8. I Need You

I Need You

October mornings were cold, but it has been cold especially this morning from the light drizzle outside. The sky is grey as the sun hides behind the dark clouds. Yoora steps out from her room in her oversized hoodie and shakes awake the hybrid sleeping soundly on the couch.  Jimin squirms under his covers, his hair a mess on top of his head. Yoora thinks it’s cute, so she ruffles his hair even more; Jimin leaning in of course because he loved his head being petted.

“Jimin ah” Yoora calls out quietly. Jimin looks up at her with squinty eyes and his puffy cheeks, still heavy from sleep; but still smiles up at her anyway.

“Could you follow me out today?” she asks, still his head. Jimin wasn’t quite listening because with Yoora stoking his hair, he could quite immediately fall back to sleep.

“It’s so early.” He whines and his voice nearly croaks.

“I know, but I need to go somewhere and I hope you could come with me?” she reasons, almost sounding like a plead and of course Jimin gets up, but slowly, looks up at her and nods. Jimin did promise her and he would never break that promise. Yoora rewards him with a scratch under his chin.

 “But where are we going?” Jimin asks as he rubs away the crusts from the corner of his eyes. Yoora doesn’t answer him, but instead tells him to get ready. Jimin with an unsteady stance gets up and does what he’s told.

It still takes a while for Yoora to calm her nerves and step outside the house, but she has gotten better now, knowing that Jimin would always be there with her. Today, it took her nearly 30 minutes before she could do so and all Jimin ever did was support her and made her feel better whenever she felt like she was about to break down.

When they finally stepped out, Yoora shivers from the cold wind blowing in her face but then she feels Jimin pulling her closer to him and it’s weird because he feels really warm despite the weather. Yoora reasoned probably because Jimin was a hybrid, and dogs expelled more heat in the cold.

 

“You didn’t tell me exactly where we’re going” Jimin says with a really lazy tone in his voice. He yawns loudly right after.

“We’re going to school.” She answers flatly, a tinge of worry in her voice.

“School?” Jimin has heard of the word school a few times, often hearing Hyerin asking when Yoora will be going back. This piques his interest because he has never actually been to one before.

“It’s a place where most of us will go to study. Some people like it there, and most people don’t but we still go because we have to.” Yoora explains to Jimin. Jimin thinks for a while and finds the concept oddly familiar.

“What about you?” Jimin is curious, “Do you like it there?” He looks down at her and she thinks deeply about this one.

“I don’t hate it, but I don’t like it either.” She shrugs, “I haven’t been to school for a while now, so I’m nervous but at the same time I’m quite excited to see my old friends again.” She says, ending with a nervous laughter. Jimin smiles along with her because seeing his owner seem so happy makes him happy. And he realises that he likes her more than just the owner-pet relationship, but he wouldn’t want to ruin it either. He’s reminded of what Yoongi hyung said and he promised Yoongi hyung that he would take it slow until Yoora is really comfortable with her own feelings for him.

 

“We’re here” Yoora says and right ahead of them, Jimin sees so many people heading into the large building. “This is the campus building.”

“Wow!” Jimin exclaims, in awe of the whole place. He’s so excited that he just wants to go around and explore everything there is to know about school! “Let’s go! What are we waiting for?” Jimin can’t contain his excitement and pulls Yoora, but Yoora stops him.

“Oh” Jimin forgot. Yoora hasn’t been to school in a long time, so there might be a possibility that she was still afraid of the crowd here. “It’s ok. I’ll be right here with you, remember?” Jimin comforts her, but Yoora shook her head and looks worried even more.

“No, Jimin. You can’t come into class with me.” She says regretfully and bites her lip from the anxiety building up.

“What do you mean?” Jimin blinks once, twice, unable to comprehend.

“Pets aren’t allowed in the classroom, Jimin.” Yoora tells him.

“But I’m not merely a pet. I’m a hybrid! I’m your hybrid. I’m half human too!” Jimin pleads, “I promise I’ll behave.”

As much as Yoora wanted Jimin to come along, she shook her head. “I’m sorry Jimin, I can’t do that or we’ll both get kicked out of class.” She feels really sorry for Jimin as she watches him pout and gives her those puppy dog eyes, although he was already nearly a full grown hybrid.

“Then who will be there with you? What if you get scared?” Jimin asks concerned.

 

“Yoora!”

Both Jimin and Yoora turn around to see Hyerin waving and running frantically towards them. Hyerin jumps at Yoora and hugs her tightly, both of them nearly toppling over.

“Oh my god, Yoora! You’re here.” Hyerin gives one last squeeze before finally letting go. “The day has finally come with you back at school” Hyerin pats her shoulder proudly. Then she turns to see Jimin beside Yoora, pulling a pout on his face.

“Aww Jimin, why the long face?” she scratches under his chin to cheer him up but it doesn’t work this time.

“I’m not allowed to go into school with Yoora” he puffs his cheeks with annoyance. “Who’s going to take care of her?” Jimin asks, genuinely concerned and Yoora can’t be helped but feel touched by his words. If she could, she would bring Jimin along and keep him beside her but it was the schools regulation and she didn’t want to be kicked on her first day back to school, more over put all the attention on her and Jimin. So she had to brave this one out on her own, and with some help from Hyerin of course.

“It’s alright Jimin, I’ll be with her so you don’t need to worry.” Hyerin comforts Jimin, but Jimin frowns and pouts harder. Not wanting to accept the fact that he can’t go in with Yoora, but it wasn’t like he could do anything about it either. “You trust me, don’t you Jimin?” Hyerin asks.

Jimin had to give in. He trusted Hyerin and he didn’t want to ruin Yoora’s day back at school. He whines at Yoora and all she could do was to apologize and pat his head for being a good boy.

“I should have asked Yoongi to come along, but he’s not the type to wake up so early in the morning.” Hyerin reaches into her purse and gives Jimin some of her pocket money, “Here, treat yourself with an ice-cream.”

“Ice-cream?” he takes the money from Hyerin, and he looks really confused.

“Believe me, it’s the best thing ever invented.” Hyerin gives him a thumbs up. Jimin still frowns and the thought of being left alone saddens him even more.

“Remember to behave, Jimin and wait for me here.” Yoora advices as she’s being pulled by a hurried Hyerin.

Jimin stands there and watches the two of them disappear into the building. He looks down in his hand in which Hyerin gave him money and pouts even more. He doesn’t even know how to use money. He didn’t even know what – What was it again? I- I scream?

Maybe he should just wait outside here. Yeah. That was a better idea. At least when Yoora’s class was over he would know immediately. Yeah. Yeah. Great idea. Yeah!

Not into one minute of waiting and Jimin is already holding onto his stomach. It growls loudly and Jimin can’t help but whine. He hadn’t had breakfast yet and he left the house without eating anything. He contemplated whether to wait for Yoora or to go ahead and buy himself a snack.

His frown dips deep in between his eyes when he thinks. He thought maybe if he waited for Yoora then got to get a snack together, that would be nice, wouldn’t it? The idea was his best idea yet; however although he would like to agree to his brain, his stomach decided the latter.

“But stomach, I want to wait for Yoora!” Jimin unknowingly starts talking to his flat stomach as he rubs it, trying to ease the hunger.

Grumble grumble

Jimin frowns harder as he glares down at his stomach.

GRUMBLE GRUMBLE

“Fine! You win!” Jimin whines and pouts. He wanted to wait for Yoora so bad but he was desperately hungry.

“I’ll go and come back quickly before Yoora finishes her class.” Jimin tells himself and he heads off to wherever his feet took him.

Fortunately, he identified a few small grocery stores and headed inside into one of them. He didn’t know what to pick and he could only make out a few characters on the packaging. The store owner, a nice old woman, was kind enough to help him out.

“Is this food? Is this delicious?” He would ask, and the nice old lady would pat his head and suggest him the tasty snacks.

“Uhm, is there anything invented to scream?” Jimin asks blatantly and the lady looks at him a little confused.

“What do you mean, child?” she giggles as she hobbles away to what she thinks it might be.

“Hyerin told me it was the best thing invented. But I don’t understand why I need to scream?” Jimin is genuinely confused and is even more than he was after the old lady starts chuckling to herself. She understood him perfectly and knew in an instant what he was looking for.

“Follow me, dear. I think I have what you’re looking for.” She leads him the way and Jimin diligently follows. “Here, sweetie. It’s Ice-cream not I-Scream.” She explains as she hands out one to Jimin.

Jimin still doesn’t understand the difference but brushed it off anyway; and too the wrapped cone from the old lady’s hand.

The old lady helps him out by unwrapping the paper from the ice-cream and urges him to have a try. Jimin was hungry as hell so without any hesitation, he does as he’s told. With his first of the cream, his pupils dilate and his eyes open wider. It tasted just like milk, but so much better!

It was too good. He needed more of it so he took big bites and nearly gobbled the whole thing down. His mouth, nose and even his cheeks were covered with the sweet delicious cream.

“Ah!” he stopped. His brain hurt so bad. Like his brain was about to freeze. Was he going to die? “What’s going on? Why does it hurt?” He whines and with his sticky fingers, he massages his temples wanting the pain to go away.

“Oh dear. I think you might have a brain freeze.” The lady giggled.

A brain freeze! So he was going to die! But he didn’t even have time to say goodbye to Yoora.

“It’s ok. It will go away soon. It happens when you eat something cold too fast. Try taking it slowly and it will taste better.”

Gladly enough, the brain freeze subsided just as quickly as it came. Jimin thought to himself maybe that was why they called it I-Scream. Even so, it tasted really good. Jimin took the old lady’s advice seriously and bought two more. One for Yoora and one for Hyerin. Jimin thought they might be happy to see him with his special surprise.

 

 

Jimin walked right back to the same place as before, just in case they were looking for him. He waited for quite a long time that the ice-cream started to melt in his hand. Jimin, not knowing what to do, off the melting cream off his hand and it still tasted good. Hyerin was right, it was the best thing ever invented.

When school was over, Jimin started seeing students flooding the university yard and he anticipated the arrival of Yoora and Hyerin.

“Jimin!” Hyerin waves at him from a distance and Jimin nearly jumps up and down from the excitement of seeing them again. He could see Yoora smiling, so everything must have been good while he wasn’t around.

“What have you got there, Jimin?” Yoora asks as she looks down curiously at the mess in his hands.

“I bought some I-Scream! It’s really good!” Jimin says excitedly and Hyerin giggles.

“We can’t eat that Jimin.” She takes the two cones from his hands and chucks it in the nearest bin. Jimin is devastated. Why was it thrown out?

“Why not? I bought it just for you. And it tastes really good so I wanted to share it with you.” Jimin whimpers. He doesn’t know what he did wrong. He just wanted everyone to be happy and it I-Scream together.

“It’s ok Jimin. It wasn’t your fault. Those ice-cream melted. We can’t eat them anymore. But we can go buy some more and eat them together.” Hyerin suggests and Jimin’s eyes widen with expectation.

“Could we really?” Jimin looks at Yoora and how could Yoora not say yes to Jimin with his puppy dog eyes.

“Sure we can.” She hooks her arms around his and they head down to the nearest grocery store.

 

“Don’t you want to ask me how school was?” Yoora asks Jimin as he laps at his ice cream. He nods his head frantically. Of course he would. All this time, he had been spending most of his time with Yoora that suddenly being detached from her felt really weird. He hadn’t spent the whole day with Yoora so of course he would want to know.

“You should be proud of her Jimin. She did really well today.” Hyerin cuts in and smiles up at Yoora.

“I couldn’t have gone through it without you Hyerin. And everyone else was really nice to me; a lot of my friends missed me too.” Yoora tells them. “I did feel like breaking down a few times though.” she confessed.

“Yoora!” Jimin springs up immediately as soon as she says so, but Yoora quickly calms him down. “I’m fine Jimin. Whenever that happened, I thought of you. I didn’t want to let you down. I wanted you to be proud of me as soon as I walked out of the building.”

“Yoora!” Jimin springs back up again, unable to contain himself. “I’m really proud of you, Yoora!”

Both Yoora and Hyerin giggle at Jimins cute outburst. “Thank you, Jimin” Yoora says and embarrassingly enough turns red from his enthusiasm. Hyerin notices this but keeps it to herself.

 

Hyerin waves them goodbye before she hops onto the bus and heads home. Jimin and Yoora wave her goodbye and decide to walk home as their apartment is just right around the corner. Jimin however had this strange feeling as they came closer to their home and it made him feel rather uncomfortable. Yoora takes notice over his strange behaviour and stops him to ask.

 

“Are you ok, Jimin?” she asks and she sees Jimin looking really stressed out for no apparent reason. Strangely enough, Jimin doesn’t answer her and walks a head. Yoora is startled by this sudden behaviour and follows right after him.

They reach the elevator and Jimin is restless. He senses something is wrong and wants to get back to their house quickly. “Jimin?” Yoora calls out as he rushes out the lift and she chases after his quickened pace.

Jimin stops a few feet in front of their house and Yoora sees it too. She’s shocked and is at a loss of words. She was pretty sure she locked the door before leaving to school with Jimin.

“I can smell him, but it’s very faint.” Jimin says, nearly growling.

Did he mean her ex?

Yoora starts to breath heavily. Did he really break into their house?

Jimin suddenly barges in through the door which makes Yoora jump in her spot. “Jimin!” She calls out and chases him into the house. What if he was still there? What if he hurts Jimin again.a

Yoora sees that her house has been ransacked and thrashed. He has been here for sure and they didn’t know whether he was still here or not. Jimin is frantically searching the house, but then he stops in the living room.

“Jimin” she grabs hold onto him. She can feel her heart race really fast and her breathing has grown heavier. She needs to calm down. They both need to calm down.

She hears him sigh deeply and smiles apologetically down at her. “He’s not here. I think he’s gone.” Jimin announces and it makes both of them relax.

Yoora overburdened by her anxiety, feels her legs turn into jelly and collapses onto the floor.

“Yoora.” Jimin supports her, making sure she doesn’t hurt herself.  

“I’m fine. Just let me take a breather.” She says, breathing in slow, deep breaths.

“I-I’m sorry I startled you.” Jimin apologizes and holds her tightly. Yoora shakes her head and forgives him.

“It’s ok. Just please don’t leave me so abruptly like that.” Yoora tells him and Jimin nods.

“I’m sorry, Yoora. C’mon. Let’s rest first before anything.” Jimin helps her up and heads towards her bedroom.

“Wait, don’t forget to lock the door.” Yoora warns him. Jimin leaves her for a few seconds then immediately comes back to help her out again. He lays her down on the bed and helps her with the covers.

“Jimin.” She sits back up. Jimin turns around and sees that she’s contemplating on something. Trying hard to make up the words.

“Jimin, please. Could you stay with me tonight.” She mumbles but Jimin can make it out clearly. He sees that she’s nervous as she digs her nails into the fabric of her blanket. Jimin stands there and blinks because he doesn’t know what to do. Last time this happened, he couldn’t stop his urge and kissed her, then ended up getting kicked out of her bedroom.

“I-It’s ok. I promise.” Yoora cooed and Jimin moved slowly towards the bed.

Jimin lies down first and is followed after by Yoora. She traces up his hand and holds them tightly, as if afraid he might go somewhere.

“Jimin ah. Promise me you’ll stay here with me, just at least until I fall asleep.”

“Ok, Yoora. I promise.” He whispers softly and Yoora smiles at him.

This time, Jimin watches her fall asleep. Her eyes close heavily and her breaths are slow and rhythmic. It’s calming and Jimin once again finds himself not being able to let go nor resist himself. This time however, he takes precaution and inches in closer to her. Their noses nearly touching and their breaths wars against each other skin.

“Yoora.” He whispers but Yoora doesn’t flinch and it was most probably the most right time to say this, “I love you.”

 

 

 

2.53 PM 171115

A/N: WOWWWww! Again, it seems like I update every two months. omg this chapter I'm sorry if this was a really boring filler and I'm sorry it even took me this long. I can't promise when the next update will be (probably in the next two months) but I promise, I'll make it better.

BAP COMBACK!!! I'm so happy my babys are back ;A; Anyway, I hope you liked the chapter and the story overall. Have a nice day!