Chapter III

Tough Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next day, Gayoon took a day off because she had to meet Mrs Jeon. Gayoon told her mum that she is hanging out with her friend from overseas today so she wants a day off. Mrs Heo agreed since this is the first time ever Gayoon wants to rest for a day so Mrs Heo let her be.

 

Gayoon was relieved that Mrs Heo did not suspect a single thing about her meeting Jiyoon’s mum, if not she’ll be so dead. Gayoon wore simple basic black oversized t-shirt with a high waist jeans. Though it’s simple, she looks fabulous in that outfit.

 

Gayoon arrives at the hotel Mrs Jeon tells her to go to. It is yet another grand hotel with amazing designs. The waiter served Gayoon to a table where a black haired girl is at. Gayoon is confused, she is sure that Mrs Jeon only asked her to meet, not anyone else.

 

“Excuse me.” Gayoon taps on the girl’s shoulder.

 

The girl turns around, Gayoon got a shock out of her life. She cups her own cheeks, didn’t know if it was a dream.

 

“Gayoon, you look extremely pretty like this.” The girl said and held Gayoon’s shoulders.

 

“Jiyoon…? When did you come back?” Gayoon asked.

 

“I came here the moment I touch down from America. My mum told me she’s meeting you here today and she planned this for us.” Jiyoon smiled.

 

“I’m sorry, I have something else to do. Excuse me.” Gayoon pushed Jiyoon’s hands away and wanted to go.

 

“Gayoon, you are not going anywhere. I said before I won’t ever let go of you, and I mean it. Stop avoiding me.” Jiyoon pulled Gayoon back and hugged her tightly so that she won’t leave her.

 

“Couple should hold hands…” Jiyoon said and eyed Gayoon. The latter didn’t respond to what Jiyoon said she took it as a yes. Jiyoon intertwined her fingers with Gayoon’s.

 

“Jeon Jiyoon! I didn’t say you can hold my hand!” Gayoon flinched.

 

“Ya… Gayoonieee~” Jiyoon showed her aegyo that she hasn’t showed anyone for the past one year.

 

“Stop being so gross.” Gayoon pushed Jiyoon’s forehead and Jiyoon frowned. Gayoon used to like her aegyo a lot.

 

“Gayoon, let me make it up to you.” Jiyoon turned serious all of a sudden.

 

Gayoon sighed, she doesn’t know what to say. She looked into Jiyoon’s eyes, in her eyes, it’s full of guilt. Gayoon felt sorry, she knows it’s not Jiyoon’s fault for not contacting her for a whole year.

 

“Is my Heokkakka hungry? Should we find a place to eat?” Gayoon looks at Jiyoon with widened eyes. She is shocked that Jiyoon still remembers the nickname she gave her.

 

“Gayoon ah, even though I never contacted you for a year, our memories still stay in my heart, I didn’t forget you, I didn’t forget us.” Jiyoon pat on Gayoon’s head. Gayoon only smiled.

 

 

Jiyoon’s POV

 

 

I felt so sorry for this angel right beside me, she used to be so energetic, she used to love hanging out with me, she used to look forward to hanging out with me. She used to be so cheerful, but I made her into how she is now. I want to make her happy so badly, I want her to know that I am still the old dorky Jiyoon. I didn’t change a bit.

 

Gayoon changed so much, that I almost feel like she’s a completely different person. I hate this Gayoon. This Gayoon seems so conservative. This Gayoon seems to be soulless. This Gayoon seems to be sad all the time. I just want to make her happy, and make the old cheerful Gayoon come back to life.

 

“Baby, what are you thinking?” I asks, because she is spacing out, again.

 

“Nothing much.” She smiled faintly.

 

“Tell me about it baby.” I kissed her hand.

 

“I just… Miss you a lot.” She said and pouted a little. This little cutie.

 

“I promise, I’m not leaving you anymore. Even if I were to go back to America, I’ll bring you along.” I promised her and this time, I am really going to fulfil my promise.

 

Gayoon just looks at me, I know, she’s not going to trust me so easily anymore after breaking her heart once. But it’s okay, I understand. Gayoon used to be an innocent cute little girl, but I made her into someone that she always had to be careful about her surrounding and about trusting people.

 

“I understand. I’ll gain your trust back.” I smiled and caressed her cheek.

 

 

End of Jiyoon’s POV

 

 

After having lunch, Jiyoon brought Gayoon to a store in Hongdae, it’s their favorite place to go to because Hongdae is full of fashionable items. Gayoon loves that place, even if she doesn’t get to buy anything, just window shopping is good enough of her.

 

After being in the store for 30 minutes, Gayoon is still browsing through the shirts and all. Jiyoon goes to the cashier and gave the lady her credit card and instructed her to use this card if she sees Gayoon wanting to pay. After that, Jiyoon went out to buy fishcakes that Gayoon likes.

 

Gayoon put back the last piece of shirt she took out and turns around. She scans through the whole store and didn’t find Jiyoon anywhere. Those salty liquids start to form in her eye, soon, they roll down her cheeks.

 

“You said you won’t leave me, you broke your promise, yet again…”

 

Gayoon hugged her knees, she didn’t care how people’s gonna judge her, she just wants to cry everything out.

 

15 minutes passed, Jiyoon finally came back to the store. She walks around the store and found Gayoon squatting down on the floor sobbing. She rushed to her girlfriend.

 

“Gayoon! Who bullied you? Are you okay?!” Jiyoon pulled Gayoon into her embrace.

 

“Jiyoon! Jiyoon! You said you won’t leave me anymore!” Gayoon hugged Jiyoon tightly, until Jiyoon almost couldn’t breath.

 

“Hey… I told you I won’t leave you again, right? I know it’s hard for you to trust me, but I’ll try my best to bring your old self back. Don’t worry, I won’t leave you and I mean it.” Jiyoon rubbed Gayoon’s back in a circular motion.

 

“Then why would you leave me alone here?! Where have you been?!” Gayoon scolded Jiyoon and then cry again. Jiyoon laughs at her cute girl.

 

“I went to buy your favorite fishcakes, so that I can feed you while you shop.” Jiyoon holds up the fishcakes she bought. A smile crept on Gayoon’s face, Jiy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter