Final

If Not Just For Tonight, How About Forever?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Blurs of trees, houses, streetlamps, and cars whirl pass, as Jungkook moves further away from his home. No, he isn’t running away. He just needs to be away for the night, be somewhere else, to be there for Kim Taehyung, Jungkook’s one love.

At midnight, Taehyung had sent him a text message, right when Jungkook was about ready to sleep. The text message was short, for it was composed of Taehyung’s location and a sad emoticon. Taehyung never used sad emoticons. Until now, of course. He mostly used the emoticon with the box-like smile, because, according to him, it resembled his own smile.

Knees almost giving out, phone tightly held in his grasp, Jungkook comes to a halt, a few miles from his home, at a bus stop.

“Damn it, Tae,” he murmurs when he sees the outline of a figure sitting behind the bus stop, on the ground, in absolute darkness, hugging his knees. Jungkook goes closer to the figure and plops down sighing. “You had me worried.”

The figure says nothing in return.

“What happened?” Jungkook asks, resting his head against the metal wall, glancing up at the star filled sky. Examining closer, from the corner of his eye, he can see that Taehyung has his jacket’s hoodie up and his bangs covering his eyes.

The figure continues to be silent, and Jungkook just takes it in, understanding that the other individual needs time.

“I’m so out of shape,” Jungkook laughs. “I ran the entire way from my house to here. Should have only taken me 15 minutes, but I tripped over a rock and fell.” Wearing basketball shorts, Jungkook’s right knee had been scraped, and is currently bleeding but he ignores it. Taehyung is more important.

“My parents were already asleep when I left the house,” he continues, “Seokjin hyung saw me leaving in a hurry. Didn’t have time to ask about my whereabouts though. Maybe I should send him a text.” Jungkook lifts his phone up, and was about to swipe the screen to the left to unlock the passcode, but Taehyung blurts out, voice deep and low, “My parents are getting a divorce. It’s official.”

There’s hint of shakiness in the voice; an indication that he’s trying so hard to fight against the tears. With nothing to say, because no word can express the sorrow felt for his boyfriend, Jungkook wraps an arm around the other’s shoulders and pulls him in closer for a side hug. Taehyung lays his head on Jungkook’s shoulder and encircles his boyfriend's waist with his arms. They stay in that position, in silence, for twenty minutes.

“My d-dad,” Taehyung begins, stuttering, breaking the quietness, “wants to … He wants  to go back to the country side of Korea. It was supposed to be to take care of my grandpa, but my mom …. my mom found out that h-h-he never plans to come back to Seoul. He was just going to … leave us … behind.”

This time, Jungkook stays silent, intending to let Taehyung say what he needs to say.

“He was … He was …  just going to … going to …  leave us. Leave my mom … Leave her to take care of me and my two younger brothers.” The shakiness

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter