Holding Hands

I Like My Best Friend

The two of us chatted normally while waiting for our seonsaengnim to come to class. Oh, and did I mention that Chen was asked to be seating partners with others girls a lot of times while we waited. So he's gonna be a ladies man... That's nice... I thought, rolling my eyes.

 
After about 10 minutes of waiting, seonsaengnim finally showed up. All the other people in my class ran to their seats like there was no tomorrow while seonsaengnim was getting out his papers.
 
 
The school day was BORING of course but I still sat next to Chen in all my classes who entertained me for the time being. I'm guessing he didn't want to deal with sitting next to fangirls since he begged me to sit next to him for the rest of the day. And of course I'm gonna hold that against him for the rest of his life. 
 
 
"FINALLY, DAY ONE OF SCHOOL IS DONE!" Chen shouted the minute we got out side which in fact made several people stare at us like we belong in a mental institution.
 
"Yep, the day is done and I wanna go buy bubble tea~" I sigh dreamily at the thought of bubble tea.
 
"Then let's go!" Chen, once again, shouted and grabbed hold of my hand. We started making our way to the gates when suddenly...
 
 
"Chen~" Soo Min cooed, rushing towards us.
 
"Um... yea?" Chen asked, rubbing the back of his neck with his free hand since he still was holding my hand.
 
"Oh... are you two... eh, dating?" Soo Min asked, struggling on the last word while staring at our hands.
 
"Nah, we aren't dating. Just the coolest friends in the world!" Chen praised, looking at my eyes, making me blush a little. I don't know why but, I can't really look him the eyes without doing that lately...
 
"Oh okay, that's good! So Chen, you're older than me right?" Soo Min asked, twirling her curly hair around her finger. 
 
"Yea... why?" Chen asked, string at her weirdly.
 
"So I can call you Oppa of course!" she squealed, making her voice a bit higher than usual.
 
 
*insert scratching disk sound effect here* Ok, I get I'm his best friend and all but Oppa? Seriously? My god, is it bad that I'm getting a little annoyed by the fact that some girl wants to call Chen, him out of all other guys, Oppa...  
 
 
I look at Chen and see him nod kind of slowly as if he has no clue how to respond to that. Ok, I'm raging a little now...
 
"So Oppa, wanna go get some bubble tea?" she asks, fluttering her eyelashes.
 
"Oh, we're heading there now so you can come with us!" Chen said cheerily. 
 
I sigh annoyed, in my head of course, and now the two of us turns into me, Chen, and a wild Soo Min practically clinging to his arm.
 
 
We finish our bubble tea and bid Soo Min good-bye before heading home. Once again, I was raging since Soo Min bought pastries from another place, trying to feed Chen in front of me. Well, I lost all the food in my stomach by mentally throwing up at the sight. It was disturbing... trust me...
 
 
"So... you jealous?" Chen asks, interrupting my thoughts while smirking at me.
 
"How can I be jealous?" I ask, confused of how I can be jealous of him.
 
"I saw you being all bothered by Soo Min, we've been friends for 2 years and we're already on our 3rd year... I can tell when your jealous," he says, grabbing my hand and swinging it lightly.
 
"Of course I was bothered, she kept flirting with you in front of me and it was definitely not good flirting," I say defensively.
 
"Three words... You. Are. Jealous," he smirks.
 
 
"Am not!" 
 
"Yes you are~"
 
"Chen, I swear I'm not!"
 
"Suuuuure, and I'm in a popular boy group with over a million fangirls"
 
 
"Chen, do you ever wonder why people think we're dating?" I ask, changing the subject.
 
"A little, why?" he says, not noticing the change of subject.
 
"Well, I have your answer," I say, holding up our interlocked hands.
 
"Ohhhh, but other people do that," Chen points out, while swinging our hands again.
 
"But those people are couples," I reply. 
 
Chen grabs my shoulders and looks me in the eyes. I quickly look at my feet since looking at his eyes are difficult for me.
 
"I know... I just don't want other girls to fall in love with me."
 
 
 
 
A / N: Hello Ducklings~ I know I said I wanted to take things slow and I'm trying oh so hard to but the cheesiness inside me has taken over. For one, I love cheesy situations (I'm a nerd... I know) and I was trying to save it for later in the story but I kinda was on a roll when writing and got a tiny bit carried away. Forgive me~