one

Effort

A girl with an age about twenty-two runs through the big hall of Mathi's Elysees Hotel in Paris. She carefully hides behind a big wall, before she pulls a gun from her pouch and shoots three guards that have been running after her.

 
"Gosh! Did you really have to do that, Seulgi!?"
 
The girl; named Kang Seulgi, brings her index finger to her ear to adjust a micro-earbud in her ears. 
 
"You heard what Wendy said, right? No blood stain on that white dress! It's her favourite dress!"
 
Seulgi just giggles when the girl behind her ear keeps nagging on her.
 
"What are you laughing at? Hurry up and find Kingsley!"
 
She stops giggling, "aww, Joohyun...How can I concentrate on the mission if you keep talking with that beautiful voice of yours?"
 
Joohyun doesn't answer, her cheeks turns into pink as she swallows Seulgi's words like a huge cupcake, and stucks in her throath that she can't speak. She cleans her throath for a second before says,
 
"Just kick that Kingsley's and get back here immediately."
 
Seulgi uses the clip of her hair to open a locked giant door in front of her. A smile plasters on her face.
 
"You miss me that much?"
 
" off."
 
Seulgi chuckles and nonchalantly walks in to the room she just opened. She quickly raises her gun.
 
"Ah," the old man in front of her turns his back to face Seulgi. "Another clown from CIA."
 
Seulgi tightens her grip on her gun, "just give it up already, Kingsley. Give us that serum already."
 
"Should I just kill him?" Seulgi quitely asks to Joohyun.
 
"No! You can't, Idiot! We need him!"
 
Seulgi's eyes are following a crow that suddenly lands on Kingsley's shoulder.
 
"Just quit your job, Miss. I have a better position for you in my—"
 
Kingsley's words stops when suddenly Seulgi sneezes and a bullet straightly hits his head.
 
"Geez! Seulgi! Why did you do that?!"
 
"I'm sorry! I lost control, okay? You know that I have an allergic to bird, right? And this huge freaking crow just landed on his shoulder like what!" Seulgi replies as she brings her palm to her forehead.
 
"You just sneezed and killed a person at the same time..." Joohyun mentally slaps Seulgi. "I put your medicine inside your pouch!" Joohyun finally speaks after ten seconds. She speaks out her words as if she wants to bang her head to the table in front of her—she really wants to.
 
Seulgi blinks a few times before she checks on her pouch and finds a pack of her allergic pills. She does nothing except letting out a very dumb giggle.
 
"Oh thank God I love you." Joohyun mumbles.
 
"What?"
 
"Nothing," Joohyun sighs. "By the way there are five guards standing behind you by now."
 
Seulgi gasps and quickly turns her back to a five guards Joohyun has been told her.
 
"Why did you just tell me?" Seulgi whines as she gives those guards some hits and kicks.
 
"Because, I hate you." Joohyun nonchalantly says, "now get out from there and turn left, when you make a turn to the right, there are two gueard there. Prepare."
 
Seulgi runs as Joohyun told her. 
 
"Woops, plan changed. There are a bunch of big guys behind you. So...Run faster, idiot!"
 
"," Seulgi curses and takes her heels off. "I hate heels!"
 
"Well, that's your problem, Miss. Because, I'm just a 87 kgs girl that sits behind these computer to safe your life." Joohyun says.
 
"Wait, 87 kgs? As I remember, your weight is 84 kgs last week." 
 
"I ate too much cupcake on last weekends," Irene giggles. "Just straightly run and you will find a dock! Quick!" Joohyun yells as she tries to divert the topic.
 
When Seulgi arrives at the dock, Irene tells her to jump to the third boat. Seulgi has a hard time because the guards are still shooting at her. But, Joohyun hacks the boat in front of Seulgi and suddenly that boat explodes.
 
"You just blew someone's boat!"
 
"Yeah, and you just stole someone's boat. So, you are welcome. Congratulation." Joohyun sarcastically says.
 
---
 
The director of CIA sighs after she sees a record of Seulgi on her latest mission. She grabs the remote and pauses the video.
 
"Agent Kang," she sighs one more time. "You are not suppose to kill Kingsley."
 
"I can't help, I am allergic to bird, Miss." Seulgi says as she keeps her head low.
 
"Thanks to, Miss Bae, that you can be here by today." She messages her temple. "You may go now."
 
Seulgi nods as she leaves the room. She smiles when she sees Joohyun is waiting for her in front of the room.
 
Bae Joohyun is Seulgi's bestfriend since they were kids. She has a big figure, and her hobbies are eating and sleeping. When Seulgi said that she wants to work as a CIA, Irene follows her to USA. She is really great at technology amd stuffs. So, instead of being an agent, they gave Irene a position as the person behind the agents. And luckily, the agent she should take care of is Kang Seulgi herself.
 
"Did she fire you?" Joohyun asks, arms cross in front of her chest.
 
"Of course no." Seulgi confidently says.
 
"Oh God, why?" Joohyun groans.
 
"Hey, don't be like that." Seulgi puts her hand on Irene's back. "I will treat you ice cream."
 
"Really?"
 
Seulgi nods, "let's go!"
 
On their way to the ice cream parlour, there are a lot of people who are looking at them. It makes Joohyun feels uncomfortable, but then, she thinks about it, she concludes it's not weird at all.
 
"It must be weird, seeing a very beautiful creature like Seulgi, walking beside me. Hand in hand." she thinks. She glances at Seulgi who is ordering the ice cream. 
 
"Do you want to eat here or?" Seulgi suddenly says, makes Joohyun jumps a bit.
 
Irene looks around, "let's just walk." She says.
 
They walk out from the ice cream parlour. But, suddenly, Seulgi falls down to the ground and it startles Joohyun. 
 
Blood all over her chest, her breathe is going fast as she tries to catch up a lot of oxygen that start to dissapear inside her lungs. That is when Irene realises, someone shoots Seulgi. She immidiately calls the team and ambulance to evacuate the situation. Seulgi is barely breathing. She is dying. And Joohyun knows that. Tears fall down from her eyes, she keeps holding Joohyun hand, inside the ambulance. 
 
"Please," Joohyun sobs. "Don't die."