Extra - A Fallen Angel

The Angel of Death

It happened 10 years ago when one black wing was sent to Seoul to finish his usual task…taking a human soul. This happened many times a month and he was more than used to it. He always finished his duty fast and effective. Black wings kind was envious of him; he was the leader of their kind and an assistant of the great. They said his wings were large and they spanned across the sky at night like a dark shadow roaming in, he was well-built...a strong and very attractive angel. His name was Choi Seungcheol.


He liked living in human world as it was exciting, more lives and more fun. He normally did his job perfectly but he only did how he wanted to. He did not follow the book of rules nor others which was why some guardian angels did not like him but because he was really great at what he did, he became a trainer of his kinds.


“Junghan why you have to be so kind”

“I was not”

“You helped them”

“So?”

“Will you ever listen to me??”

“I always listen to you”

“Because you are the heir, doesn’t mean you can do whatever you want my dear” Junghan glared at the other finding the way to argue but he did not. The long hair angel sat down on sofa and continued reading.

“Junghan”

“What else do you want Seungcheol?” 

“Let’s go out”

“Not again”

“Well I have a mission and I want to see how the man looks like” Seungcheol sat down next to the other angel trying hard to get his attention.

“I’m tired and I want to rest. Besides…you!!! Left me last time so no no and NO” The sweet voice confirmed before stood up and walked away leaving the older boy frowned on his seat.

 

Seungcheol had to go out alone tonight without a pretty angel next to him, it was quite boring but he hoped to see his target. He always did this way, found his target, no plan and just went with the flow. He looked at the address in the book and drove off.

The restaurant was busy with customers and staffs waiting to greet them. He was regular so it was easy to find a table. He searched for the name “Jang Doyoon”, it must be on the name tag but he did not see anyone with this name so far. He sat and drank his wine relaxing after a while he spotted a tall man walking his way. He was tall, big round eyes, dark brown hair and he had smile on his face…a bright smile. Seungcheol scanned his name tag and yes the name matched. He did not know his target could be this handsome boy, it did not make his duty easier but at least he would enjoy it while he could.

“Your name is quite cool”

“Umm…thanks” He smiled again enjoying his life. Seungcheol could see that this boy had no worry on his face but why he was destined to pass at this young age. Sometimes the angel did not understand.

“I’m Seungcheol”

“Nice to meet you Seungcheol-shi” 

It started there, a fortunate or unfortunate meeting between the angel of death and his target. Junghan failed his task once with a little boy named Joshua now he had received his punishment. Seungcheol saw how painful the angel was but he could not help and no one could. It was not because Junghan was weak but because the pretty angel had a heart. Being angel was not easy; they had to erase their emotions and reasons from their thought which was the most difficult parts when they lived among humans. 


He normally did not talk about his task to Junghan, the beautiful angel was definitely powerful…maybe more than him as he was special, he was one of the kinds and he was an heir. Over a thousand year, he was the first son but he did not want to accept his privileges. The older boy had to admit he quite liked the pretty angel not only because his personality but he was a good friend plus he was very beautiful. But the long hair angel already had someone in his heart and he would never change.

“So how was last night?”

“It went ok”

“Just ok?” Junghan knew then when the other said it was ok meaning he did not get anyone on bed.

“Come on! I’m not sleeping with everyone”

“No?” The sweet voice chuckled lightly. 

“No…I guess no”

“I believe you” The pretty angel said without looking. He was more focus on the sharp blade in his hand.

“I haven’t slept with you yet, have I?” The older boy moved closer, his face almost touched the other cheek if not because the sharp object poking the side of his stomach. 

“No and you’ll never have me”

“Why beautiful people have to be so mean” He pushed the blade on the side.

“I’m not mean”

“How can you only love a person? I don’t understand”

“When you find the one, you will understand” Junghan smiled, it was bright but there was a hint of sadness mixed in it. That was love had done, love hurt.

Seungcheol never believed in love. He was with men, women and even angels but they were just lovers. He slept with them, talked to them and spent a little time but no one had captured his heart. Yes it was lonely being an angel, he had lived forever and forever could be harsh. 


He was interested in his recent partner Doyoon, the waiter from his favorite restaurant and his current mission. The angel did not mind going out with his target and that was exactly what he liked to do. It was not usual thing angels would do, most of them would avoid getting to know their target because they did not want to be attached but Seungcheol did the opposite. They would meet every evening at the restaurant, spent the night together and he would leave before the morning came.
He knew he had exactly one month to finish his task. He did not have to worry about time as by one month past, this boy would be just a memory to him.

“Seungcheol, tell me about yourself” Doyoon asked one night while they were sleeping.

“What do you want to know?”

“Anything…everything” His soft voice replied.

“I have my own business and I don’t have any siblings” 

“Only child?”

“Yes”

“That must be lonely” The boy commented sadly. 

“I’m ok”

“It’s lonely being alone” Doyoon said quietly like it was meant for him which made the other curious. This boy seemed to be happy pretty much all the time. Seungcheol never saw this boy frown face or upset with anything so far.

“I’m here with you right?”

“…” He went quiet again. Doyoon started to have a real crush on this handsome stranger but he had not said it out. He could see that Seungcheol was a playboy and would not commit so it was best that he had not hope.

“You’re sleeping already” The pretty boy did not reply. He just closed his eyes pretending that he was sleeping but actually he was thinking. He did not want to fall for this man who only played around with him. He knew it would hurt if he fell in love and did not receive his love in return.

“…”

“Good night beautiful” Seungcheol held the boy in his arms like that all night. He normally left in the middle of the night but it did not happen. He stayed until the morning and waited until the boy woke up. This human was beautiful and so was his heart. It gave the angel a doubt, a little doubt he should not have…why this boy had to die? He was young, only 21. He did not live his life yet.

Doyoon woke up feeling a pair of arms around him and he was surprised that Seungcheol was still here. Every day he would wake up with emptiness next to him but today it was warm and comfy. He turned to look at the older man peaceful sleeping face. He looked young, maybe the same age as him but Seungcheol said he was older than that. His face though, no emotions…not at all. His slender fingers lifted and brushed dark brown hair off his handsome face gently, it caused the other to wake up.

“Good morning Seungcheol”

“Good morning beautiful” He always called Doyoon that…beautiful. Besides Junghan who he thought was the most beautiful creature on planet, then this boy was beautiful too. It was a word he did not use often with people he was with. 

“You don’t go home?”

“I just feel like staying” He kissed the other forehead gently. Doyoon closed his eyes feeling the tenderness from his lover. It was a strange feeling and the feeling he had thought he would never receive from this man sleeping next to him. 

“Thank you” The word surprised the angel a bit; in his entire life none of human would say that to him. He did not blame them because most of the time he came to take their lives away so thank you would be the forbidden word. They should thank him because angel death was peaceful and harmless unlike devil death…terrifying. But these humans would never understand, death was death…death was bad. 

“You are welcome Doyoon”

 

From that day on, Seungcheol was rarely home and he mostly spent his time at the other boy apartment. Junghan did not ask anything, he was not a bossy type anyway. Besides, it was not his job to know everything about his trainer. It was a bit odd that Seungcheol spent time with this human, he must be special somehow but the pretty angel always warned his friend not to be too attached to a human because he did not want the same mistake happened again. Punishment was never good for anyone. 

“Seungcheol, who is this boy?”

“He is a waiter at Pledis restaurant”

“Oh! What is his name?”

“Doyoon”

“Strange name” Junghan was cooking and he did not really pay attention on the other who walked closer to him.

“Are you jealous?” He felt a pair of strong arms on his waist and he had an urge to hit the other boy with a hot pan in front of him but he did not do it.

“Put your arms away now ert”

“No”

“Do you feel like a hot meal on your face?” Then Seungcheol removed his hand away. Junghan was so sweet with that boy or others but with him, he was quite violence. 

“No thank you” 

“I wish you a good luck then” Sweet voice was sincere. He did not know what else to say because this human soul would be gone within a week or two. He knew it was hard for Seungcheol. 

“Thanks Junghan”


It had been three weeks past from the date he received his mission until today. He had one more week to spend with this playful boy. Doyoon was very nice and kind human that he enjoyed staying with. He was also the first human, Seungcheol liked…loved. Even though he kept telling himself that he did not love the boy, it was just new impulse but he could not lie to himself. He should trust the younger angel but it was too late now.


He did not plan to take the boy soul but he planned to extend the human life a bit more. Just a bit more would be enough for both of them so he could let go. 

“Doyoon”

“What if you knew, you were going to die next week…what will you do?”

“I guess, I would spend every minute with you” He hugged the other tightly and it gave Seungcheol a pang in his heart.

“You would?”

“Yes”

“Why?”

“Because you make me happy!”

“That’s it?”

“And I love you” Doyoon said out with a sad smile. He knew he would never receive “I love you” back from this man but if he was going to die then he would say it.

“Thank you Doyoon” The boy smiled. He always had this smile on his face, the smile that the angel wanted to keep instead he placed soft kiss on the pink lips. He wanted to say the same thing but it would make things went worse if he did.

 

A week past so quickly and the time had come, Seungcheol had abandoned this task and was called back to the sanctuary leaving Junghan confused. He knew there would be a punishment but he was not sure what it would be. He admitted he loved the boy even he did not say it out loud and now he understood his friend perfectly. The human was the one and he would spend every minute with him but now he could not.

“You may leave”
“What is my punishment?”
“It is not your place to question me Angel”
“But”
“Leave Seungcheol” 


The angel came back home not receiving any punishment but he thought it was too strange. Things were not supposed to be this way. He should receive punishment for letting the boy live but he did not then what happened. He hurried back to Doyoon apartment who was about to leave for work. The boy also surprised to see Seungcheol came back.

“You are back” 

“Yes”

“I thought I will never see you again” Seungcheol hugged the boy tight. He was happy to see Doyoon again even though his guts feeling was telling it something bad was going to happen but he had no clue what it would be. He could only be with this human as long as he lived.


It was like Seungcheol prediction, he knew something was coming and it was beyond his power. As one day, he walked the boy to work and everything seemed like a normal day for them. He was walking behind and Doyoon was just in front of him. Suddenly, the car came out rushing past red light and hit on people crossing the road. Many pedestrians screamed in shock, lots of them died an instant. He looked for his lover who lay lifeless on the floor. 


“Doyoon” He barely breathed but he opened his eyes to look at the deep voice calling his name.

“I t…hought I...saw…an angel” 

“Stay with me ok? I’ll bring you to hospital” Seungcheol tried his best not to cry. He also tried to calm the boy down from panicking. 

“You…must be an…a…ngel” 

“I am” His warm hand touched blood stained face as gentle as he could. He did not want the boy to feel any more pain. 

“I love…you S…eung..ch..eol” He closed his eyes and slept. He looked peaceful like he was just sleeping even from the accident. He would not hear the other replied.

“I love you too” 

Seungcheol looked at the other angel standing above them. He knew exactly what that man was, the angel of death. He must have been sent as replacement to take this boy soul. 

“Let him go Seungcheol”

“The great sent you?”

“Yes it is his time” He let go off Doyoon in his arm before stood up. 

“Please send him my regard” He stepped closer to the young angel who probably did not know who he was or what he could do.

“…”

“My service time is over” He pulled his short blade out before plunging in the other chest all the way. His eyes were cold and sharp. It was full of revenge and hatred. The angel fell on the floor touching his bleeding chest, human weapon could not kill them but this was not. 


Seungcheol already chose his path and this would be him from now on. The demon leader was more than happy to have the angel of death as their servant but what they did not know was Seungcheol had other plans. He was smart, strong and his hatred for the angel of death was far greater than anything else right now. He did not want to be just a servant…he wished to be the leader and he had exactly that. 
.

.

.

.
Junghan was very concern when he heard this rumor, demon had a new ruler and the new ruler was a fallen angel. He did not want to guess because his friend had been missing for a few weeks and no contact whatsoever. He was called back to the sanctuary for his own safety but he was worried about Seungcheol so he stayed put. 


He was even more shocked when Seungcheol came back home. The older angel he knew was not like this, his loving eyes were dark brown as well as his hair but now they were black. His eyes were black, cold and heartless. His hair was bleached dark blonde. Even though he looked healthy and not hurting but he was not angel. He came with other two demons, probably his followers.


The two demons were interested in this long hair angel. They did not know how deadly this beautiful one could cause but they dared trying. 

“We didn’t know our leader kept a beautiful angel here” 

“Where is Seungcheol?”

“He is outside” The one demon walked closer and closer to him. He did not want to kill them but he would do if they posted threat to him. His big brown eyes scanned the room for Seungcheol and the other was really outside. 

“I’ll let you choose…leave or die”

“Ohh…a tiny angel was threating us hahaha…” The one who laughed suddenly choked his own black blood. A long blade cut his throat in a swift second before it was pulled back and pointed at the other. 

“What the hell..!!!”

“Call Seungcheol in or you die” The demon ran out as fast as he could, look scared to death. Then the familiar face walked in with a smile…his smile was ice cold and ready to strike.

“Leave” He waved the stupid follower away. He wanted to talk to Junghan alone.    

The angel stood still, blade in hand and he stared directly into his friend soulless eyes. This was not supposed to happen. What made Seungcheol turn into a demon? What was the reason for that? He even killed one of his kinds, which sounded cruel unlike Seungcheol he knew.

“Seungcheol what have you done?” Junghan was on his guard now. He held his blade tight and pointed straight on the other chest.

“I am S.Coups now not Seungcheol” His eyes were pit black and his wings were different. 

“You…” The beautiful angel did not want to believe what he saw. His friend, only friend here on earth was turned into a demon. 

“If you want to kill me, do it now when you have a chance beautiful” Junghan pushed his blade a little harder, the pointed tip caused the other bleeding and his blood was as black as coal. 

“Tell me why”

“I suit demon better than angel anyway so becoming one isn’t difficult” Seungcheol replied with a smirk. He did not move away from the blade either. His right hand grabbed the sharp blade and it cut deeply on his hand, blood dripping on marble floor burning black.

“…” The long hair angel went speechless. He did not know what else to say, his friend became something he should stay away, something he could not help even if he wanted to. 

He dropped his blade down by his side not asking more question so if this was the way his friend had chosen then so be it. But before he walked away, his hand was forcefully grabbed by the demon. It left skin burning but he did not flinch. Junghan turned and looked right at Seungcheol devilish smile.


“In the end, that boy will hurt you”


“…”


“One way or another…he will die” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

*********************************************************************************************************************

Ok here is the side story requested by bloodygim.

I think it was a good idea so I wrote one shot story especailly for Seungcheol x Doyoon fan hehe