Chapter I

Tough Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gayoon is cooking up some simple dishes for dinner for her family. She was spacing out until her mum called her, almost shouting into her ears.

“HEO GAYOON!”

“Yes, mum?!” Gayoon was startled by her mum’s shout.

“What are you thinking about? I’ve called you so many times. It’s going to be burnt.” Mrs Heo pointed at the vegetables on the frying pan.

“Omo!” Gayoon quickly stir fry it and turned off the stove.

After turning off the stove, Gayoon tastes a little of the vegetables and finds something missing from it, but couldn’t put a finger to it. She asked her mum.

“You forgot to add salt, pabo.” Mrs Heo knocked on Gayoon’s forehead.

“Ah, right…” Gayoon took the salt but added too much.

“Gayoon ah. What are you thinking about? Are you still thinking about that Jeon Jiyoon?”

Gayoon quickly deny, “No, I’m just… Worried about Hyuna.”

“I’m glad to hear that. Gayoon, it’s not that we don’t want you to be happy, but you and Jiyoon are really not compatible. She’s a princess from a rich family while you’re a girl from a normal family. I won’t approve your relationship with her, you hear me? You better forget about her.”

“Yes mum… I know. She didn’t contact me at all, we’re really over.” Gayoon reassured her mum but she held in her tears.

Gayoon’s family own a coffee shop, Gayoon helps out by selling jajjangmyun there. After knocking off, Gayoon has to go back home to cook dinner. After cooking, she has to do the laundry and do house chores. Though she’s being treated like a maid, fortunately, her family treats her very well. They still care a lot for her and give her wage every month. Her parents depend a lot on her because she’s the eldest and Gayoon volunteered to do all the house chores because her parents’ healths are not very good.

Gayoon dropped out of college because she didn’t like studying. Whenever she opens those books, she’ll fall asleep eventually. Mrs Heo had no choice but to let her drop out, since she has zero interest in studying.

[Night]

Gayoon finally bathed and went back to her shared room with her sister, Sohyun. She’s texting her best friend, Hyuna when her phone rang suddenly.

 

“Hello?”
‘Hello? May I speak to Gayoon?’
“Who are you?”
‘I am Jeon Jiyoon.’
“Sorry, you’ve called the wrong number.”

 

Gayoon hung up and is still trying to register everything into her brain. Jeon Jiyoon just called. The one that she is still in love with just called. Gayoon recalls everything back to when Jiyoon is still in Korea.

 

Flashback

 

“Gayoonie! I really like you, please give me a chance.” Jiyoon confessed while walking along the park near Heo’s coffee shop.

“Jiyoon, we are impossible. Trust me. You can find a girl that is better than me. Let’s just be friends okay?” Gayoon said but Jiyoon held her hands.

“Why? Just because my parents own almost half of the hotels in Korea and just because your family owns a coffee shop?”

“Yes.”

“Your excuse in invalid.” Jiyoon said no more and pulled Gayoon closer. She crashed her lips against Gayoon’s soft lips.

Gayoon didn’t know what to do but to stay still. Jiyoon thought Gayoon would give in to the kiss but she didn’t. Jiyoon pulled out and looked at the girl in front of her. She hugged her tightly.

“I will never find another girl like you, Gayoon. You are amazing. You are beautiful. You are gorgeous. You are perfect. Now tell me, which girl out in this world would be like you? Instead of completing your studies and find a job of your dream, you dropped out and helps out at your family’s coffee shop? You cook, you run the stall, you do the laundry, you work 365 days a year with no holidays. Even during Christmas, you’re still working. You don’t shop, you don’t put on makeup, you don’t spend money, you save all the money from your wages every month. Now tell me, which girl does the same as you?” Gayoon hugged back and Jiyoon finally bursts into tears.

“I really like you Jiyoon, I really do. I fell so hard for you even though I know I shouldn’t be. Even if we are both madly in love with each other, we can’t be together, Jiyoon. We have to accept the fact that we are both from two different worlds. Jiyoon, do you understand? We are impossible.” Gayoon said the opposite words from what her heart is saying.

“No, I don’t understand. I don’t want to accept the fact because I believe, humans are all equal. If we die, the sizes of our coffins are the same, even though I am richer than you. I don’t see any differences.” Jiyoon broke the hug and looked at Gayoon dearly, “I am going back to America, wait for me, I will come back and ask you to be my girlfriend. Give me a year. I promise.”

Gayoon didn’t say anything, but deep down her heart, she trusts Jiyoon that she’ll come back and be together with her.

“I will convince my parents to accept you. Gayoon, do your part too okay? I will contact you every day.” Jiyoon planted a kiss on Gayoon’s forehead. Gayoon wiped her tears and went back home without saying a word to Jiyoon.

Jeon Jiyoon is a princess from a rich family. Her family moved

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter