Maze

Ties That Bind

CHAPTER 2

You finally climbed up the second floor completely out of breath and put your luggage down for a bit.

“So heavy! What did I put in here anyway?”  

After a few seconds of rest, you grabbed your bags and started dragging them up the narrow hall and into what was now your room. As you set foot inside the room, your grip on your bags loosened causing them to fall to the ground with a ‘thud’.

“AHHHH! EOMMAHHHH!” You screamed out loud and launched yourself to the bed. Within a few seconds you heard stomps on the staircase and your mom burst inside the room.

“~~~, what’s wrong?” She asked sounding a bit alarmed.

“Eomma!” You pointed a shaking finger to the drawer.

Your mom’s gaze turned to the direction you were pointing and slowly walked forward bending down to look under it. Immediately a huge rat came running from under it and you let out a piercing scream.

“~~~! Calm down!” She grabbed an old piece of cloth from the floor and caught the rat. Hurriedly, she headed downstairs. You clutched to the left side of your chest and felt your heart pounding.

“Omo! What if there are more of them?”

You jumped out of the bed and ran out the room, your feet banging against the stairs. Just as you stepped foot in the last stair the door bell rang. *That’s odd.* You walked over and opened it.

“Ajusshi!” You screamed as your butler bowed to you, and you slightly bowed back.

“I thought you were going to arrive tomorrow? And where are the others?” You asked peeking over his shoulder to look outside. About ten maids came walking towards the front door carrying their luggage.

“Well miss, there was a slight change in plans. The maids will be here shortly.”

“Arasseo.”

Just then the maids arrived on the doorstep and you moved aside to let them in.

“Annyonghaseyo.” They greeted as they passed by.

“Annyong.”

Your mom came walking out of a room, free of the disgusting creature, and directed to your butler, Mr. Kim. “Ah! Good you’re here. Would you mind helping me tidy up the house? ”

“Yes madam.”He bowed and signaled to the maids who quickly got to work.

Not wanting to encounter another one of those filthy animals, you decided to explore the nature that surrounded the mansion.

“Eomma, I’m going to check out the backyard.”   

“Arasseo, be here before dinner though.”

“Ne.”

You walked out the door and headed to the back of the mansion. As you turned the corner you saw tall black gates, and behind them was a beautiful green hedge maze.

“OMO~.” A smile lit up your face at the scenery as you walked towards the gates.

As soon as you opened the door and crossed over to the other side, the atmosphere changed. The beautiful green had been replaced with gray brick walls covered in dried vines. There was metallic clatter as the gates shut close behind you. *HUH? What the?* You leaped and spud around, your arms reached out for the gate and shook it. To your dismay, they didn’t budge. *Ottoke!?!?* Panic rapidly swept over you. Suddenly you heard soft sobs. *Ehh?* You turned around and right in front of you was a little boy around five years old. He had dark brown hair and pale skin, we wore all black clothing. Gate forgotten, you bend down next to him.

“Annyong, are you lost?” *What is he doing here? The mansion is at least two miles away from the nearest town.*

He looked up at you with teary eyes and scrambled to his feet. Without a word he ran away into the maze. Bewildered you ran after him. The sun began to set and within a few seconds it was dark. The only light visible was that of the moon. His sobs slowly drowned into laughter.

“Catch me if you can noona!”

*Huh?!*

Without realizing it, you were now in the entrance of the middle of the maze. At the very center there was a small brick room. The boy stopped right in front of it and turned to face you. His eyes slowly turned red as he tilted his head ever so slightly, his lips curving upwards into a smile. Your head ached, an agonizing pain, tears formed on the rim of your yes and your hands shot to your head, clutching at it. You turned to the boy, but he was no longer small, he looked much older now, in his late teens. His eyes, his stare, more intense than before, penetrating your soul. The last thing you saw was his smirk, then the darkness consumed you as you drifted into unconsciousness.  


 


 

Chapter 2 is done! Can you guess who the "little boy" was?!

Hope you're enjoying the story so far. (:

Check out the 'trailer' if you haven't already done so. 

- I'm sorry if there are any mistakes. I'ts almost 1 AM, so yeah. ;___; -