10

Love Me Again
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Kai glanced at the digital clock on his nightstand when he woke up to the sound of thunder. 4:08 AM. 06/20.

 

His gaze lingered at the date. June 20. If him and Sehun never broke up, today would be their 7th anniversary. As he stared at the ceiling, his mind wandered to the last anniversary they spent together, when they were madly in love and everything was still perfectly in place.

 

 

 

"Happy 4th anniversary." Kai whispered to Sehun's ear, backhugging him while they were watching the fireworks at the amusement park.

 

Sehun turned his head to the side and smiled at Kai. "Happy anniversary."

 

Kai smiled back and pecked Sehun's lips before they both looked up at the sky again. "Have I ever told you that I felt and saw fireworks the moment we first met?" Kai asked.

 

Sehun chuckled. "Countless times."

 

"And four years later, I still feel it everytime I look at you. In fact, the sparks just get even more brighter as time passes by. What did you do to me? I fall for you even more every single day."

 

"I feel exactly the same. What have you also done to me? It's been four years and I still go crazy everytime you kiss me."

 

"Do you think, in another four years, we'll still feel like this?"

 

"Four years.. Five years.. Six, Seven, Eight, Nine.. Forever. We'll stay this way forever, Kai."

 

Kai embraced Sehun even tighter. "Promise?"

 

"Promise." 

 

"What if something happens? What if we go through a really hard time? Like, what if one of us falls out of love? Or what if one of us has to leave? What if one of us falls sick? Or one of us loses his memory? What if life tries to break us apart?"

 

Sehun turned around to face Kai, their bodies pressed together as their arms were wrapped around each other's waist. "No matter what happens, we'll keep holding on. If one of us drifts away, the other will do everything to get him back. If one of us loses his memory, the other won't stop reminding him how much they love each other. If one of us falls sick, the other won't get tired of looking after him. Let's promise each other. Even if life breaks us apart, we'll fight for each other until we can be together again. We'll find our way back. If ever something happens in the future, remember this day. Remember these promises. We'll make it through anything as long as we hold on to this moment, this very moment that we're looking into each other's eyes and we can see how much we want to stay this way for the rest of our lives."

 

"I'll never love someone as much as I love you, Sehun. I love you too much I wouldn't know what to do if I lost you."

 

"I love you too. We'll never let go, okay?"

 

"We'll never let go." Kai firmly stated before he leaned in and latched his lips onto Sehun's. 

 

 

 

We'll keep holding on. We'll make it through anything. We'll never let go. As Kai remembered that day when they made all these promises, he suddenly felt like he's been hit by a tidal wave. How they used to look at each other's eyes, how they used to kiss passionately and embrace each other tight. He could still feel it like it all just happened yesterday. No matter how much he tries to fight it, he's still longing to have it all again. 

 

Kai suddenly got out of his bed, grabbed his car key and phone before he went out of his room and headed to the front door, hastily scrolling through his contacts to call Sehun and ask him to meet up.

 

 

 

 

Kai gasped in shock as soon as he opened the door and found Sehun standing outside his house, badly shivering and fully drenched. He never thought Sehun would still be there, especially when it has been raining all night. 

 

"Sehun! Why are you still here?! It's raining hard! Are you out of your mind?!" Kai yelled in worry and frustration as he quickly approached Sehun, getting himself also soaked from head to toe.

 

"I.. I told you, right? I won't leave until you give me another chance." Sehun barely managed to speak as his lips were quivering.

 

Kai abruptly embraced Sehun desperately tight. "How could you be so stubborn?! You should have went home when it started raining! You'll get sick!"

 

"I don't mind if I get si

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter