9

Tragedy and Remedy
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Warning: ahead (also this is not proof read so you will probably find mistakes here and there, I apologize)

  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

They reached Jackson’s house just in time to avoid Mark trying something on Jackson while he was driving - they really did not need another almost-accident. As soon as Jackson got the car into park, Mark flew from his seat and into the driver’s side, landing with a thud atop Jackson’s thighs.

 

“Mark hold on-” He was immediately silenced by Mark’s lips on his own, kissing hungrily as he took two handfuls of Jackson’s hair. Jackson didn’t waste a second as his hands dropped to Mark’s waist and his lips mimicked the tempo the other had set. They kissed like that until Jackson pulled away, in a much needed breath. As they caught their breath together, Mark gazed at Jackson and thought about how he ever got to this point. How did he ever let Jackson in? Why Jackson? After the accident, no one aside from Jaebum had been able to enter his world. No one had been able to turn him into the malleable putty that he became at the slightest passing of Jackson’s fingers along his skin. Nothing else in the world had an effect on him to the degree that Jackson did. Yet, Mark barely knew Jackson in reality. Though it felt to Mark as if their souls had met once or twice in a life far beyond this one.

 

It wasn’t until those fingers he had been so focused on touched his cheek that Mark realized he was staring holes into the other boy’s face. When his eyes refocused, the sight granted to him almost made him lose his breath. Jackson’s lips were the first thing he saw, a light rose color that made Mark want to kiss them darker. Slightly plumper than usual from the pressure of the kiss he had initiated. His eyes traveled upwards, up the bridge of the other’s nose as it progressed smoothly into his forehead. Finally, his eyes settled on Jackson’s. Deep, warm and loving. They were full of what seemed to be admiration. A second later, he realized the look in Jackson’s beautiful eyes was directed towards him, and he couldn’t help the blush dusting his cheeks. Jackson was absolutely magnificent. He looked like a greek sculpture. Maybe he once was a God, to Mark, he definitely is.

 

“You’re making me feel self-conscious…” Jackson mumbled as he bit his lip. Mark awoke from his daydream and smiled.

 

“You’re so handsome Jacks… I can’t help myself..” With that, Mark left a kiss on the other’s cheek before climbing out of the car.

 

“Show me your house, you’ve already seen mine!” Jackson smiled and followed after Mark as the other made his way to the front steps.

 

“Both of my parent’s are at work right now, but they’ll be home in a couple of hours. I can introduce you and you can stay for dinner?” he offered. Mark froze up at the thought of meeting Jackson’s parents. He had overlooked the part where they would eventually have to meet each other’s families. Even though they weren’t formally together and Jackson would most likely introduce him as just a friend, the thought alone made him queasy. Noticing the change in demeanor, Jackson stepped forward and took his hand.

“You don’t have to, baby. Just know the invite is there, yeah?” He tried to be reassuring. He wanted to help Mark break out of himself. He wanted to encourage him to open up, not just to him but to others as well. Mark was amazing and he wanted the world to see the face of this beautiful boy. However, he knew he shouldn’t rush it. It was lucky enough that Mark had welcomed Jackson in so well. It didn’t make any sense, but Jackson had never been more thankful for another person’s existence in his life.

 

Mark smiled and nodded, but Jackson could tell the other was still anxious at the suggestion he had made. He smiled softly and took hold of Mark’s hand, pulling him into the house.

 

Mark looked around the house as they walked in, smiling as he saw many pictures of Jackson, both younger and older. He let go of Jackson’s hand as the other stopped to close and lock the door. He found himself standing in front of a family picture. Jackson was merely a toddler, his parents both happily smiling on either side of baby-Jackson. He smiled to himself and gently ran his finger along the glass over the toddler’s cheek. There was a feeling in his chest he didn’t recognize. A slight pressure of sorts, and a fluttering warmth that spread nicely all through his chest and down into the pit of his stomach. Arms around his waist and a warm chest pressed to his back brought him back to earth. He smiled and leaned back into Jackson’s chest.

 

“I see you’ve already found the baby pictures, huh?”

 

“Mhm.. You were a really cute baby, baby.” Jackson giggled and hid his face in Mark’s shoulder. Mark smiled and turned around in his embrace.

 

“Aw, don’t be embarrassed. You were adorable! And your parent’s look so happy. They must love you a lot.” Mark said as he tilted Jackson’s face up. He smiled and gazed at the other. Jackson really didn’t look that much different grown up than he did as a toddler. He still had the same squishy cheeks and pouty lips. Mark loved it, more than he would ever like to admit.

 

“I bet you have my face memorized by now, Markie..” Jackson mumbled before leaning in for a kiss. He pecked Mark’s lips only once before pulling away.

 

“How about we get to that reward I promised, hmm?” He said, voice low and seductive. Mark shivered and bit his lip, nodding shyly. Not a second later, Mark was being lifted and carried up the stairs. Jackson walked down the hallway a few feet before turning to the left and pushing a door open.

 

“Welcome to my room, baby.” He said softly as he walked into the room and set Mark gently onto the king size bed in the middle of the far wall. The room was well kept. It was clean and organized, the bed made and clothes put away neatly in their place. While it looked clean and organized, it wasn’t devoid of any home-y feeling. There were posters on the walls of various things

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter