Chapter IV

Tough Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A few days later, Gayoon goes to work at the coffee shop as usual. She was cleaning halfway and saw her mum spacing out, having nothing to do. She decided to utilise this chance to talk to her about being together with Jiyoon.

 

“Mum.” Gayoon tapped on Mrs Heo’s shoulder.

 

“Ya! You startled me, what?!” Mrs Heo answered her.

 

“Can I… bring Jiyoon back home for a meal today?” Gayoon asks carefully.

 

“For what? Do you think she’ll come to this shop house for dinner?! She’s a rich girl, remember that Gayoon.” Mrs Heo said.

 

“No! Mum… Jiyoon is not these type of girl.. If you ask her, she’ll definitely come!” Gayoon said, and she is very sure of it. Jiyoon is a sweet girl.

 

Mrs Heo look at her daughter and saw her pleading eyes. Mrs Heo decided to give Jiyoon another chance to prove her love for Gayoon.

 

“Whatever.” Mrs Heo rolled her eyes.

 

“Is it a yes, mum?!” Gayoon started jumping up and down. It’s a rare thing since Gayoon doesn’t express herself normally, yet Jiyoon managed to let Gayoon show this side of her in the public.

 

“I love you mum!” Gayoon hugged Mrs Heo tightly and didn’t want to let go.

 

“Woah! What’s happening? Did I miss out anything?!” Sohyun skipped to Gayoon’s side, the older girl immediately went back to the stall and gave Sohyun a glare.

 

“Mum… It’s all your fault! Now unnie won’t even talk to me…” Sohyun pouted. She talks to Gayoon everyday and fool around with her everyday but now Gayoon is so cold to her.

 

“Ya ya ya… I didn’t force you to take the money did I?” Mrs Heo glared at Sohyun but laughed afterwards.

 

“Still! It’s your fault! You’ve shouldn’t have tempted me!” Sohyun wanted to stomp off to Gayoon’s side to annoy her but Mrs Heo stopped her.

 

“What?!” Sohyun folded her arms and showed her death glare.

 

“Tell me what kind of a person Jiyoon is.” Mrs Heo used a demanding tone and Sohyun didn’t dare to defy her.

 

“Jiyoon unnie is not only rich, she is the heiress of her family’s business! Nice eh? Mum, when unnie gets married to Jiyoon unnie, can I move in to Jiyoon unnie’s house with unnie? I heard her house is very big!” Sohyun’s were sparkling and Mrs Heo knocked on her head.

 

“Is money the only thing in your mind?! I didn’t tell you to tell me how rich she is, I want you to tell me her personality you bimbo.” Mrs Heo knocked on Sohyun’s head again.

 

“Jiyoon unnie is a very kind girl, like what unnie always say. She is humble and she treats everyone equally!” Sohyun said.

 

“Gayoonie!” An aegyo-ish voice was being heard in the coffee shop and Gayoon could recognize it, of course. She looks up and saw her girlfriend running towards her.

 

“Jiyoonie!” Gayoon hugged Jiyoon tightly.

 

“This is for your family! And… This is for you!” Jiyoon handed a box of cupcakes and another one specially for Gayoon.

 

“Anyeonghaseyo.” Jiyoon greeted Mrs Heo.

 

“Hi.” Only came out of Mrs Heo’s mouth. She is still not ready to accept Jiyoon.

 

“Why are you here? Dinner is at 6PM.” Gayoon looks at her watch and it says 12PM.

 

“I came here to work.” Jiyoon found a table next to Gayoon’s stall and took out her laptop.

 

“You’re going to work with only this small, thin board-like thing?” Gayoon was describing Jiyoon’s laptop.

 

“You’re such a cutie! Yes, with this laptop, I can even connect with my partner in America.” Jiyoon showed a proud smile.

 

“Woah… This is really cool then…” Gayoon was amazed by how cool the laptop is.

 

Jiyoon started on her work and Gayoon also continued working. Gayoon would occasionally look at Jiyoon and found her so attractive when she’s concentrated on doing something.

 

‘She is so attractive and beautiful like this… I’m so glad you’re my girlfriend.’

 

Gayoon’s thoughts are interrupted when someone wipes her chin with a tissue paper. She turned and found her best friend laughing at her.

 

“What’s are you doing Kim Hyuna?!” Gayoon touched her chin.

 

“Nothing, just wiping your drool.” Hyuna mocked and imitated how Gayoon was staring at Jiyoon just now.

 

“JeonPabo!” Another loud voice was being heard. It’s Heo’s family little devil, Sohyun.

 

“Hey buddy!” Jiyoon immediately stopped working and did a fist bump with Sohyun.

 

“Omo, I’m sorry! I should call you Jiyoon unnie from now. Hyuna unnie! You too! Call her Jiyoon.” Sohyun teased Jiyoon.

 

“YA! She IS JeonPabo! So why must you change and address her properly now?!” Gayoon got angry suddenly and shouted at Sohyun.

 

“Gayoonie, don’t be angry. What’s wrong?” Jiyoon side hugged her angry girlfriend.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter