A Secret Unveiled (2/2)

The Angel of Death

That night, they decided to eat out and both chose their regular restaurant in neighborhood. The restaurant was not full because it was Wednesday night. Bar was quite empty, only a few customers as it was only eight o’clock but right when Junghan stepped in, he felt something was odd. The angel could sense unusual activities going in this very place and he was worried.

“Junghan are you ok?” His soft brown eyes were different; they turned cold and darker unlike lovely clear brown orbs the gentle boy used to know but not long until they came back. 

“Yes, it’s just strange today”

“Hmm…I don’t see anything different” Soft voice spoke up before finding their seats. Both of them sat on bar top table by the window so they could look at people passed by. The beautiful angel did not look like himself today, he was cautious of something and on full alert mode ready to fight back.

“I will be right back” The pretty boy walked to the back of restaurant, looked at the bar, restrooms but saw nothing. He knew there was something here, something demonic. After he walked back, a waitress was noting down orders from Joshua. In a blink of her eyes, he saw black orbs different than humans. 

Junghan walked back to the table calmly, this waitress was definitely inhuman even she looked like one. The young waitress was not regular here but the pretty angel would not do anything unless she acted first. Her eyes flashed when she saw Junghan and took a step back before forced the smile out again. 

“What do you want to order sir?”

“Same as him and I want it to go, is that ok with you Joshua?” The pretty boy requested. Joshua nodded as he saw that his boyfriend did not feel comfortable here. 
The pretty boy sat closer to his boyfriend who wrapped his arm around slim waist. His big brown eyes looked outside on the street and saw a person walking straight to the restaurant. The one, he did not want to see right now and he had that winked grin on his face. When he appeared somewhere there were always chaos and from the look on his face, Seungcheol was up to something. 

“Junghan…oh god it’s good to see you again” His deep voice was insincere and full of lies.

“Coups” The older man came here alone, that waitress was possessed and it was an alarming sign. Joshua looked at the new comer suspiciously, this man had weird black eyes and they gave him chilled. Junghan squeezed a warm hand under the table gently and offered sweet smile to his boyfriend. It made Joshua relax but it provoked the demon in front of him. 

“Joshua this is…SCoups” 

“Nice to meet you again Joshua” The older man answered politely. 

“You are that guy”  Joshua remembered this face then, the stranger who popped up in front of his boyfriend house a few days ago. There was no handshake between the two and the pretty boy was now moving his stool closer to his boyfriend. His tiny body was barrier between the demon and his boyfriend. Seungcheol called the waitress and ordered three drinks before sat down on opposite side without asking.

“So Joshua right here is your boyfriend”

“Yes he is”

“Lucky guy” Junghan snorted. He wanted to yell at the older man in front of him but it would be inappropriate to do that now with the gentle boy sitting here. Joshua went quiet all of sudden and observed the new guy who talked to his beautiful boyfriend. The long hair boy did not look comfortable meeting this man either.

“Please…..these are on me” Three glasses of red wines were served on the table. No one touched them except Seungcheol who was clearly having fun. The conversation was awkward and unpleasant for the two because the demon kept his flirty gaze on the pretty face while Junghan sighed repeatedly.

“I will be right back ok?” 

“Where are you going?”

“Just restroom” Once the gentle boy walked away, big brown eyes kept following. Everything was not right since the beginning, all because of Seungcheol appearance.

“Seungcheol, what else do you want?”

“Just a little surprise visit” His hand lifted wine glass for a sip, enjoying the night.

“No, this is not it! You did something to him”

“Did he hurt you?” 

“…..”

“Oh…I don’t even need to ask, those bruises you try to cover are so obvious”

“You purposely did it, you jerk”

“Didn’t you enjoy it? Something new, isn’t it?” Junghan held the glass so hard it cracked. 

“I’m not sadistic like you demon”

“Spice up your love life my dear, I bet it was fun” Seungcheol smirked. He enjoyed teasing this long hair angel since the old days but being demon now gave a little edge to it.

“Why are you even here?? And that waitress was one of your kinds” The pretty boy looked back at the young woman who stood close to the bar. 

“She has nothing to do with me” He his lips slowly while looking at the beautiful face opposite to him. 

“Just leave us alone, will you?”

“What a protective boyfriend! Does he know what you are yet?” Seungcheol leaned to whisper.

“It’s none of your business” Junghan moved away while the demon was smiling at the waitress who giggled when she saw Joshua walked out from the restroom. The taller boy was back to the waitress to check on food and bill then walked back to his pretty boyfriend. 

“You can’t kill me beautiful, it’s not your job”

“I will make sure someone does then” Sweet voice was stern. He would definitely report to the warriors making sure they kept their eyes on Seungcheol.

“You should keep an eye on that boy of yours, human is so fragile” The older man had that carefree smile again which was a really bad sign.

“Stay away from him”

“I didn’t do anything to him…but that girl might” Suddenly, the small waitress walked up so close to Joshua. She grinned widely then Junghan saw a sharp object in her hand glistening under dim light instead of the bill. 

“Joshua, watch out!!!” He jumped and pushed his boyfriend out of the way before the knife went through on the side of his stomach. His hand went to the girl in front before she flew back hitting the wooden bar until it cracked sending bottles and glasses to shatter on the floor and on the bartender. The scene could only be described as chaotic when other customers screamed in shock. The waitress was unconscious and look broken while another long hair boy was stabbed bleeding. 
The demon looked at the beautiful angel on the floor obviously satisfied with what he had created before looked back at the gentle boy; his eyes were total pitch black that made Joshua blood ran cold then he disappeared. He did not believe what he just saw but his priority was on his beautiful boyfriend who was injured.


The long hair boy sank down on the wooden floor after the attack, bloody hand pulled the knife out. He bit his lips hard not letting out any scream before clutching on the wound where he was stabbed. Blood was pouring out as the stab went deep, his white t-shirt showed how much blood he was losing and his hands were stained by dark red liquid. Big brown eyes searched for the way out but he was losing his consciousness trying to heal himself. His vision was blurred and he could not focus to heal himself anymore. This was what the demon wanted…him showing angel form in public.


“Junghan….oh god oh god no….you are bleeding”

“Please…get...me home” The beautiful boy commanded, the gentle boy obligated as fast as he could. He lifted the tiny figure in his arms, got in his car and drove fast.

“You need doctor!!”

“No!! Get me home”

The beautiful angel was not going to die but he could not reveal himself, he had to get back to his house where it was safe and protected. He would heal faster and no one would see him. The house was not far, and Joshua acted so fast that the pretty angel had to admit. 


“You are bleeding, you need to go to hospital now not your home. You can die!!” 

“I won’t…please leave” Joshua pushed the door open and carried the tiny boy to living room. He looked for first aid kit but it was nowhere to be found.

“No I won’t leave you” Joshua grabbed a hold of the long hair boy; he ed blood stained t-shirt and took it off to check the wound. It was still there and blood was pouring down on small hand. He grabbed a white towel, pressed on stabbed wound and another hand started dialing emergency contact.

“Let…go…off…me” Junghan pushed the boy off him and whimpered. He looked at his boyfriend with pleading eyes but Joshua did not move one bit.

“No I said I won’t leave you and I will call ambulance” Joshua insisted. His hand was still on bleeding wound while the angel struggled to move away. The angel did not want to knock his boyfriend down by force and most of his power was used to heal himself so he had to save his last bit of energy staying awake.

“Get out!” His dark brown eyes were dark and cold unlike sweet boyfriend Joshua knew but that did not make the taller man moved away either. Joshua was there trying to help his boyfriend who now curled himself next to the leather sofa in living room. Every time he got closer, the beautiful boy yelled at him to get away.

“I won’t, you are hurt. Why so stubborn” 

"I...told you to stay away Joshua" The angel was losing it, his angel form was threaten to come out as he was losing power healing this stab wound. When he said the last word, Joshua did not back away but then the gentle boy was stunned when a pair of large wings suddenly spread out behind the beautiful boy in front of him, the force knocked Joshua backward hitting the door hard. 

 

"Joshua..." Sweet voice cried out softly and collapsed on the floor unconscious.


The gentle boy hit the wooden door so hard and he was knocked out...not sure how long he was off. His hand instantly rubbed on his head feeling the pain from the impact earlier. When he recovered and opened his eyes, Joshua stared in shock and the gentle boy automatically crawled backward away from the creature in front of him until his back hit the wall. His long shaking hand covered his mouth and his eyes went wide. 


“oh my god” He closed his eyes tightly before counting one to ten then opened them again. This was not a dream…he even pinched himself to make sure. The pretty boy he fell in love was not human. Joshua sat and stared at the black-wing creature unable to move for a long time. He felt like his mind was running nonstop while trying to process his thoughts. He closed his eyes one more time wishing that it was just a dream but it was not. The black wings creature was still laying in front of him only just one meter away. 


“It’s just a dream….this isn’t real” He kept repeating to himself but it did not go away. Joshua prayed calming himself down and breathed. It took a little while for him to gain his mental state back, the tender boy suddenly realized that Junghan was injured so he approached slowly to check on beautiful creature laying lifeless on the floor.


Junghan was breathing, he could see the rise and fall of his wings. The wound seemed to heal itself but the beautiful boy did not wake up. His wings wrapped around his whole body protecting the tiny creature underneath. Joshua gathered his courage and touched on strong wings hoping to wake the boy up but he did not stir. 


“What to do….” He looked at the sleeping beauty again and Junghan looked exactly the same when he slept, only he had wings….enormous wings attached on his . His shaking hands positioned so he could lift the pretty boy up, the wings were light comparing to the size of them. He placed the unknown creature on the bed before came back to sit in living room. 


His hands were on his head not knowing what to do, there was blood on the carpet floor and on his shirt…red pool of blood but no wound on the beautiful body anymore. His boyfriend had black giant wings and could heal himself. That guy at restaurant had scary looking eyes…he was in total hallucinating state for sure.


“Junghan…What…are you?”


The gentle boy walked out the door back to his car. Joshua sat in his car thinking hard, he wanted to wait for Junghan when he woke up but he could not bring himself to do so. Had a thought about what his boyfriend asked him this evening, maybe that was a hint but all these time, Junghan lied to him again?? Was there any truth? The taller boy drove back home, took a shower, composed himself and looked for some details on internet. He did not find anything but it made him gone crazier. Joshua let out a deep sigh thinking about his boyfriend who turned out to be some kind of creature with black wings. 


After thinking back and forth, he decided to come back a few hours later as he was worried about his boyfriend who was badly hurt earlier. The gentle boy walked in quietly before sat down on armchair next to their bed. His hands buried on his hair and he kept staring at the enormous black wings wrapping around Junghan. 
Joshua sat like that all night making sure his beautiful boyfriend was safe and alive. Even though he was scared to death that Junghan would wake up and turn into a demon. There was no blood on bedsheet so it healed??? He must be drunk last night and if he fell asleep, it would be just a bad dream...really bad dream but he could not sleep even he was tired.

 

Junghan woke up shortly after and he was surprised to see his boyfriend sat there waiting, the boy looked extremely tired and anxious. The pretty angel was shocked himself as well as when he felt his wings wrapping around his body. Joshua was not supposed to know or see this.

"Oh god this is bad" Sweet voice said to himself but his voice woke the boy up.

"Why? Because I found out you are not human?" Joshua was being sarcastic. He did not know what to say or act or do anymore. He loved Junghan but there were so much lies behind that beautiful face.

"Yes" Junghan face was pale and panicked. 

"Junghan?"

"I am an angel" This was ultimate deal he made with this boy, and he hoped that Joshua would not tell anyone about it or everything would be over. 

"....."

"And it is a crime to reveal oneself to humans..." Sweet voice said softly to himself. His face was full of grieves.

"Junghan what did you just say?" The pretty angel seemed to be lost in his thoughts and did not hear Joshua.

"I am sorry"

"....." The gentle boy looked at the pretty angel concerned. 

"I am sorry Joshua I really am”

“…..”

“I don’t mean to keep this secret from you Josh…but I can’t tell you because it’s the rule and I would be exiled if they know” He did not mean to upset his boyfriend but this business being an angel was not something to show off.

"So you are an angel?" The big brown eyes looked up surprised by calmness in the gentle boy voice. He nodded.

"Why your wings are black?" The frequent question he heard even the small ones in heaven would ask him this...why his wings were black? was he really an angel? He used to this question and he did not take offend by it.

"Because I am different kind than what humans…I mean you know, you always have perception that angels have white wings and demons have black ones" His tiny hand touched soft black feather on his back lovingly. These pair of wings were never vary, they always protected him since he was born until now. 

"I think I deserve explanation from you"

"Yes"

"I'm listening"

"We were called angel of death, they sent us to collect human souls to heaven" Just the name already terrified the tender boy. Fear was written on his handsome face and that was something Junghan used to. Who wouldn’t scare of death? Well maybe the beautiful angel did not, because he would never die. Sometimes Junghan wondered how it was like to be so close to death….he was the one delivering but never once receiving.

"....."

"There are only numbers of us left, most of them turned into demons like Scoups you saw last night"

"He had black eyes"

"Yes he put demon influence on you the other day too, that's his job"

"Why didn't you stop me, lock me up, and knock me down or something?"

"Because it's you, I just can't" Junghan covered his face by both hands. Over hundreds of years old, the beautiful angel never once fell in love. He knew it was wrong so he avoided everyone who came close to his heart. It was empty and lonely, that was how he used to be before meeting this tender boy. Joshua had reached and captured his heart like nobody could, maybe it was because his gentle personality, his sincere, his pure love given to the unwanted creature like Junghan.

"Hey...I..am sorry"

"It's ok"

"....."

"You can leave me if you want" Junghan finally said it out and Joshua stood up from his seat right away. The pretty angel flopped his wings to cover himself even more, he did not want to see his boyfriend walked away but he was shocked to feel his wings being pull lightly. 

"What are you doing? Hiding from me?"

"I thought...you are leaving" Joshua walked from sofa and sat down on the side of their bed beside black wings. These wings were majestic and spanned across half of the space, black feathers loosely arranged and floated from just small movement. They looked light but flexible, strong and impressive. It was amazing to see a real angel. Who would think angels and demons existed.

“No I’m not leaving you anywhere Junghan” His warm hand soft feather tenderly. He liked touching the silky brown hair and this feather gave him exact same feeling…comfort. 

“My wings…they are my protector and I can’t live without them” 

“They are really soft”

“Yes”     

“Junghan…I’m sorry too I was being stupid and unreasonable. I should have listened to you” Joshua thought about last night and it made him realize that he could not live without this beautiful angel. He regretted what he did. Only if he trusted his boyfriend, none of this would happen.

“….”

“You save my life twice and all I did was hurting you” His warm hand reached and touched the scar; it was left as a reminder. Joshua touched the scar gently wishing it would go away. He could not bear the feeling last night when he saw Junghan laid lifeless on the floor because he took the knife without caring about himself.

“Just a knife couldn’t kill me” The pretty boy added. There were no weapons in this human world that could kill him. Demons could but they would not do it as it would be against the agreement all of them made long time before Junghan was born.

“…..” Junghan said like it was normal but for the gentle boy it was not. Seungcheol plan was meant to have the pretty angel reveal himself in public which could cause big trouble but luckily Junghan was back home fast enough.

“That guy, he can hurt you?”

“Coups? No he can’t” Joshua let out relieved sigh.

“He is a demon you said” 

“Yes he is”

“But how come you two knew each other” 

“We were friends a long time ago…he was an angel just like me but something happened and he chose to be a demon instead” The beautiful boy said sadly. 
Seungcheol had been his only friend for so long, they used to talk and train together. They were close friends even though they were totally opposite. The older always did things according to what he wanted while Junghan would do whatever the book said. It was always sad to see one of his kinds turned into something he could not reach to anymore…a demon. 

The beautiful angel would not hate the older boy this much if he was just a demon but Seungcheol or Scoups started recruiting black wings angel and that was something Junghan could not accept. 

“As long as he doesn’t hurt you then I’m ok” 

“You have a kind heart” 

“So do you” His red lips curled into small smile when Joshua lifted his tiny hand up for a kiss. The gentle boy scooped a little closer and the pretty angel moved his wing out a bit giving space.

“Thank you” 

“No Junghan, I should thank you for loving me” His warm hand was on blushing cheek feeling smooth skin. He loved looking at this beautiful face, those lovely brown eyes, pink lips he loved to place a kiss on every now and then.

“Just stay with me…I promise I will be a good human” That brought an angel small smile. 

“You are already a good human” Junghan laughed a little and his sweet voice was music to the gentle boy ears, his eyes shined brightly like sunshine on a sunny day same as what Joshua remembered. Their lips collided slowly and patience, they took time feeling each other soft lips. It felt great to finally reveal himself to his boyfriend. The boy deserved to know the truth from him, it did not help making his task easier but it gave him peace of mind.

“Promise me something” His hands went from the wings to the angel shoulder. 

“That depends on what you want me to promise” The pretty boy wings folded around them.

“Don’t risk your life for me anymore, I can’t stand losing you” Junghan smiled sadly. He thought about the mission that he would definitely dismiss it. He did not know what kind of punishment he would receive but it was better that way anyway. Joshua could move on with his life without him, without any harm.

“I can’t promise you that…but I promised that I will always be with you” The long hair beauty smiled tenderly, that was all he could do for the one he loved. He lived forever and one day Joshua would die but until that day, he promised to stay.

 

 

 

 

 

*****************************************************************************************************************************************

I finally made it! Chapter 6, sorry that it is plain and simple. 

I'm kinda busy with work so I'm trying my best to make this fic comes out as good as I can T^T

Thank you for reading this story, subscribes, votes and comments ^___^