A Visit Home

Lap of Luxury
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

Chapter 3

 

The white Range Rover arrived at Busan at roughly 7 o’clock in the evening. Dara gracefully alighted the vehicle then hurried towards the manor. The maids greeted her then opened the large mahogany doors for her, already expecting her arrival since a few hours ago. She returned their greetings before asking where her mother was.

“Madame is inside the kitchen. She wanted to prepare a small snack for you.” Minah, a young servant, informed her with a smile.

“She insisted, huh?” Dara asked, amusement lacing her voice.

Minah giggled before answering. “She did, agassi.”

Dara blew out some air. “Mother, really.”

 

She proceeded to their spacious kitchen where she found her mother busy in decorating the cupcakes with icing.

“Mama.” She called out softly.

Her mother, Park Hayoung, looked up, surprised to find her eldest already in front of her. She approached Dara and greeted her with a hug.

“Omo! Mama missed you baby! I’m sorry I didn’t meet you at the door. I was too engrossed, I didn’t hear when you arrived.”

Dara laughed before kissing her mother’s cheeks. “It’s alright mama.”

“I baked cupcakes! I’m sure your tummy’s already grumbling after that long travel. Have one.” Her mother offered.

Dara pouted. “I’m not hungry mama. Besides, I visit you every week. I’m already used to the long hours of travel.”

“Nonsense! You’re on a diet, aren’t you? Aigoo~ You don’t need to go into diet baby. You’re already very pretty. Actually you need to put more meat on those bones! I think you got thinner since the last time we saw each other. Are you eating well? C’mon, have one. I’m sure one cupcake wouldn’t ruin that diet of yours.” Hayoung exclaimed.

Dara’s laugh resonated around the room. “We met just last week ma. And I’m not on a diet.”

“All the more reason to eat this.”

Dara received the cupcake with a grumble. Remembering her siblings, she asked her mother. “Where are the brats?”

Hayoung gave her daughter a reprimanding look before answering. “They’re both in their rooms. Durami’s probably on the phone talking to her boyfriend.”

Hearing this new information, Dara’s head snapped towards her mother.

“She has a boyfriend?!” She inquired.

“Didn’t she tell you?” Her mother wondered.

“Who’s her boyfriend?” Dara inquired further.

“Maybe you should just ask her.” Her mother smiled while talking to her. Dara nodded her head then stalked towards her sister’s room.

 

She heard Durami’s giggles from the other side of the door. She rolled her eyes before barging in.

Durami stared wide-eyed at the intruder before shouting.

“Yah! Don’t you know how to knock?!”

Sandara grimaced, remembering she heard the exact same line just earlier.

“You have a boyfriend.” Dara deadpanned.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter