The Plan

Lap of Luxury
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

Chapter 2

 

Dara exited the building the same manner she entered it—with poise and elegance. Still and all, if one looked hard enough, they would notice the small stomp on her steps. Inside, Sandara Park was trying to calm her aggravation. Kwon Jiyong would pay for making her stress over this petty thing.

She neared her Range Rover with Lee Hyung Shin, her driver, opening the door of the back seat for her. Shin immediately entered the driver’s side and started the engine. Before he could ask where they would go, Dara beat him to it.

“We’re going to Busan. I need to see my mother.”

“Yes, agassi.” Shin replied while giving a little bow.

Dara fished for her phone then dialled her mother’s number. After two rings, her mother finally answered.

“Hello? Darling, you called?”

Dara felt her tension lessen at the sound of her voice.

“Hi ma. Are you at home?”

“Yes I am. I haven’t heard from you in a while. Is everything alright dear?” She smiled, hearing her mother’s worried voice.

“Everything’s alright ma. I’m coming home today. Are Durami and Sanghyun home?”

“Durami’s at the grocery but she’ll be back soon. Sanghyun is out with his friends. Should I tell him to go home?”

“That would be nice. Let’s all eat out. I missed you.”

“Oh Dara! Eomma missed you too. Are you on your way?”

“Yes. I’ll be there after 4 hours.”

“Okay. We’ll wait for you. You’ll spend the night here, won’t you?”

“Sure ma, I will.”

“That’s great! I’ll prepare your room then. Be careful on your way here. Does your father know you’re coming here?”

Dara gave out a sigh before answering. “I’ll message him right after this call.”

“Dara . . . try to get along with your father. He only wants what’s best for you.”

“Ma, I know.”

“Then why do I still hear your father complaining that he can’t seem to get closer to you?”

She contemplated on what to answer her mother, but decided to just sigh. “Ma, let’s talk about this when I get home. I’m really tired now.”

“Okay then. Oh! How’s Jiyong? Is he coming with you?”

“No ma, he’s . . . busy.” She explained, trying to steer away from the topic.

“Oh, I see. Durami just got home. Want to talk to her?”

“I’ll talk to her later. She’s too talkative. I need a nap.”

She suddenly heard her sister scream “Yah! I heard that! You watch out when you get home.” Afterwards she heard her mother’s laughter.

“You didn’t tell me I was on speaker.” She pouted, complaining to her mother.

“You weren’t. Your sister snatched the phone from me when I mouthed to her I was talking to you.”

“Ugh, Durami.”

She heard her mother laugh again. “Let her be Dara, she just missed you.” At the background she heard her sister shout. “No I didn’t!”

“I bet she did.” Dara answered. “I’ll hang up now ma. Bye! Love you!”

“Love you too darling. Take care!” She heard her mother’s loving tone over the phone.

 

Dara waited for the other line to hang up. Once it did, her thoughts wandered back to how her conversation with Jiyong went.

 

 

 

 

“Divorce huh? And when did you come up with this brilliant idea?” Jiyong asked with a smirk.

Dara didn’t miss the sarcasm in Jiyong voice, but decided to pay no attention to it rather than to be swaye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter