| Two |

| Landfill |
Narrator's POV
 
Byunghee watched the new girl from afar. Ever since he seen her in the hall he found her to be a mystery and he found nothing more entertaining then trying to solve one.
 
It was luck to have her sit in the seat in front of him. (Byunghee failed to notice it was the only empty seat. .) Throughout the class he stared at her long dark brown hair not caring if she or anyone else noticed.
 
Once school ended he rallied his friends together then took off in pursue of the girl. Only he found pleasure in following her, his friends finding it boring and also a tad bit creepy.
 
The cutie Kyungjong spoke up in whine, "Can't we do something else? Why are we following her anyway?" He got put into a headlock by Hajin who began to rub his fist into his hair.
 
"He might want her for a use! We need to do this so we have good songs!" Hajin finally let him go earning a glare from Kyungjong.
 
Jihyuk looked at Byunghee, who would stare at the new girl then look away if she looked around. He thought back to the week before. . "What about Soo Ah?" The others looked at Jihyuk then at Byunghee with curiosity. They forgot about the girl Byunghee was chasing after just last week, saying she was his 'muse.'
 
Their leader looked behind at them. He gave them a wide smile and pointed to the girl. "She's not for music. She's something different."
 
- Jihye's POV -
 
The school day passed by quickly. Most of the teachers forgot to have me introduce myself, though I'm sure they'd only care about me if I had a parent with extreme wealth and a high working position.
 
They soon would though sadly. My Mother is one to shove her money and power into the faces of others until she has them cowering in fear and wrapped around her finger.
 
Sometimes it's a blessing and sometimes it's a curse.
 
As soon as I exited the school my phone vibrated. I unlocked it and looked at the text. Mom: I wont be able to pick you up. Walk home and don't forget to do your chores. I let out a loud sigh then began to walk home.
 
I would actually rather walk then have her pick me up. Then I wouldn't have to sit in a small, enclosed space with her as she ranted on about my manners and actions.
 
Other students walked past in groups of two or more. They all laughed and joked together. Deep inside I envied their relationship. I wanted companionship but many things stopped me from gaining it.
 
I stopped as the crosswalk signaled an orange hand. Looking around I noticed a small cafe on the other side of the street. Once the signal changed to go I walked across and made my way into the cafe.
 
I was greeted with the smell of coffee beans and pastries. There was a short line to order so I happily stepped behind a women. I took this time to gaze around the place. It was cozy with the normal wood furniture and some pretty paintings hanging here and there. There was an open door on one side that had a sign saying "Book Store" hanging over it. Indeed, there was one next to the cafe.
 
This could be my escape, I thought. Then I frowned once I thought about it more. I already have one.
 
My eyes left the door and to the entrance of the cafe. A group of boys stood out in front, most looking bored except for one. I squinted my eyes to focus on him only to have them widen with recognition.
 
It was the boy from my first hour, and also his two friends. The others I wasn't familiar with but I knew they were all buddies. With them all together they looked even more troublesome than before when it was just three.
 
The boy seemed to notice my stare and gave me a big smile along with a wave. I only gave him a forced smile before turning away. The women in front of me walked away from the register making me relieved for the upcoming distraction.
 
"What can I get you?"
 
I gave the cashier a kind smile then said, "I'll take a chocolate chip frappe please." They put the order in then gave me look, "For Jihye.. sorry.." I added quickly. They responded with a nod and a big smile before going to make my coffee.
 
I kept my eyes on the person making my coffee to keep myself from looking at the group of males outside. Soon my order came and I gave them the money. Now for the hard part.
 
Slowly I opened the door, cautiously moving out and around the group. I was close to escaping their attention when my phone rang causing them all to look towards me.
 
Cursing whoever was calling I grabbed the annoying device and answered it.
 
"Hello?"
 
"Where are you?" My Mothers voice sounded tense. Just by the tone I could tell I did something wrong even though I couldn't think of what.
 
My shoulders slumped in defeat. I could never do anything right. "I'm at a cafe, I just stopped by for some coffee. I'm half-"
 
"Im Jihye! You knew I was going to have company over yet you decide to spend MY money on your selfish needs! The house is a mess and the guests are coming in an hour! I swear you never should be replied upon. Get home." Then she hung up.
 
I stood there with the phone in my hand for a minute. She was right. I was told Sunday afternoon she was planning on having people come over but I have poor memory and forgot.
 
My head fell back and I gave the blue sky a hard glare. I wanted nothing more then to give out a loud scream but since I was in public I couldn't.
 
My hand tightened around the coffee cup. I felt sick and no longer wanted it. Turning around I was met with the stares of the boys. At this moment I didn't care, if it was a different time I would have.
 
I walked to one of the boys who had unruly curly hair and shoved my drink into his arms. "A present." I said in a hard tone. He grabbed it from me with a curious look. Before he, or anyone else there, could say anything I turned around and almost ran home.