Chapter 5

But, I Like You [Semi-Hiatus]

He thought that it was just him over thinking again, that he felt that you were acting out of sorts recently. But she don’t usually stay mad at me for that long?

‘Jaehwan hyung.’

‘What!’ Ken exclaimed back as Ravi had settled with hijacking his room while he was trying to do his work. He was getting increasingly frustrated as the latter was messing up his bed, without having even washed up, not surprisingly. And especially when he has been calling his name for a few times already without stating the reason behind his weird behavior.

‘Do you think Mi is being strange recently?’

He immediately stopped scribbling, and turned around to face the male who, anyone could easily tell, seemed extremely disturbed. ‘What do you mean by strange?’ For one, I haven’t stayed here long enough to know which of her actions are considered strange while which aren’t.

‘I don’t know?’ Ken sighed and turned back to his homework. He actually thought that the conversation was going somewhere, but apparently not. ‘H-Hyung! Jaehwan hyung!’

‘WHAT.’

‘Mi just doesn’t seem as cheerful as usual. And she doesn’t come over as much,’

‘I thought she said that she has assignments due?’

‘But she would always come over to do them! And when she IS here, all she does is cleans up the living room and kitchen and every other room she sees except for mine.’

That’s kind of true. ‘She didn’t clean mine.’

‘AND she is not the type who cleans the place when she gets bored. She’ll probably annoy me or something.’ Did he just ignore what I said about her not cleaning my room too?

‘Since when has she been like that?’

‘From that day at the bus stop.’

‘Wonshik-ah.’

‘Yeah hyung?’

‘That’s like. Three days ago.’ Ken turned to look at him, to check if he was still there as he did not get any form of response, while Ravi stared blankly into the air.

Well those three days seemed like eternity to me. ‘But-’

‘Why not ask her if she’s feeling okay instead?’

‘I tried! She just brushes me off with ‘Go away.’ In that grumpy tone like I owe her a million dollars.’

‘Maybe she just needs a few days of alone time.’

‘Isn’t three days enough?’

‘Then what do you want me to do?’

‘I don’t know.’

‘And then how am I supposed to know or do anything then?’ Ken mumbled in frustration. ‘Now if you could kindly go and wash up if you would like to continue staying here in my room...’

‘Finefinefine.’

He heard his door slam shut as Ravi left, and then felt guilty for a moment for chasing him off like that. But he was soon distracted as he thought about what Ravi just told him. He, too, felt that something was amiss regarding your behavior, and asked you if you were okay, but you just smiled back at him saying that you were fine. Though he could tell that your smile wasn’t the one that you usually carried around.

 

 

‘Are we not going back with Yoomi today?’ Ken asked as he followed Ravi past your class.

The three days have developed into a week, and he was beginning to feel convinced that there was indeed something wrong.

‘She messaged me that she’s going out with Jieun after school today so we can just head straight back.’

‘Going out?’

‘Maybe I should ask Jieun when they would be done. Yeah maybe I should.’

To: Jieun

     Hey, when would you and Mi be done later?

‘If they went to catch a movie, I don’t think she’ll be replying you anytime soon though.’ Ken said as he looked over to see what Ravi sent.

‘It’s worth a try. Maybe we should think of something to cheer her up. Whatever she’s sad about.’

‘But wouldn’t that be possible only when we do know what was the cause?’

‘I kind of hope that I’m not the cause.’ Ken nodded as he silently disagreed. But I think that you are indeed the cause. ‘Oh- That’s fast.’ Ravi looked at his phone but immediately stopped walking.

From: Jieun

     Us? Didn’t Yoomi tell you that she has detention today?

Detention? She doesn’t look like one who would get detention? / What detention? Did she type wrongly? Did she get the wrong Yoomi? My Mi would never get detention.

‘I bet there was a typo or maybe her phone auto-corrected a word.’ Ravi awkwardly laughed as he quickly typed back a reply, feet still rooted to the ground.

Detention?

     Yeah. Detention. She was caught sleeping in class today.

Sleeping? In class?

     Thrice.

By Ravi’s reaction, Ken could tell that it wasn’t a norm for you to get detention, or to even be sleeping in class in the first place.

‘This is bad.’ Ravi mumbled, eyes still fixed on his phone. ‘For the entire seven years I have known her. She has never gotten detention before. And she isn’t the type to sleep in class.’

‘Maybe she couldn’t sleep last night?’

‘Then why would she lie to me?’

‘So that you wouldn’t worry about her?’

‘It just doesn’t make sense. At all. Everything.’ Maybe, erm, well, it’s the time of the month? ‘And, her period already ended two weeks ago. There’s no other reason as to why she’s behaving like that.’ Well, then- Wait. How did he know?

‘How ‘bout we go back and wait?’

‘I’m pretty sure she isn’t going to come over today either seeing that she freaking lied to me.’

‘But I don’t think waiting here will do any good either seeing that she lied to you so that she didn’t want you to know?’

‘Then am I supposed to keep this on? Not knowing why she’s like this? Am I supposed to leave her as it is?’

 

 

After much Ken successfully persuaded Ravi to head home first, and maybe they could drop by your house afterwards, or the next day, if you really do choose to not turn up that day either. But he did not even realize that Ravi had left again once Ken went back to his room, until he heard him shouting from the outside.

‘Mi-ah! Yoomi!’

He was about to check out what has struck the other male, until the door to his own room burst open, and it was slammed shut within seconds. Followed by banging of the door and shouts by Ravi from the other side.

‘Park Yoomi! What on earth is wrong with you! Open the damn door now before I- Jaehwan hyung! Open the door for me!’

Ken stared at you as you turned to face him after locking the door behind you. Just how much has that door been through?

One thing for sure, you definitely did not look pleased, and Ken assumed that Ravi went back to wait for you in the end. But that did not explain why you were there, in his room.

‘Jaehwan oppa, do you have any clothes to lend me?’ You asked, not moving away from the door, ignoring the commotion from the outside. You could even feel the impact from him hitting the door.

‘You better open the door when I’m asking you nicely before I knock it down. And you do know that there’s the spare-’ . The spare keys. Are with umma and she isn’t back from work yet.

Which you clearly knew that it wasn’t with him. And that was why you were there. The moment you saw him waiting outside the teacher’s office, you knew that he would not stop pestering you, and your house was off the list as he knew clearly and had hidden all your spare keys. And then you remembered that the room which you used, also the one that Ken was currently using, had its spare keys kept by his mom.

‘Clothes?’

‘I’m tired, but I can’t possibly sleep in these.’ You mumbled softly as you looked at your uniform.

Ken constantly looked back at you as he headed to his closet, noticing that you seemed as though your soul was out of your body. She really doesn’t seem okay at all.

He silently rummaged through his clothes and took out a shirt that would probably not be that loose for you, But don’t she have her clothes in Wonshik’s room? … Well, she did lock him out.

‘Actually I just need a shirt will do, I’m already wearing shorts.’ It was hard to hear you, with the never dying noise outside, but he still caught the gist of it as he turned and passed it to you. But where is she going to- The toilet is outside. ‘Jaehwan oppa.’

‘Yeah?’ He looked at you as you fumbled with the shirt which he handed you.

‘Would you mind if, I, erm, change here? I’m really sorry.’

He immediately froze, his eyes widening, but fortunately got his senses back and quickly turned around to face the wall. ‘U-Uh. It’s okay.’

You weren’t even sure what was wrong with you. The only thing in your head was to get into something comfortable and to get some sleep which you had been lacking for the past entire week. You knew that you were causing a whole lot of trouble to the both of them, but figured that you’ll deal with it after you get your state of mind back.

‘Done.’ You dragged your feet to Ken’s bed and flopped down on it immediately, covering yourself with the blanket. ‘Thank you Jaehwan oppa. And I’m sorry.’ You said slightly louder, hoping that he could hear you. But he was just trying to calm himself down by the fact that you just changed, and that your shorts were really short.

‘Jaehwan hyung! Can you open the door, please?’ He looked at you, and then at the door.

‘Please don’t open the door. I might die.’ You added, before blocking yourself from everything that was happening around you.

 

It wasn’t long before Ravi gave up, and resorted to spamming Ken with messages.

     Hyung, is she okay? Can you please open the door?

     She’s freaking me out. Is she telling you anything?

     She’s not doing anything weird is she?

At least, I don’t really think that sleeping is weird.

After much contemplation, and making sure that you were indeed sound asleep, Ken unlocked the door, to find Ravi seated right behind it.

‘Is Mi okay? Wher-’ He immediately jumped up, but was silenced by Ken’s hand over his mouth.

‘Sleeping. Though I think that you shouldn’t wake her up.’

Ravi pushed his hand off and rushed to the bed, seeing that you were safely tucked in, and that there were no signs of self-inflicted injuries or that of any sorts. He lightly placed his hand on your forehead, and retracted it. No fever. But. She looks pale.

‘This didn’t happen before, right?’ Seeing that you don’t actually have a back up plan to get her to open the door if I wasn’t accidentally in here. Ken asked as he followed Ravi out of the room.

‘She would always let me know first if there’s anything. I don’t understand why she’s like this all of a sudden.’ He babbled blankly as he headed back to his room. ‘Was it really because of that day? But it shouldn’t be. Even if I did something wrong, she’ll just scream at me straight away. Which is honestly much better than me not knowing what’s happening to her right now.’

‘Then maybe it’s not your fault?’

‘But then why would she keep anything from me?’

‘You should probably calm down first, Wonshik-ah. She should get better when she wakes up.’ Or at least I hope so. And I am equally frustrated as you, not knowing what is going on with her.

 


 

[A/N] HI OMG IT HAS BEEN MONTHS. I was actually done with this chapter like last week but I wanted to update my other fics together which I have yet to finish, so I kept it as a form of motivation but apparently it's not working and I don't want to delay it any further so here it is!

I'm really sorry that it's still kind of short though >< Writing ain't being nice to me recently. But my exams are over so YEAHHHH!!! I have more time for this now whootswhoots! (Provided I don't get distracted by kdramas hahaha)

Anyways, sorry for having to keep you waiting for so long, and hope that this chapter wouldn't be too much of a disappointment!

Thank you for the subscribes and comments! 

<3