7

Tragedy and Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

( (very minor) ahead)

 

It had been almost a week since Jaebum had seen Mark, which was weird because the elder used to call him by the third day of not seeing each other, worried that Jaebum had grown tired of him. Needless to say, he was becoming a little curious as to why he still hadn’t heard from Mark. So, he decided it was time to drag himself out of his bed, throw some clothes on, and drive over to his best friend’s house.

 

After driving through traffic for about an hour through the awful Los Angeles traffic, Jaebum finally pulled up to the curb outside the Tuan home. In his overly-exhausted state, he failed to notice the extra car parked in the driveway. It was after all, atrociously early in the morning (9:30 am is still midnight by Jaebum’s classification).

 

He locked his car before sauntering up to the front door, not even bothering to knock as he knew that Mark’s parents would have left for work by this time. The house was dark and quiet when he walked in, giving Jaebum the clue that Mark was likely still asleep. He strolled quietly through the living room towards the familiar bedroom. He slowly twisted the knob and eased the door open, peaking in to see if Mark really was asleep, already making a plan to wake him up in the loudest manner he possibly could. However, what he saw stopped his movement completely.

 

Mark was indeed asleep, however, he wasn’t alone. Jaebum’s lips fell into a smirk as he took in Jackson’s sleeping body resting behind Mark, arms wrapped tightly around the others torso. He snapped a quick picture, deciding he would ask them each about the situation later, before turning and leaving. As he unlocked his car and snapped his seatbelt back into place, he couldn’t help but smile at the thought of his two friends finally reunited after their drunk dancing, which seemed like it had been years ago. He thought back to when Jackson had abruptly requested that Jaebum come give him advice, and how it all seemed to make sense.

 

I knew it.

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

After giving Mark a kiss goodbye (or maybe a makeout session is a better description), Jackson gathered his keys and shoes and made his way to his car, Mark only a few steps behind him.

 

“You don’t have to leave…” Mark said quietly, face in a cute pout. Jackson had to hold back his urge to pinch his cheeks.

 

“I’ll be back tonight baby, I promise. I’ll bring a movie over and some snacks, yeah?” Jackson pulled Mark closer by his hips and kissed his forehead. Mark simply nodded while wrapping his arms around Jackson’s shoulders. Smiling, Jackson tilted Mark’s chin up a bit.

 

“I just gotta go home and check in and clean up a bit. I’ll text you and you can call me if you need to, okay?” He said softly, carding his fingers gently through the other’s hair. Mark nodded again before leaning in to press another kiss to Jackson’s lips. Jackson cupped Mark’s face and pressed back gently, keeping the kiss innocent.

 

“You’re gonna make me never want to leave..” He whispered softly against Mark’s mouth. At this, Mark didn’t respond verbally, only pushing his lips back into Jackson’s, slightly more forcefully this time, while sliding his hands down Jackson’s front towards the button of his jeans. Jackson pulled away from the kiss once he understood what Mark was trying to do. He gently pulled Mark’s wrists until they were placed back around his neck.

 

“Not now baby..” He said quietly, to which Mark pouted.

 

“Maybe if you’re good I’ll reward you later..” At this Mark’s entire body raised goosebumps. He bit his lip as he blushed profusely. Jackson chuckled and kissed the other’s forehead before rustling his hair and finally getting into his car. He waved to Mark before pulling away from the house and heading towards his own. Meanwhile, Mark stood speechless in his place for a moment, trying to ignore the stir in his stomach caused by Jackson’s offer.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

When Jackson pulled up to his driveway he parked his car and got out. As he turned to lock his car, he noticed Jaebum’s parked alongside the curb. Confused as to why Jaebum would randomly be here without any notice or even letting him know for that matter, Jackson walked to the front door and let himself in. When he got inside, he was greeted with the sight of Jaebum on the couch, feet up on the coffee table and arms crossed over his chest.

 

“Where have you been, Jacks?” Jaebum questioned with a wide smirk on his face.

 

“I uh, had to uh go to my dad’s office this morning. He needed me to bring his… paperwork. He forgot his paperwork..” Jackson trailed off quietly, hoping Jaebum would buy his lie just this once. It wasn’t that he was ashamed of Mark by any means, but he really didn’t want to upset him by telling anyone about them before Mark gave the okay.

 

“I’m offended that you think I’m that naive, Jacks. Sit down, let me show you something.” Jaebum said, the same smirk gracing his features. Jackson sat down slowly, slightly nervous about Jaebum’s behavior. Jaebum tapped away on his phone screen for a moment before setting the phone face down in front of Jackson. When Jackson hesitated, Jaebum nudged the phone closer.

 

Jackson reached down and picked up the phone, turning it around to see what it was that Jaebum wanted to show him. The last thing he expected was to see a picture of him and Mark asleep in Mark’s bed, cuddled up intimately.

 

His eyes went wide and he quickly looked up to Jaebum.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter