Let's Scare Away the Monsters (Taekook)

A Little Bit of Everything (A Drabble/One-shot Collection)

It's okay. It's okay. There's nothing to be afraid of. You will be okay. Just fall back asleep.

"Kookie? You awake?" a small, seven-year old Taehyung asked.

"Y-yes, I a-am," five-year old Jungkook said, trying to hold back tears. He couldn't cry in front of his best friend. He couldn't let Taehyung know he was afraid of the dark. He was a big boy, he shouldn't be afraid of the dark.

"Are you scared?" Taehyung asked, moving over to look down at his friend on a futon on the floor. He saw Jungkook sitting  up with his arms wrapped tight around his knees, blanket draped over his shoulders. He was shaking too.

"N-no, I'm not scared. I'm just not tired," replied Jungkook, though even a seven-year old could tell he was lying. Good thing Taehyung turned seven last week.

Taehyung climbed down from his bed and sat down next to his shaking friend.

"It's fine if you're scared, I am a little too, but I have a way to scare away all the monsters in the dark," Taehyung said, grin so wide, you could even see it in the dark.

"What?" Jungkook asked, tears still in the corners of his eyes.

"You sing!" Taehyung yelled, but quickly got quiet, remembering it was the middle of the night. He didn't want to get his TV privileges to get taken away. He can't miss another episode of Pororo. "You sing!" Taehyung said again, significantly quieter.

Jungkook wiped the tears out of the corner of his eyes as he gave his friend a confused look.

"How will that help?" Jungkook asked.

"Well since monsters are mean they don't like nice things like singing, so they run away when they hear it." Taehyung was extremely confidant in his theory of monsters being afraid of singing, so he went ahead and started singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star'.

Jungkook's first thought was to cover his ears, since Taehyung's singing was terribly out of tune and cringe worthy, but decided against it since Taehyung was his best friend and he didn't want to upset Taehyung.

"Come on, you sing too!" Taehyung said excitedly to Jungkook.

Jungkook smiled, tears and fear forgotten and began to sing along with Taehyung.

It wasn't long until both boys were curled up together on the futon, arms around each other and legs tangled, snoring away.

The next morning the boys were woken up by Taehyung's mother screaming at his father to get the camera.

 

Some cute little Taekook fluff. These two are so cute omfg. I have no words. Until the next story, EveryoneTaehyung's mom is me tbh