Strangers

Save Me

[5:30AM]

“Beep, beep, beep, beep.” Kris’s alarm rings. Kris snoozes the alarm and sleeps on his side. After 5 minute, his alarm rings once again. He turns it off. After lying in bed for a good 10 minute, he gets up and walks into the bathroom to get himself ready for the day.

After brushing his teeth and all, he walks into the kitchen to find something to eat. Opens the fridge and sees that there’s no food. He grabs the carton of milk and chugs it. After finishing it, he didn’t throw it away. Instead, he puts it back in the fridge.

He walks over to the dining table and sees that there was already breakfast made. He sits down and sees that there’s a note left by his older brother Jin. The note says, “When you wake up, eat this. I’ll be back tomorrow morning. You and dad take good care.”

After reading it, Kris throws the note on the ground and starts eating. He quickly finishes his food, puts his dishes in the sink, but doesn’t bother to wash them. He washes his hands and goes back into his bedroom. Locks his door shut, tight and lies back down on his bed. He gets up and starts dressing himself and getting ready for school.

After he finishes putting on his school uniform, he grabbed his cellphone and backpack. He grabs his shoes, puts them on and walks out the door. Closes the door. He held onto the door knob, contemplating if he should lock it or not. In the end, he decided not to lock the door just in case his dad would come home drunk.

He walks his way to the bus stop. After waiting for 10 minute, the bus has finally arrived. The bus’s door open. He was just about to get on the bus when a young lady quickly cuts in front of him. Kris scoffs and thinks to himself, “What the heck?...” The young lady scans her bus card and looks at Kris. “I’m so sorry! I’m in rush! I don’t want to be late for school”, said the young lady.

She looks for a seat and quickly sits down. Kris scans his card and sits a seat behind her. After sitting down, he takes out his phone and puts on earphones to listen to music. They both sat quietly in their seats. She then realizes that they are both wearing the same uniforms. She turns around to look at Kris. She awkwardly laughs and says, “Ahhh…We’re from the same school…haha…” Kris looks at her but doesn’t respond her. He continues to listen to music on his phone. She smiles and introduces herself. Pulls out her hand for a handshake. “Nice to meet you. My name is Jang Areum. And you?” He still doesn’t bother to look at her nor respond to her. She looks at his uniform and sees his name tag. “Aaah, your name is Kris. That’s… a really nice name.” Kris looks at her and pushes her hand away. Areum’s a little embarrassed. Areum slowly pulls her hand away from Kris. She nervously laughs and slowly turns back around. “Tch. Who would want to be friends with a person like you.”  

“Ah, we’re already here”, said Areum. She gets up and holds onto her book bag. As she got up, she saw that Kris was listening to music and had his eyes closed. Areum wasn’t sure if she should wake him up or not. She stood there for a good minute not knowing what to do. “If you are going to get off, please quickly come”, said the bus driver. Areum looks at the bus driver. “Ahh…ye, I’m coming now.” Areum puts on her book bag and leans forward to Kris. She lightly shakes him. He opens his eyes and looks at her. “We’re here…” 

 

 

 

[Author's Note: I hope that you all will continue to read! Thank you~ ^^]