Missing the Train

Blissful Lie
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Joohyun just didn't have an apetite anymore. If anything, she felt like throwing up, which was just unhealthy since she hadn't eaten anything since morning and that food had already gone through its cycle in her body. Nobody liked being screamed at of course, but she felt absolutely ashamed by it. She had always been following rules and obeying commands when growing up so there really wasn't a need to scream at her too often.

But no one had screamed at her using such profanity before. All those words, and she understood what each of them meant, seared to the core of her heart, and she felt like crying. Her friends, Yonghwa and Taeyeon, comforted her, telling her that it wasn't her fault. Having seen and heard the whole thing, they were shocked themselves.

"Man, she was such a jerk," Yonghwa growled after Joohyun left and excused herself to the restroom. "It was obviously an accident. Even her boyfriend was embarrassed by her."

"I know," Taeyeon said. "But we need to stay calm."

"How can I stay calm?" he muttered. "Joohyun's my best friend. And that woman had no right to shout at her."

"And I completely agree with you," the older maturely replied. "She's my friend too, my dongsaeng. I love her and care about her and that woman didn't need to curse at her, let alone scream at her. But we need to be calm now and comfort her."

He sighed. "Right." He glanced in the direction of the restrooms. "I hope she's not crying in there. You want to check, Taeyeon?"

"Yeah," she answered as she stood up. She walked into the ladies' room and saw her younger friend washing her hands at the sink. Joohyun looked calm, yet you could still tell she was bothered by the words that were yelled at her minutes before. "You okay there, Hyun?"

Joohyun wiped her hands until they were dry and nodded. "Yeah."

"Are you sure?" Taeyeon asked.

"Yep..." Joohyun answered again. "Don't worry unnie. I'll be fine.

"Okay then."

Taeyeon could tell there was really more to it, but knowing Joohyun's attitude and pride, she wouldn't be told everything until Joohyun felt comfortable with doing so. If Joohyun didn't want to say anything, then she wouldn't say anything and Taeyeon wouldn't be able to change that. So she decided to leave that all to Joohyun herself. She knew she would figure it out.

The two girls left the restroom together and sat down with Yonghwa, who immediately inspected Joohyun's face for traces of dried up tears. But Joohyun gave him the same reassurance she gave Taeyeon. And he thought the same thing that Taeyeon did in the restroom.

He wouldn't really know how she was feeling until she felt comfortable until she would tell him. And he couldn't change that.

 

 

Kyuhyun was finally left alone (Thank goodness, he thought) and finished the rest of his work before 9:00. He found it to be quite a success on his part, seeing he usually finished just before 10:00 or 11:00.

He was honestly glad that Songhee's father called her and told her to come home immediately. But then he started to wonder how her father would react to her earlier behavior about the salad. He didn't think her father would really approve and might even had thought that it was his fault for spoiling her as she grew up.

Kyuhyun had to admit: Songhee was pretty spoiled. She had been a brat about ridiculous things several times. She even got him to buy a yacht. He didn't even know he had the money for it until she pointed it out, which he never found out how she knew so much about his wealth.

A shiver went down his back when he remembered their first trip on the yacht. She really was trying to seduce him with her two piece swimsuits. Maybe he enjoyed the view, but in the end, he knew he still didn't want to touch her that way.

No, nothing was wrong with his body like what Henry predicted. He felt like that sort of intimacy should be shared with someone you felt was really special to you and Songhee—well, she wasn't reaching that kind of importance to him yet. He couldn't explain why he felt like this towards that action of love while many people in the world were just doing it without even thinking about it. There are even one night stands. He couldn't even begin to think about doing that sort of thing with someone he didn't really know and then just leaving in the morning or right after the activity. It just didn't seem right to him.

He wasn't one to judge, he knew, and he wouldn't control anyone's lifestyle as long no one tried to tell him how to live his life and change his moral standards.

But still, he wanted that kind of intimacy. How great, he thought, it would be to make love to the person that loves you as much as you love them. That activity already feels good, he justified, so doing that with your lover must be even better.

He just didn't consider Songhee to be the right woman for that.

Then what was he doing dating her?

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter