Chapter 2

shattered heart

x

It was a wondrous day. The sun was shining brilliantly, bathing everything with its magnificent ray. The sky was so blue, being the place holding those barely moving white clouds. Tress swayed slightly as the soft breeze blew, cooling the hot, summer day a bit. Even the birds are singing happily as they called for each other from the top of the wires or roofs. Yes. It was a perfect day befitting for another perfect date.

 

Dressed in the best pair of clothes (which was those same white martial art uniform, cleaned and ironed) and having his hair slightly neat than it usually did, Kwang soo walked down the stairs happily, imagining the fun things he would do together with his boyfriend. They had been together for about a month and none of those days were filled with loneliness again. He even forgot how that really felt. All that was in his head was Sehun... Sehun and the coffee scent that seemed to follow him all the time.

 

“Mrs Kim! I’m going out! “, he told his mother who was busy counting something in the living room. As usual, that middle-aged woman paid no heed to him, too lost in her own world. Sighing in exasperation, he went to his sister who was busy watching the television about the EXO group. “Sis, I’m going out”, he stood behind her and said. “Hmm...” was her only answer as she was busy fangirling  around. Oh well, no point in telling them. Its not like they care.

 

He made his way to the playground. He wanted to bring his training pole along but Sehun had warned him not to or the date would not happen. He agreed, only because he had no one else to be with (not because his chest always ached to think that Sehun was mad) and came empty-handed.

 

Maybe he was too early because the other  was nowhere to be found. Sehun said to come at 8 but he did not know what he meant by that? Is it a time? Is it a count? Is it the number of times he had to come? He decided that it meant 8 o’clock but just in case he was wrong, he closed his eyes and counted slowly “1..2..3..” . His voice came out as a mumble “6..7..Eig-mff!”

 

Soft against soft, that was what he thought at first. A gentle peck on his lips by the count of eight and he quickly opened his eyes, gasping in shock. A playful yet melodious laugh filled his ears. “Been waiting for long?”, the taller male asked, grinning joyfully. Kwang soo made a sour face, not liking it when he was always being teased. Having him making that face throughout their date would kill the fun so Sehun gave in, pressing his palms together before Kwang soo and made an apologetic face “I’m sorry, okay? Its just that you’re too cute. I can’t resist!”, he unintentionally added, causing the other to blush furiously.

 

Chuckling, he took Kwang soo’s hand into his own and pulled him along. “Let’s go somewhere fun, okay?” he cooed but the latter didn’t give any kind of respond. Sehun smiled though, knowing that  his lover will cheer up soon enough.

 

They were now standing in front of a building coloured a soft blue. There was a sign at the entrance with octopus and shark’s statue decorating the entrance. A sea of people flooded the place, all wanting to go in and enjoyed themselves , watching the exotic aquatic lives inside. If not for the huge sunglasses that covered almost half of Sehun’s face, they would be surrounded by fans by now.

 

Still holding the shorter male’s hand tightly, he brought Kwang soo to the door and showed off the tickets that he had bought a few days earlier. “Stay close and don’t let go of my hand. There are too many people and i don’t want us to get separated.”  Merely nodding, Kwang soo followed his lover inside.

 

It was dark all around, only dim light illuminating the place. They walked down the stairs carefully, not wanting to end up falling on top of the other visitors. Kwang soo was excited as this was the first time he got into such place. His mother had always been too busy to follow his needs and his sister , well, she’d rather be at home, fangirling all the time. At the end of the dark place, there was blue light colouring the floor. The colour seemed as if it was moving, as if the floor itself had turned into water.

 

“Is this your first time coming here?” , Sehun asked softly when he realized how nervous his partner was.  A small nod came from the smaller male. With a smile, the brown-haired male led them to the second entrance and into the other world, at least that is what Kwang soo’s thought.

 

Eyes slightly grew bigger and mouth gaped in awe when the wondrous sight greeted them both. There was water all around. Beside them , above them, everywhere. As if they were walking right under the sea without getting wet! Just like an excited child, Kwang soo dropped his stiff and serious demeanour, pulling the brunette to the glass. He watched in wonder as thousands of small fish swam happily around them.

 

“W-where are we? Is this heaven....?” he asked innocently, eyes looking at Sehun, searching for answer. The other male laughed and pat his head fondly. “Let’s just say that... This is the world under the sea”, he answered softly. Although the answer was not what he expected, Kwang soo just nodded and turned, staring at the weird looking animals that swam in the water with no worries.

 

“There are more.” The brunette finally said after they had been standing on the same spot for the past few minutes. Almost reluctantly, the other followed as he was being dragged somewhere else.

 

Te other area was full of ponds with those weird creatures inside. “Let’s take a look ,” Sehun said and walked to the nearby pond filled with small octopus. The worker who was in charge of taking care of the animal greeted them. “Hello, sirs. Welcome to the Aquatic World. Is there anything that you would like to know regarding the aquatics animals we have here?”

 

Still controlling his cool, Sehun nodded. “Sure. Tell us about the octopus here.” He gestured towards the blue coloured one, silently liking its beauty.

 

What came after was a very long explanation on the scientific name, the place it was usually found, the food it eats, the ability it has and even the urban legend about how people thought it was a monster. (  Surely Sehun just nodded along, acting as if he understand what was said and impressing Kwang soo )

 

“Would you like to try and touch it?” The man asked politely with a bright smile on his face. His ears twitched at the word touch and his face quickly turned into one of excitement when he heard the word. It became harder to control his coolness.

 

“M-may I? ” He asked in a whisper and looked at the man as if screaming ‘Please let me! I want to touch it!’ Kwang soo, on the other hand had already squat beside the black pool and poked at the soft-looking monster. It wrapped its tentacles around Kwang soo’s fingers and arms.

 

Thinking that his lover was being stung, Sehun quickly went over to the other and pulled him away from the tiny monster, his face paled. The other just stared at him with blank face. “Don’t go and touch it just like that! We don’t know if it harmful or poisonous!” He yelled in his frenzy. Kwang soo jolted as he never heard the other rose his voice before. “Sorry...” Was all he could mutter.

 

Sehun sighed. His partner seemed down just because of the little yelling and it was not good if they wanted to continue with the date. Caressing the shorter male’s hair gently, he bent down and planted a chaste kiss on the sunken cheek, whispering “It’s okay,” into his ears before straightened up again.

 

It was embarrassing enough to be kissed in public plus with the constant whispering around them which mostly question about their ual preferences. The raven averted his gaze to the floor, try to hide his embarrassment.

 

“Mommy! What are they doing? They are both men right?” An innocent question came out of a small child added to the heat as his face grew warmer. A woman, apparently the child’s mom hushed her little boy and pulled him away. On top of it all, his stomach suddenly grumbled loudly.  Kwang soo covered his face with his hands, hoping that he could melt and evaporate right now.

***

The cafe was a little crowded much to Sehun’s fear. But it can’t be helped as the place was always packed with people especially on holidays. The other looked at him, waiting for his decisions as he understood that they would have to wait if they want a seat.

 

“Wait here.” Sehun said and pat his shoulder before disappearing into the cafe. He waited, standing awkwardly near the entry, alone, while the other people were surrounded by their families, friends and lover. There was a sudden pang of loneliness inside him which he tried to ignore. He’s used to be alone. He’s used to be ignored. Sehun would be away just for a while. He’s not a little baby who need someone to attend to him all the time.(So why did this make him felt hurt so much?) Still, his company was so familiar now that it was hard to lose it when other people had someone with them.

 

As soon as the other walked out the door, he quickly went to him and stick closer than usual. He didn’t say anything though (its not important). The taller male frowned, noticing his sudden change in behaviour but just shrugged it off as he put his arm around his lover’s shoulder, trying to  be intimate without seeing like gay lovers. Kwang soo relaxed into the touch.

 

“Guess what. I’ve got a table for us.” Sehun told, pulling down his sunglasses a little and winked with a smug smirk on his face. It was not that hard to coax the waitress into giving them a place. “That is great” was Kwang soo’s reply before they both walked in.

 

The table was quite secluded from others just the way the idol wanted it. He pulled the chair out, showing his gentleman side and sat across Kwang soo. A waiter walked in and took their order which was a huge plate of spaghetti Bolognese and a huge glass of orange juice, the infamous couple set. Sehun ignored the weird look the waitress shot them as she jot down the order. Luckily Kwang soo did not ask too many questions about it.

***

His slightly tanned skin was now as red as beetroot. He kept on walking, ignoring the male that tried to keep up to his pace. A smug smile plastered on the other’s face, acting as a fuel to his burning anger.

 

”I’m sorry! Can’t we just let it go? It’s not like anyone sees us!”  He ignored the pleas and huffed as he walked faster. Sehun sighed and grabbed his wrist before standing in front of the angered male. Kwang soo looked away.

“How could you...?”

***

 

When his eyes lied upon the gigantic plate and glass filled with their meal and drink, he knew that something was wrong. Sehun calmly stood and went to sit beside him before grabbing the fork and dug into the spaghetti. He motioned towards the other fork as he stuffed his face, telling Kwang soo to eat too. The other, of course, shook his head in refusal. There was no way he would eat from the same plate as him especially in the public! He might not be intelligent but he knew how some people react about unusual couple like them.

“Just eat it. Don’t think too much about the people. They won’t even glance at us.”

 

He tried his best to ignore his partner and enjoyed the meal. As he got the spaghetti into his mouth, he felt like someone lightly tugged at the other end of the noodle. His eyes slightly widened seeing that Sehun had the other end inside his own mouth. The older male just smirked and move closer to him as he eat the food up, closing the gap between them slowly. Their nose touched, lips barely met each other, one shining mischievously while another looked wary and nervous. The brown-haired male took the last bite, wanting to continue with the kissing but stopped as Kwang soo chose that time to turned away and sneezed. (There goes his chance...)

***

“I can’t believe you did that openly!” The younger one yelled as his lover kept on apologizing.

“But, that’s the point of ordering that set!” Sehun argued back and grabbed Kwang soo by his waist, pulling him closer. “And i thought that you like me too~!” The other kept silent, huffing in defeat. (Being naive, he can’t find the right words to reply after all).

 

“We’re here!” The older said and pulled him along to the carnival, looking like an excited little boy in his first carnival experience. He bought two tickets for both of them and got in.

 

Kwang soo looked around, amazed by the booths, stalls and rides available. They looked much more tempting and attractive than the fish in the aquarium. Besides, he had always wanted to come to such place. For a while, he forgot about his anger. “This is great..!” He said in awe. Sehun just smiled and brought him to the booths. For every score he got, he was given more tickets instead of prizes like the usual carnivals. After asking what were the tickets for, he suddenly became fired up to collect more. The other just followed, and cheered for him, feeling excited whenever Sehun managed to win the games.

 

After they were bored of the games, they decided to try the rides. Truth to be told, it didn’t sound all that fancy to Sehun as fast things usually made him sick. But seeing the other all worked up, he had to suppress that one flow of his and brace himself.

“Don’t worry. I’m here. Don’t be afraid.” As if sensing his uneasiness, Kwang soo took his hand and said with a straight face. “I- i’m not afraid!” He replied, trying to look cool although his voice was trembling. They were currently at the peak of the roller-coaster rail and waiting for te moment to moved.

He really screamed at the top of his lungs as the accelerated down the railway, his knuckles were white as he held the safety bar tightly. His partner though, looked frighteningly calm as the ride dangerously turned at the sharp curves

 

By the time it stopped, Kwang soo stepped out first and already looked around for other rides while the brown-haired male tried to keep his shaking legs firm on the ground.

The other rides were not any better. Well, it was amusement park after all. A place to amuse and excite people. Sehun can't help but hate most of the fast-moving rides which he can't tolerate very well. Kwangsoo took a glance at him, expression unchanged but who knows what played in his mind?

"Is it true that we can ride that wheel?" The shorter male asked while glancing at the huge merry go round. It was interesting in his eyes with the lamps and the way it moved but he doubt if they really could got in or if its really safe. Or if it will fall off and bring them somewhere else. Maybe to Antarctica? He can't have that happening! What will be happening to them? What should they eat? Ice?

"What are you thinking about? Its our turn." The voice of his lover along with himself being pulled stopped him from his trance. While he was busy imagining the worst case scenario, they had made it to the end of the queue and into the cab. He clung closer to his partner who tried to ignore the judging eyes.

 

The ride moved slowly, higher and higher. Although he was still unsure of the safety, excitement quickly took over him who was simpleminded. In that height, they could see the whole theme park along with the other buildings. Since the sun was setting, the orange colour of the sky made the place looked almost magical. It was fascinating and beautiful. The ray if the setting sun which shone onto Kwangsoo's face made his eyes shone and stood out

"Amazing..." The younger said before turning to his lover. Their lips met and with the moment so perfect, he melted completely into the kiss, both tilting their head to explore each other more. The moment they part, pants were heard clearly. They ran out if breathe as they indulged in their moment together. And now, even the kiss doesn't quench their thirst for each other.

 

 There was no more waiting when the Ferris Wheel finally came to a stop. With Kwangsoo holding to Sehun, face completely red and dazed, they didn't stop walking until they came into their tent. The walk felt too long that once they arrived, they can't help but embracing each other again, tasting the sweetness when their lips crushed and tongue meeting until they could not stop anymore. Today, they had felt so much happiness. Being by each other side for so long, it became hard to separate. Somehow, it made them greedy as lust whispered that they needed to be much, much closer than that.

 

 Heat emitted from their body at their intimacy. Every touch sent electricity which was stronger than usual throughout their body and for the first time, the younger male was not afraid of it. Their overlapping pants, moans and gasps became a wonderful piece in their ears.

 

“Kwang soo... I really love you. I will never let you go.”

 

“I love you too, Sehun..”