2- Last Only a Short of Time

Flowers of Incarnation
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Finally new chapter! Enjoy XD

 

TWO.

 

 

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

20th May 2015

 

                   It’s raining cats and dogs in the city that evening. People are running under the roof, avoiding the rains. The weather is getting cold as the rain is pouring hard. In front of a hospital entrance, a man is standing there alone staring at the rain soullessly. In his right hand is a bouquet of white roses, exceptionally filled with pain. With tears started forming in his eyes, the man looked at the white roses with his blurred vision covered by tears. Drop by drop, the tears are falling down his cheeks. He looked at the rain with sorrows shading his whole expression. A cold wind suddenly blew and slapped his face full of cold tears, but all he did is statically standing there, lost.

 

“Ah it’s raining! What should I do? So cold!”

 

A girl suddenly appeared next to him, rubbing her palms together. The guy quickly wiped away the tears and bowed down his head. He saw the girl was cutely stomping her feet on the floor, reflexing to the cold temperature. From the edge of his eyes, he noticed the girl hastily inserted her hands into the jacket’s pockets. He slowly lifted up his head and secretly checked on the girl from her head to toe. She looked rather strange with her all-black fashion. Luckily she has that brown hair or she’ll definitely look like a gothic-girl. The wind again and blew them off. The girl’s hair got messed up and while she’s fixing her hair, she looked at the guy with white roses next to her. The guy quickly turned his face away, avoiding the girl’s eyes.

 

“Excuse me… are you okay? Do you need hot pack? Your face is redden, especially your nose.”

 

The girl tapped the guy’s shoulder, but he just gave her cold shoulders. However the stubborn girl started bugging and went to the other side to check on the tall guy next to her. She caught his red eyes, and finally noticed the real situation. She actually thought the guy’s nose turned red because of too cold. Realizing her hasty act, the girl was flustered and turned speechless for a few seconds. Just for a few seconds.

 

“I’m sorry. I thought— never mind. I won’t bother you.”

 

Receiving the cold counteract from the guy that kept turning his back on her, she gave up. Getting tired of standing there while waiting for the rain to stop, she then sat down on the small staircase in front of them. She kept her hair, and then started playing with her fingers to kill the boredom. However, the guy suddenly joined and sat down next to her, still emptily staring at the heavy rain. The girl paid her attention towards the guy, as if she’s waiting for him to say something. But besides saying anything, he held the bouquet of white roses with both of his hands and looked at it with his lips curled a bitter smile. He heaved out a small sigh.

 

“My mom just died about an hour ago.” He finally talked after taking a deep breath.

“Ahh… uhm… I’m sorry. My deepest condolence for you and your family.”

“She’s the only family I got, and now she’s gone.”

“I….”

“It’s okay. Here, take these white roses. I bought it for my mom before coming, but I didn’t manage to give to her. I need to go.” The guy handed the white roses before standing up and made his way into the rain.

“Wait! What’s your name?” The girl shouted, asking his name.

“Oh Sehun. And yours?”

“Park Jiyeon. Thanks for the roses.”

 

The guy only replied with a single nod before walking into the rain, leaving the hospital building. The girl is still sitting there, gently staring at the blooming pretty white roses. A few minutes later, she stood up and headed back into the hospital building while smiling weakly. Behind the smile, there hides a thousand pains.

 

---

 

“Please sir… where are you taking him? Dad please don’t go!”

“I’ll be okay my dear. Take care of yourself and your mother too.”

“No! No don’t take him away! I beg you! Dad! Mom, where are they taking him? Why?!”

“I don’t know too… I’m sorry…”

A girl is seen kneeling down on the ground, bursting into a hard sob. An older woman kneeled down next to her, trying to calm down the crying girl even though she herself was crying. Not far from them, two uniformed men were seen dragging a man that was severely beaten, helpless. Jiyeon is standing there, not far from the girl and her mother. Her body was slightly trembling, as she noticed how the girl’s face is oddly similar to herself. The others however, were faceless. She could only see the girl’s face, as always.

 

“Jiyeon, you can go in now. They doctor is waiting.” Someone suddenly talked, snapping Jiyeon out of her thoughts.

“Ah unnie. Thanks. I’ll go in now.” She answered upon seeing a sweet-looking nurse is smiling at her.

Jiyeon walked into a room where a male doctor in his 40s is waiting, “Good evening Jiyeon, have a seat.” He smiled. He’s observing something on a small board in front of him, where Jiyeon’s hospital record is displayed, “So, how are you feeling nowadays? Did the dream come back?”

“N-no.” Jiyeon stuttered.

“Jiyeon, you know I just want the best for you. I won’t stop until you’re fully recovered. Looking at your expression, I guess you’re lying right? You should never give up. There are people out there cared for you.”

“If you’re talking about my family, you’re wrong because they don’t care about me. They thought I’m crazy. I didn’t see them for months already.” Jiyeon muttered.

“In your case, you need someone by your side. You need support. The prescriptions we provide for you are not enough to cure your disorder. You tend to think about the disease and the dreams all the time, that’s why it keeps coming back.” The doctor explained.

“What can I do? I live alone. I don’t have anything to do. I can’t even work. My times are spent thinking about why I was in the dream.”

“You’re close to depression, and I can’t let that happen. You need psychotherapy. I’ll call your family.”

“No! It’s useless. I promise you I’ll take care of myself. I won’t fall into depression. I can face this alone.”

“I’ll only trust you this once Jiyeon. Next time, I’m gonna talk to them. Now, take the medication supplies at the pharmacy. I’ll see you again in a month.”

“Thanks doctor.”

 

---

 

Jiyeon entered the apartment she’s living in when it’s almost dusk. Without even bothering to switch on the light, Jiyeon walked in and weakly sat on the couch. Her hands are holding the bouquet of white roses the guy gave her. She has never been fond of flowers. They’re too beautiful for her. The blooming flowers seemed so lively and bright, which her life is opposite of that. Her life is full of the inexplicable dark sorrows that she can never escape. However, there’s an exception for the white roses in her grip. They’re filled with pains and despairs.

It was last spring, approximately one year ago when she last lived a normal life. It was a bright spring day, so her family planned a picnic at the park. On their way, Jiyeon saw two policemen were arresting a young man, probably a snatcher because he’s holding a woman’s handbag. Upon seeing the scene, she started crying unknowingly. A blurred vision appeared in her mind, causing her to scream like crazy. Her head massively pained making her collapsed. After further check-up for a few days, the doctor diagnosed her with a disorder called depersonalization- where ones feel like he/she is living in a dream. Her family thought she’s crazy so they discrete themselves from her.

It has been a year, and she gets used to it even though sometimes when the dream appeared, she lost control to her own body. Jiyeon stood up and switched on a wall light as it’s already night time. The dim wall light isn’t that helping at all, but Jiyeon managed to find her way to the kitchen and she came out bringing a small vase half-filled with water. She carefully placed the roses into the vase, staring at the purely white petals. Her eyes unknowingly formed tears, and they slowly dropped down her cheeks. Jiyeon collapsed to the floor, touching her chest where she felt how the heart is crying in pain, portraying her sorrows.

 

“It feels so lonely… if I know life is this hard beforehand, I’d choose to never be born.”

 

 

-------------------------------------------------------

 

 

            A tall guy is slowly crossing the road, doesn’t even care when the others are running as the light is almost red. His eyes are fixed to the ground as he walked, filled with despair. His every step is heavy. His face is a bit pale, seemingly weak. He finally halted once he arrived in front of a café. He walked into the café and ordered a coffee with three shots of espresso, so that it’ll match his bitter life. Carrying the coffee, he took a seat facing the glass wall where he can see the view outside. His eyes caught the florist across the road, where he used to buy various types of flowers for his mother every day. But now he has no reason to go there anymore. His chest became stuffy once the thought about his mother come into mind.

He in a heavy breath to fill his empty heart. Just when he’s about to look away from the florist, he caught a glimpse of someone exiting the shop holding a small flower bouquet. He observed the dark colored apparels she’s wearing. Black leggings and dark grey coat. Her hair is left down just a few inches below her shoulders. He knew he’d seen this girl somewhere before, but he can’t think of a reason why he’s attracted to her. His eyes followed the girl as she walked across the road, approaching the café.

 

“Will she come here?” He asked himself.

 

He stood up from the chair once he saw the girl slowly pushed the door open. His eyes are still fixed on her, and he didn’t even blink. Noticing someone is watching, the girl turned, and their eyes caught each other’s.

 

“Park Jiyeon.”

 

Sehun himself is surprised when he unknowingly blurted out the name, and now he remembered her whom he met last week. Jiyeon curiously approached and looks like she just realized who’s the guy. Her lips curled a light smile as she stopped in front of him.

 

“Oh Sehun?” She questioned even though the answer is quite obvious.

“Yes. You live around here too?”

“Not really. There’s no florist at my place, and I found this place in the net so I came here.”

“So you love flowers too?”

“No. I’m just curious.”

“And why is that?”

“Since the day you gave me the white roses, I realized how beautiful and pure they looked, but they seem dead. I’ve always thought flowers portrayed the livings, so it got me curious.”

“So you bought three different flowers with different colors? Tulip, red rose, and violet. But for me, doesn’t matter what type of flower, they have many meanings. Passion, youth, beauty, and even pleasure. We choose which meaning we want it to portray.”

“What about you? Which one do you choose?”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter