Dependence (pre-introduction of characters)

Same Bed, Different Dreams

Baekhyun and Chanyeol were bestfriends who grew up side by side through the years,their families werent exactly rich, nor poor.just about average.they grew up in the same neighborhood and have attended the same school throughout college.they decided to be independent and do things their own way during college,working in night shifts to simultaneously pay for their school fees,apartment bills and to fill their own stomachs.there are times things get too rough for one of them that they were used to be each other's pillars of strengths. But aside from the similarity of Background, there was something that makes them very very different from each other.

 

Chanyeol is gay.Baekhyun wasn't.

 

Baekhyun knew about his friend's real gender preference but he never knew about the other's pent up feelings for him.  

 

On good days or plainly everyday, Baekhyun would even and ask him"So, Chan..you never told me about your lovelife..dont you think its about time you do?like come on,it would be unfair for me since i even tell you mine without you even asking for it.and besides,were bestfriends.you can confide in me!"(and by ask it means Baekhyun nagging him all day to tell him)

but his answer,no matter what day,mood or season was trained to be a half meant "nope." and a forced serene smile.

it was pure hell whenever the smaller asks him that but he gets through,since he knew Baekhyun's determination fades quickly within a few minutes.so he just accepts the fact he lost again to Chanyeol's generic answer with an "ok.if you say so.".

 

                                                                                                Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇Δ∇

 

Chanyeol never really knew when,where or what made him realize his feelings for his friend..it just sorta came.love was a feeling afterall.and having those feelings deep down way before and realizing them were two different things that doesnt really need dates or explanations.he just do. Just like how his gaze automatically flies to him whenever the other is lost in the sea of crowd surrounding him during lunch break,meeting him on the front of the school when class ends so they could go home together.

Or maybe he has just been so accustomed to the sight and appearance of Byun Baekhyun,having him as classmates for like 15 years.all the way from preparatory to 3rd year college.

But its not only that,he knows it himself.

he feels a rush of warmth,happiness, excitement and giddiness with even only the sight of the boy,he doesnt mind how far he is situated; just seeing him already lightens up the taller's day,even more so with that ever contagious smile and laugh.

He remembers smiling and laughing through his parent's divorce just because Baekhyun says lame jokes he has read on newspapers then laughs really hard at his own joke like its the funniest thing ever in attempt to ease the depression Chanyeol was sinking into.which went as a routine every morning before they go to school eversince they became friends.but this time they both laugh together;no matter how lame or used up the joke was.

For Chanyeol,Baekhyun was his strength,he wouldnt have been here studying,living life and feeling this kind of emotion for the said guy if it werent for his lame jokes saving him from attempting suicide in the first place.

Baekhyun means the world to him.

Baekhyun is his world.He cannot live nor function without him.no,he never thinks he can.