Prologue

Black and Gray Morality

BREAKING: EXO’s Chanyeol Has a Girlfriend??

She stared numbly, fixated on the phone screen and the impossible question it displayed.

This shocking video was sent to Dispatch by an anonymous source. Allegedly, the source called the girl in question, and a man claimed to be Chanyeol answered the phone, saying things like “I’m her boyfriend,” when asked who he was, and “Don’t call her again.”

This wasn’t how it was supposed to happen.

The girl who can be seen in the back of the video bears similarities to the maid seen in this photo exiting the house where EXO was rumored to be staying half a year ago.

This wasn’t…

A LINE call replaced the webpage on the screen, causing her to jump at the sudden, invasive vibrations, but in the next instant she froze. This was not a call she wanted to accept.

Did he already know? Was he angry? If he didn’t know, should she tell him? Dozens of thoughts swam through her head, and in the midst of them-

“Hello? …Incheon Gal? …Hellooo…”

“Ah, K-Kai, sorry, I…”

“Did you see the news?”

So he did know. dried, and her voice hitched as she tried to answer. Heart pounding something awful and heavy, she managed to croak out a single syllable.

 “Yes.”

“How did Dispatch get that video?” He asked tersely.

She swallowed back the lump in before opening shuddering lips to speak.