Waking Up to Something New

Blissful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Oh my gosh, Songhee, what did you do?" was Kyuhyun's question when Songhee came to his house with an unconscious young woman being carried by her .

Knowing very well that he would want to help this young woman and not go along with her plan if she told him the truth, she changed the story. "I saw this girl outside a bar, drunk as hell." She gestured towards the couch so that her would put the woman down. "She threw up next to the car and I went out to help her."

Kyuhyun wasn't sure whether to believe her or not but since he wasn't there during the incident, he figured he'd just listen to her. "Okay and...?"

"Then she kinda swung at me," she said, acting innocent. "She tried to grab me and stuff so out of defense, I pushed her away and then she kinda fell and hit her head against the wall really hard."

"Ouch." He stared down at the girl. "So... what are we going to do? We can't just have a drunk woman at my house." He looked at her face. Unfortunately for this young woman, he didn't recognize her at all.

"Well, actually," she drifted off. "I have a plan. You see, after getting her in the car, I checked for some ID. I found out she was an old accquaintance of sorts. She did a terrible thing to me a long time ago. She was, and probably still is, a . She seduced a bunch of guys and got them in bed with her, even my boyfriend at the time. She was just a terrible person."

"Hm..." He still didn't know whether to believe her or not. But still, he wasn't there so he just had to trust her. "Alright. So your plan?"

She smiled. "We'll put her in your bed and when she wakes up, we'll convince her that she had been very sick for a long time, hallucinating people that never existed and events that never happened. Like her family. If she asks about a person, we'll tell her she made that person up. She'll be questioning every part of her life. And then we'll tell her that she's been married to... to some rich guy. You could be that rich guy!"

"What?" he shouted.

"Hush!" she whispered. "But I'm serious. You are very very rich."

"And we all have to play along with it? Even my butler here and the other workers here?" he asked.

"Yes," she told him. "We have to be very precise on this prank."

"Prank?"

"Yes, prank."

"Songhee, I'm a master at pranks and this is no where near a prank. This is just plain evil."

"But consider the things she's done to me. Just do this for me."

He rolled his eyes slightly. "Okay fine. It's just a prank anyways." He thought for a bit while looking at the woman passed out on his couch. "So we're just going to make up a whole new life for her? And then?"

"At the moment she's really happy, we'll tell her it was all fake," she finished.

He winced at what he knew would feel insanely terrible. "But... that's so... heartbreaking."

"Remember what she did to me, then," she told him. "She did things that broke my heart, Kyuhyun. Whose side are you on? Me, your girlfriend, or her, this girl you don't even know but now know is a complete and total lowlife."

He sighed. "Well, I'm on your side obviously." He nodded a little. "You said she hit her head really hard, right? What if she doesn't remember anything when she wakes up then?"

"That's even better!" she said. "That makes it easier for her to believe it all."

"So what if someone goes looking for her? She's bound to have some friends at least."

"True... we'll think of that later. But for now, we'll change her name."

"Change her name?" he queried. "I don't even know her real name."

"But I do." She thought for a while, thinking about the girl's real name. "Maybe... Seo... Hyun... Seohyun."

"Huh?"

"From now on, we'll call her Seohyun," she said triumphantly.

"Seohyun," he uttered. "Okay. But my role is her husband. Husbands and wives, they kiss and do all that stuff. What the heck am I supposed to do?"

"Well, I want this to be as real as possible," she answered. "So you have my permission to act lovingly with her."

"Seriously?" he questioned. "You're not at all bothered by the thought of me kissing another woman?"

"Hey, it's just acting, right? Actors who are dating or married do it all the time in their movies. I just want this to be realistic. And if she asks questions about the past, like how you two met, make up stories. I'm sure you can do that."

"Yeah, I can." He looked around. "My workers... I'll tell them about it."

"No, it's okay. I will," she said. "Here's what I want you to do tomorrow morning when she wakes up. If you can, take the day off work, okay?"

"Won't be easy to ask for and my dad will get mad at me, but I can do it," he replied.

"Good. I'll tell one of your servants here to give you a certain signal to walk in. Pretend that someone called you to give you news that she isn't sick anymore, that she's come to her senses. Act all jittery and stuff, asking things like, 'Where is she?' and 'How is she?' and 'Has she really come back to us?' and stuff like that. And when you see her looking at you, just kinda run up to her and hug her and actually kiss her. Ask her if she's really okay again and when she says yes, tell her that you're glad she's fine."

"Alright, sure," he agreed to the plan. "You're lucky I've had practice in acting from a high school play. It was Romeo and Juliet."

"Really? Then this will be splendid." She thought for a while. "Henry will be part of the plan too and I'll give him the call about it after this." She looked at her who had heard of the whole thing. "Go and take her up to Kyuhyun's room, but gently so she doesn't wake up." She looked back at her tall boyfriend. "After tomorrow morning, I'm going to have to leave you alone, but make sure you keep up with the act. We need to make this as realistic as possible."

"So that we can hurt her feelings, I got it," he muttered. "You should go ahead and tell my workers the plan."

"Servants."

"Workers."

She rolled her eyes and walked past him to the kitchen where the cooks were. She knew he never liked calling them "servants" because it seemed like as if he were a king, which he didn't like seeing himself as. As wealthy and opportuned as he was, he was as humble as a poor family who had just gotten a loaf of bread. He never took anything he had for granted, which made him very attractive to women when he said so. They stated it was because they didn't see things like that everyday and thus really wanted to be close to him.

He was always grateful for everything while she, on the other hand, loved being served like a queen.

Kyuhyun went up in his room while Songhee busied herself with

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter