffee drop before lifting the cup up, offering it to the other. Sehun accepted it happily, face anticipating and excited.

 

               Just a sip of the caffeinated drink manage to put a big smile on his already flawless face. Still facing down as he drink, a pair of dark, sharp eyes rolled upwards, studying a much more stern face adorned with two innocent orbs. A race begun in his chest, the thumping was so loud that it worried him if the sound could be heard by his companion. Calm….. The relaxing sensation the coffee left was enough to wipe off his anxiety when he brought the cup down.

 

             “How does it tastes?” Kwang soo asked with a stern voice equal to how he look. Sehun smiled and nodded, ”Good. As it has always been.” ,he praised. “Can I come again the days after?”,he continued, hoping for a yes, not just because of the coffee, but for the one who made it too.

 

               A shake of the head dropped the gleeful look on him “No, I still have other jobs to do, much important things for the sake of everyone.”

             “But, what about me?”

             “What about you?”

             “I can’t stand one day without coming here.”

             “I take that because of the coffee?”

 

               Sehun moved closer, giving a secret, sly smile. “ No…. It’s the endless wackiness of yours. I’m addicted…” Their nose barely touched, only a few dangerous inch separate them apart. Kwang soo stared at him with apathetic face, not really understand what was said with the way his brain work. He let out a low grunt and put a hand forward, trying to push the male away.” Your manners are very bad today young man. I have no interest to talk-“

 

               Bigger hand over the smaller one, the strength was a little overwhelming that he failed to finish his sentence. Their eyes met, one burned with so much passion and determined while the other was puzzled and clueless. “ I have fallen for you, Kwang soo. Fallen too deep that if I am forbiddened from seeing you, i may go crazy..”

 

                 Breath held back as gasp escaped his small lips that a little parted. Blood rushed to his face as if it had nowhere else to go, heating it up, colouring his cheeks with interesting shade of red.(Not as much as his sister’s. His was still enough to keep him from curious glares}. The beating of his heart continued to accelerate to the point he wanted to scream, to ask whether it was not tired from the vigorous exercise it was in and to tell it to beat normally, but he could not even form a coherent word from his mouth.

 

               Something soft touched his lips, briefly, but the impact was enogh to send electric shock throughout his whole system. His head felt dizzy. His thumping heart won’t stop. He was completely overwhelmed by the waves of emotions that hit him right at that moment. Confused….( We are men, this is weird). Thrilled…..( I feel excited! Why…?). Frightened….( I feel weird… Did he use his powers on me….?) Angry….( This is forbidden!). Joyful…( I want him to touch me like that again….)

 

                Because it looked like his companion was about to cry that Sehun put a distance between them, hands protectively lied on both of his shoulder. “What’s wrong….? Did I say something wrong?” He asked, clearly concerned.

               “Why…?” Kwang soo glared at him with puffy eyes, pouting in anger.

               “Why what?” He returned the glare with softer gaze.

 

               “ Why did you use your supernatural powers on me?! It makes me feel weird! I can’t stop my heart now and my face is too hot! And its hard to breathe! Stop this instantly!” , the smaller male yelled, stream of glittering tears ran fast down his pink cheeks. Sehun was shocked by that outburst and became a little confused. “ Powers…?”, he mumbled and tilted his head slightly, thinking. Then he remembered that time when Kwang soo suddenly don’t want to come near him because he thought that Sehun has some kind of super powers. That was the time when they got even closer through the promise they made.

 

               With a dark look on his face and a wicked smirk that come with it, he went down on all fours, crawling slowly towards the frightened looking male.” Yes… And with this power…”, he said in a low, deep voice, eyes fixed on the other who scooted closer to the end of the tent as Sehun closed the distance between them. He then sat up and put his hands on the trembling shoulders, making the poor teen jolted. With a face like a canvas of fear, he looked at Sehun as if his life was in danger( Well , Sehun might use his ‘powers’ to do something to him.)

 

               Ears and lips was so closed that the skin on Kwang soo’s ear was ticklish when warm breath touched it, causing his body to freeze though the heat could have melt him. “ I will steal your heart away.” The voice that went into his head was covered with sweet promise and sincerity, laced with a little greed and possessiveness. He gasped and whimpered, face whiter than the sheets.

 

               “Y-You’re ..going to kill me….?”, he asked, voice so low but high-pitched making it heard like a squeak.

 

             It was just too much and he could not take it any longer. Throwing his head back, Sehun burst out laughing loudly, further puzzling his victim. “You can’t just believe in that! I’m not going to kill you!” It was hard to finish his sentence between his booming laugh but he did anyway.” The way you look is priceless!” (Perfect for him to remember)

 

           A huff was enough to stop him from laughing.”You PROMISED not to use your powers on me! We are not friends anymore!” Kwang soo yelled at the top of his lungs and breathed rapidly afterwards. He had ceased crying although the tear’s stain was still visible on his cheeks and at the corner of his reddened eyes, which stared at his friend, screaming betray.

 

          Because he knew how kind and forgiving that piece of heart is, Sehun just chuckled and pat his shoulder.”Sorry I will not do that anymore.” He apologized, palms pressed together as he did. Kwang soo still gave him that angry glare but he finally gave it up seeing how much Sehun wanted his forgiveness. “ You will have to promise. If you break again, I don’t want to see you anymore.” He sternly said and pointed his forefinger forward. Smiling goofily, Sehun nodded and joined their fingers as if forming some sort of secret contract.

 

               Without putting his arm back, Sehun took hold of the small wrists and pulled him out of the cramped space. “It’s too hot in there. Let’s go and find some place to hang out.” Kwang soo was a little surprised by the sudden invitation since that would be the first time they would be outside of their tent (Yes, their tent because Sehun had always come here for the coffee. Even the scent of the cologne he wore could be found lingering inside) and walked in opened area together but he did not retaliate.

 

             It was indeed, cool outside that when the night breeze came and kissed their skin, the coldness could be felt seeping to their bones. With only a pair of thin clothes on, Kwang soo was shaking visibly, his cheek redder than usual. His gaze went up to see the calm face which was partly hidden with a pair of fashionable sunglasses( How attractive he looked in those. It just made his flawless face stood out even more) which looked odd because it was well in the middle of the night. They did not say anything. Nothing could be heard except for the crunching of the shoes against the hard for and the unending singing of the night creatures.

 

             He then turned his eyes to the dark sky, looking at the vast black canvas decorated by unending numbers of twinkling stars which surrounded an orange-coloured full moon as if battalions of soldiers dedicated to protect their beautiful princess from darkness. He had seen the view a thousand times before that it hardly took his breathe away but it never failed to awe him. Warmness crept to his body when something soft wrapped his body. Fabric rubbed his exposed skin at his neck and he moved his sight to the slightly taller male who was wearing a black casual shirt without jacket. He smiled a little and pulled the clothes tighter. “It’s so warm.” He thought. The light scent of the cologne filled his nostrils as they continue walking.

 

             The park was deserted, no one else in sight except for the two figures making their way to the swings, Yes, they were too old for these but it doesn’t hurt to just sit there, right? Kwang soo started to swing slowly, filling the place with the creaking sound. Sehun took out his phone and check the time. It was already a little late.

             “Is it alright for you to go home late?” He asked, concerned.

             “ Yes…. Mrs. Kim and Miss Ji Yeonhee never realize if I’m not home. Mrs.Kim was always working and that girl is busy looking out for your house.”

               Silence all over again. Tired of waiting, Sehun got up and walked to the other, pulling him to his feet. “Kwang soo…” A pair of strong arms wrapped around the noticeable skinny body. It was so sudden that Kwang soo felt uncomfortable and wriggled to escape but the hold just got tighter

               “ I like you… Tell me…. Did you feel the same way about me…?” The question came so sudden that it caught his attention. (He finally stopped struggling though his hand still clasped on Sehun’s shirt during his attempt.) “ I….” He mumbled and hid his face in Sehun’s shoulder. His lips touched the the soft fabric as he talked in low voice.

                “Maybe…. I like…”