Insanity (Leobin)

A Little Bit of Everything (A Drabble/One-shot Collection)

It was cold. Colder than he remembered.

He heard footsteps. Light ones. A woman's perhaps.

"My, my, are you going to be waking up anytime soon?"

He struggled to open his eyes. It was like there were heavy weight on his eyelids. When he was finally able to open his eyes slightly, a bright light blinded him. He moved his arm to block the light but when he did, a sudden jolt of pain went up his arm. 

He turned to look at his arm and nearly screamed at what he saw. There were dozens of skinny silver rings threaded through his skin. All attached to black wires that came from the ceiling.

It was then he felt the pain. He screamed. He felt all the rings pulling at his skin.

"Oh, wonderful, you finally acknowledged my present. Do you like it?"

He was in so much pain, he had forgotten there was a person watching him. He screamed until they died to whimpers.

"I'll take that as a yes," the woman, it sounded like, said joyfully. "I hope you like it here, you even have some friends, look."

He was still focused on the pain all over his body, when it suddenly got worse. The wires were pulling the rings harder. It felt like his flesh was being torn off. He screamed again. Louder than the last time.

"I said look!" the woman's voice demanded.

He tried, once again, to open his eyes. It was dimmer, so the man could look at his surroundings.

He was in a type of cell, though instead of bars there was chain link fencing. He strained his eyes and looked past the fencing. It was a circular room with a small table in the middle. Along the edges of the room, he saw what looked like five other cells. Much like the one he was currently in.

"There. Now that wasn't so hard was it?" the women said calmly with a small smile. "You're probably wondering why I brought you here, Leo."

Leo? But my name is Taekwoon. He wanted to say, but decided against it.

"Good choice, not questioning why I called you Leo," she smirked, "that will be your name from now on. You can forget about your old name. You can forget about your old life for that matter. You're never getting out of here."

The wires went slack and the pain dulled. Leo exhaled, tears still running down his face.

"Let me introduce you to your friends," the woman grinned. Not a normal grin. A grin laced with lunacy.

Leo followed the woman with his eyes as she walked over to one of the cells. The wall to the cell was a giant window, inside there was a person standing. He didn't look much younger than Leo himself. The man was looking straight ahead, but his eyes looked dazed. As if he wasn't really there.

"This here, is Ken. He used to be the newest addition before I brought you here."

When the woman got closer to Ken's cell, he sprung to life. Hand moving out to reach her, but it was stopped by a rope tied around his arm.

"Now, now, Ken, what did I tell you about lashing out like that? Can't you see I'm talking to Leo right now?"

Ken nodded robotically and pulled his hand back to where it had previously been.

She walked over to the next cell where there was, again, a giant window to look into the cell. But there were drawings in white marker all over this window. The man inside had his head down, so all Leo saw was his blue hair.

"Ravi~ Oh Ravi~ Are you awake? You don't want me to stitch you up again do you?" the woman said playfully then growled.

The man in the second cell slowly lifted his head. The first things Leo noticed were the tattoos covering this man, Ravi's, skin. The next thing he noticed was Ravi's eyes.They were white with black x's. What could have happened to make them like that?

He too, had a dazed look in his eyes.

The woman moved on to the third cell and Leo's heart stopped. It was another cell with a glass window. A pedestal in the center with a sculpted lion on the front of it. On top, kneeled another man, head down, black hair covering his eyes. There was something about him that made Leo especially uneasy.

"Oh, this one is my favorite! Watch this." The woman moved her hand to pull a rusty lever next to the third cell. Sparks flew and what he saw was he most terrifying thing he had ever seen. The man on the pedestal was being electrocuted, only he wasn't screaming in pain, nor was he begging the woman to stop. He was laughing. A laugh that sent chills down Leo's spine. The laughing man's head jolted up. Hair moving, uncovering his face. If the man's laugh was bone chilling, his eyes were more than that. He didn't have the same dazed expression as Ken or Ravi, even though his eyes were identical to Ravi's. They were clear. Alive. Showing he was fully aware of what was happening to him. They were so full of insanity, it scared Leo to think how long the man had been here for him to go insane. Leo stared into the man's eyes and though he saw mostly insanity, there was a glimmer of something else. Loneliness? No, longing. But longing for what? The sight made Leo's stomach churn, not from fear or uneasiness, but from disgust. Disgust that this woman had taken away everyone of these person's lives. Reducing them to empty shells. Doing something to this man for so long, he has gone insane.

The woman pulled the lever again, turning off the electricity. It was silent for a few seconds only the deep breaths of the man in the third cell could be heard. Though, he had stopped laughing, a twisted grin was still planted on his face.

"This one's name is Hongbin. He's special so I let him keep his real name. He was the first one I captured." She smiled up at Hongbin as if he was a trophy she had won years ago.

The woman continued introducing the other two people but they were no different than Ken and Ravi. Dazed looks, mindlessly reaching out when the woman walked near. But Leo wasn't really paying attention. He was focused on Hongbin. The man who has been tortured to the point of insanity. 

"Do you see why he's my favorite?" Leo flinched, started by the woman's voice, causing some of the wires to pull at his skin again. He let out a yelp and squeezed his eyes shut. The woman laughed and Leo heard footsteps slowly getting faint, then a large bang, like a door being slammed.


He was alone again, in a way. Four of the people here didn't even look like they were mentally present and Hongbin hasn't made a sound other than breathing since the woman electrocuted him.

Leo stayed in his kneeled position and tried to think of something that could distract him. He studied the circular room further but he eyes shifted back to Hongbin, who surprisingly was already looking at Leo.

Hongbin's stare coupled with his never ending smile, made for a terrifying picture. Leo still saw insanity in Hongbin's eyes but there was less of it, he saw more desperation. Like he's fighting himself to be free.

Suddenly something changed. Hongbin's eyes brightened and his mouth moved slowly to say something.

"Help. Me. Please."

Leo felt his heart shatter. Hongbin's voice sounded so small and broken. Leo then saw tears fall from Hongbin's eyes and in his eyes, he saw no insanity just sadness, longing, and despair. Leo then wanted nothing more but to hold Hongbin, tell that everything would be okay. But he couldn't. He couldn't move. Everything was not going to be okay.

So Leo said this only thing he could think of.

"I can't."

 

 

 

This one-shot is based off of VIXX's song "Voodoo Dollwhich you should totally check out because it's amazing in case you didn't notice. I was watching the clean version of the video and I noticed that Hongbin seemed to be the only one that looked legitimately insane. What with his creepy looking laugh at 3:05. I might make a part two to this but I don't know. This is actually my first story with anyone in the K-pop universe, and I think it went pretty well. What do you think? It's about 3:30 in the morning here and I pretty much wrote this out of a HUGE inspiration burst. Sorry about this long author's note. They won't be as long in the future.