Unpredictable

That Missing Piece Of My Heart

Lucy's p.o.v

I sat next to Lisanna at the tables.

"Hi" she said and smiled

"Welcome back Lisanna! I'm Lucy, I've heard some things about you!"

"Oh yeah? What kind of things?" she asked

"That you were an awesome friend of Natsu and how you two raised happy together like he was your baby. That was an adorable story."

She smiled weakly.

"Everything was better back then before I dissapeared. Now, everything is so different." she said

I was a bit confused of what she was meant and before I had the chance to ask Natsu barged in our conversation and yelled at me.

"Lucy, lets go on a job!!"

"Um.. Aright."

I looked at Lisanna. "Well you know the drill! Talk to you later!"

She smiled at me and waved. I walked with Natsu outside the guild hall. I also noticed Happy wasn't there.

"So what job are we going on? Also, where's Happy?" I started to question

Natsu didn't reply and I noticed he wasn't beside me. I looked behind me to see him standing in one spot glaring at me with angry eyes.

"Natsu?" I said.

"Don't hang around Lisanna." he demanded.

"Why?"

Natsu looked up at the sky with his hands behind his head and stayed quiet. I waited for an answer...no response.

What's up with him? Whatever it is, it's bothering the crap out of him. It's probably better for me not to ask what's wrong.

I saw Erza in the distance and she spotted us. Without thinking, I grabbed Natsu's arm and walked away with him from the guild hall.

"Wha--? Hey!" Natsu blurted.

I kept walking without hesitation.

Natsu's p.o.v

I had no idea what was going on since Lucy dragged me away. I can't answer her question because if I do, it would get awkward. By the time I knew it, we were inside Lucy's apartment. She let go of my arm and I stood there.

"Can you tell me why?" she asked.

I ignored that question and changed the subject.

"I'm starving."

"NATSU!"

She startled me when she yelled.

"Why don't you want me to get to know Lisanna? Everyone gets to chat with her and I can't? That doesn't even make any sense. So just tell me the reason why and we can get this over with!"

The pressure! I can't tell her that I like her and that if she hangs with Lisanna, I will like Lisanna again! I don't know what to do!

"It's because you're way too nosy." I lied.

Lucy was about to say something till my stomach saved the moment by growling really loud.

"I know belly, you're hungry but Lucy won't let me go and eat." I sarcastically said to my belly.

When I looked up at Lucy, she had a very annoyed expression on her face.

"What was the job about anyways?" she asked ignoring the other topic.

"Actually, it was an eating contest at a diner and if we get first place, we win 500,000j!" I enthused.

"We?" I frowned.

I ran out her apartment. "Comon!!"

"What did I get myself into?" Lucy complained.

Meanwhile...
Lisanna's p.o.v

"Erza." I called.

"Yes?" she replied.

"Um... Are Natsu and Lucy together?" I managed to ask.

"No, not that I'm aware of. How come?"

"I still, kinda, have feelings for Natsu and it just seems like they are really close."

Erza gave me and heart warming smile. "it's alright. I wouldn't worry about it though." she said.

I nodded and carried out with my day.

Later...
Lucy's p.o.v

"I don't think this was a job for me." I complained.

"I'm stuffed!! At least we got 2nd place."

"100,000j isn't enough to pay my rent!"

"I wish Happy was here. Then him and I can go to Gildarts' place and fight him."

I sighed."Is that really the best time?" I asked.

Just then, it started pouring and we both got soaked.

"Aw man!" I whined.

"Lucy, lets go to your place." Natsu suggested.

"Why mine?!"

We ended up in my apartment anyways.
I quickly went to the bathroom and changed my clothes so I wouldn't get sick. I also put a towel around my hair so it can be dried.

"Natsu. If you want, I can put your clothes right in the dryer so it won't get you sick." I offered while walking out the bathroom.

I was surprised to see Natsu sitting on the floor next to my bed, taking his scarf off, and twisting the water out. He looked up at me with an expression like 'well what are you waiting for'.

"Put that in the dryer for you?" I asked.

"Yeah." he replied, this time with a determined look.

I walked to him and took an end of his scarf waiting for the other end to be released.

"Let go so I can---" I said just before Natsu pulled his end of his scarf closer to him and dragged me down to his face. I realized that my lips were on his and he was staring in my eyes very intensely. I quickly crawled away from Natsu and sat at that spot. He looked away and my face was turning more red by each second.

"I didn't really need my scarf to be washed.. That was just a set up." Natsu admitted.

Then there was a long awkward silence that came over the room.

Oh my goodness. What in the world just happened?! He said it was just a set up! A set up for us to kiss?! Whaaat?!?!?!

"Natsu.. Is there something you want to tell me?" I asked.

Natsu didn't look at me and answered, "Um.. I like you alot, Lucy."

His face got so red and he looked down automatically after he said that.
I thought it was kinda cute the way he said it and I giggled a little.

"You're so unpredictable." I said.

Natsu stood up and put his scarf on.

"I'm going to the guild hall. It's getting late." he said and started walking towards the door.

"It's still raining outside." I commented.

Natsu looked at me with a grin then left.

Natsu's p.o.v

I was on my way to the guild hall under the rain and saw ice mage (Gray) walking in the distance. They gradually came closer to the point that we were able to hear each other under the rain.

"Salamander." Gray called out.

"Yo." I waved.

"Where have you been the whole day? It's  about 8 'o clock." Gray asked.

"Out on a job..." I trailed off.

"Without Happy?" he asked.

"I went with Lucy."

Gray smirked and tried really hard not to laugh.

"You and Lucy? Oh cut me a break!" he teased.

I replied with anger.

"Oh yea?! Well when are you going to marry Juvia?!"

"Never in my life! What's your problem?!" Gray yelled and punch me in the face.

"What is your problem?!" I yelled back and punch him in the face.

The rest of the night was just alot of arguments.