Petal 2

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt.1

JUNGKOOK

Why do I keep needing you when I know I'll get hurt?

 

LOTUS APARTMENT, BLOCK B, SEOUL.

11.00 AM

 

“NO. I’m leaving this place. And you can't do anything about it. Not until you quit your filthy job!” shouts Jungkook as he starts opening the door of his house.

 

“Jungkook, please, listen to me first! I’m your mother! Please!” cries his mother.

 

“Well, mother, I’m sick of people calling me a bastard. Do I need to find a dictionary for you to understand the meaning of that word? I don’t, do I? I’m leaving.” Jungkook’s shouts echoed in their little apartment. Yoo Rin, Jungkook’s mother, couldn’t stop sobbing.

 

She knows what she’s doing is wrong but she knows that Jungkook is not a child that was born out of marriage, out of love.

 

“No, Jungkook, listen. You are not that! Please believe me, I showed you my marriage certificate didn’t I? Why won’t you believe me?” sobs Jungkook’s mother.

 

“Yeah, try to show that certificate to everyone and see if they believe in what you say. With your job, do you think anyone will believe you? Even I don’t. So please, choose. Me, the one you called your son, or that job?” questions Jungkook.

 

Yoo Rin stops and thinks. She is confused. With tears blurring her vision, she sees Jungkook stepping out of their apartment before she even answers. She’s at the edge of insanity. She can’t lose him too, her one and only son that has become her hope and reason of life.

 

‘No, not him.’

 

Yoo Rin tries to run after him but he’s gone and already out of her sight. She stops her steps and falls, not knowing what to do. She curls into a ball, crying and crying. hoping her cries can bring her son back to her. Her beloved son.

 


 

Jungkook’s running ends at the rooftop of the oldest looking building in his area. Yes, he is crying. Images of him being called names after his schoolmates find out that his mother is working in a bar come to him. He does not hate his mother, but he hated his life. He hates his mother’s job. He hates everyone in his school. He hates it every time those people call his mother a e, and he gets angry but can’t do anything to prove them wrong. He hates everything.

 

*Flashback starts*

 

LOTUS APARTMENT, BLOCK B, SEOUL.

10.00 AM

 

“Jungkook, your teacher called again. He said you need to go to school to pass this academic year.” said his mother softly while serving him his breakfast.

 

Silence

 

She continues, “You will go to school tomorrow, right?” now facing him.

 

“Why would I?” replied Jungkook shortly.

 

“Hmm, so you can pass this year and go to university next year? You want that, don’t you?”

 

Jungkook doesn’t reply. Instead, he smacks his chopsticks on the table, gulps down his glass of milk and starts to get up to get away from his mother.

 

Her mother is fast enough to pull his left arm gently.

 

“Jungkook. Please don’t do this to me. Go to school tomorrow, neh?” replied his mother with a small smile on her face.

 

Jungkook halted his steps. “For what? So that I can get bullied again by those airheaded kids? So people can always look down on me and step in my face?”  

 

“No, no Jungkook. Don’t say that. You need to get into university. Like you always wanted to when you were young, remember?” said Yoo Rin, with tears threatening to come out from her tired eyes.

 

“University? Are you kidding me? That dream is long gone. Buried. How do I go to university when my mother is a e?!!”

 

A loud slap came across Jungkook’s face. He was stunned for a minute. It's the first time he's been slapped by his mother.

 

“I am not a e! Never was! Stop this nonsense Jungkook. Just go to school already!” Yoo Rin shouted between her sobs.

 

“Tsk, not when I leave this house first. MOTHER,” he made sure to emphasize the word mother in front of her.

 

*flashback ends*

 

*Sigh...*

 

Jungkook sighs again after he remembered what happened this morning. Why must life be so hard for him? Why must he suffer and go through so much? He was always a happy kid when he was young, even when he had no father; his mother was more than enough for him. That's before he started high school, when one of his ‘friends’ asks what his mother works as.

 

He closes his eyes, trying to erase the memories until it is dark enough to call the day, a night.

 


 

Jungkook is now walking aimlessly around the city. He bumps into a guy in a black hoodie but his mind is so occupied with everything, he doesn’t even bother saying sorry.

 

“Yo, kid! Can’t you see me? I was walking right in front of you. Are you blind?” the guy stops Jungkook.

 

Jungkook doesn’t reply. He is too mentally troubled to care about his surroundings.

 

His silence is a cue for the guy in the black hoodie and his friend to knock his senses back to reality. Even so, Jungkook doesn’t fight back. He couldn't. Like his mind is saying: he deserved this after what he did to his mother.

 


 

JIN

SEOUL.

11.00PM

“God, I can’t believe I overslept. I need to get to the office first before going back home. There’s an important meeting with the new sub-contractor tomorrow.” mumbles Jin while swiftly driving his black Range Rover across the almost empty road. The speed of his car increases as he is a few blocks away from the Frontier Construction Headquarters.

 

That's when he saw a person blindly crossing the road in front of him.

 

//shriek//

 

The sound of his car braking echoes throughout the area. Jin is so surprised, he can’t move for a second. He opens up the car door and is fervently hoping he didn’t injure the person. The last thing he needs is a dead being in front of his car. He already went through so much today. No more.

 

He almost jumps of happiness when he sees the body is still perfectly intact. But to his greatest dismay, the body lies on the road, unconscious.

 

‘Strange. These bruises on his face... they couldn't be from me hitting him with my car, right? In fact I don’t even think I hit him in the first place.’

 


helloooo!! so the second chapter is up!!

for those who is reading, I would like to say thank you. thank you a million!!

and I really hope you enjoy it ~~

please leave a comment below and tell me what you guys think okay? prettiest please with a cherry on top :DDD

xoxo, purplebear18 <3