Chapter 3

He's gone.

Chaemi slowly approached Mrs. Byun. She stands next to her. Chaemi can se a pale face of Baekhyun. Baekhyun's hand was wrapped in a white cloth to cover the wound. According to the doctors,  hit head hit the ground after the car hit him.

Chaemi sat on the chair beside the bed. She held Baekhyun's hand softly. Chaemi wished Baekhyun will wake up soon and say he's fine and will recover soon. But no.. it wont happen.. for now.. though Chaemi.

Mrs. Byun and Mrs. Kim left the room to go to buy drinks at the hospital's cafe as they have a dry throat. Chaemi left alone in the room with Baekhyun who was sleep soundly after the surgery. Chemical keep praying, wishing first Baekhyun to wake up sooner than expected. 

She watched Baekhyun with a mixed feelings. She felt happy because surgery was done but she's worried because doctors said he might not wake up. Door opened. There was a guy who was sweaty dashed into the room. "Chaemi! Is he okay??"

Chaemi turned her head. That guy was her brother, Kim Junmyeon. She ran into her brother and hugged him tightly. "Jun.. d-doctor said... He's critical.. He might won't open his eyes.." Chemical bursts in tears in Jun's chest.

Jun lost in words. He didn't know what he has to say to her sister. He didn't know what he has to do. He heard the news from mother that Baekhyun involved in the accident. He rushed to the hospital from his friend's house. He patted Chaemi's head gently.

Chaemi visits Baekhyun almost everyday. She never skip even a day. When she come in the evening, she will go home on midnight. But after being force by her brother, Jun to go home. Chaemi walked out from the hospital slowly, lost in her thought.

That was on Saturday. Chaemi went to visit Baekhyun again with Mrs. Kim and Jun. Mrs. Kim was the one who was driving and Jun sat on the passenger seat. Chaemi sat alone at the back. The silence filled the air in the car. No one open their mouth. They only focused on the road. But suddenly Jun breaks the silence by asking some questions to Mrs. Kim about their father, Mr. Kim. But then Jun started to ask a question to Chaemi. But he didn't get the answers because Chemical was dazed off. Mrs. Kim patted Jun's arm and shake her head slowly. Jun then looked at his mother and turned his head, focusing on the road.

After a few minutes, they arrived at the hospital.  Chaemi felt this time's trip was so long. Mrs. Kim, Jun and Chaemi get out from the car as soon as they found the parking.

Baekhyun was transferred from the ICU to the normal ward. Doctor said he can now breathe by himself but his brain doesn't found yet. So Baekhyun still can't open his eyes yet.

After a nurse told them where is Baekhyun's new room is, they headed to the second floor which Baekhyun's room was located. Chaemi was the first one who entered the room. She then laid her on the chair beside the bed. Mrs. Kim and Jun were need to pick Mr. Kim who just came back from the overseas at the airport after received a call from him. So they asked Chaemi to go first.

She held Baekhyun's hand tightly. Baekhyun's face was so pale, same goes to his lips. Everything about was so perfect to her. His eyes, nose, lips... his words.. She put her face on his chest.. she closed her eyes slowly.

"I will be fine. You dont have to worry about me, Chaemi. You need a rsst Chaemi.  Don't cry anymore." said Baekhyun.

"You're the one who made me like this! You won't leave me alone me right?"

"I won't Chaemi. But you have to promise me one thing." Replied Baekhyun.

"Promise? What promise?" Asked Chaemi. She was confuse.

"That you will find a better guy than me."

"What are you talking about? Why I have to find one?" Asked Chaemi. She sat down on the bed beside Baekhyun.

"To replace me."