Petal 1

The Most Beautiful Moment in Life Pt.1

A/N The blue italic sentences are Jin’s inner thoughts.


JIN

Maybe because the sky is blue and the sun is shining brightly,
My tears become more noticeable.

 

FRONTIER CONSTRUCTION HEADQUARTERS, SEOUL.

9.00 AM

 

‘Yes Jin, you can do this. Just be cool and act natural and you will be fine and you'll get out of that room in one piece. Yes you will.’

That’s the mantra Jin always uses before he enters his father's office; or as he usually refers to it - The Chamber Of Doom.

 

Living as an heir to the most recognized construction company in Asia is not as fun as it seems. You may have money that will last forever, live in a mansion, and eat the most expensive food, but that does not mean you can enjoy it. After Jin graduated from high school he was forced to study Architecture in Australia to take over his fathers company. He excelled in it of course, all thanks to his father. Firstly because he got his art skills and creativity from him and secondly because of his generous donations to the school (Jin knows it was more of the latter and he hated it).

Friends? Tsk... yeah, he has friends. Mostly because he is the heir of the ever so mighty 'Frontier Construction'. Nobody really considers him their true friend and he knew that. He tried to make real friends but every time he does, he always gets disappointed.

He thanked God for giving him a supportive grandfather and a little sister that became his reason to live. After Jin’s mother passed away, he found it hard to grasp his reality, but those two had always been there for him and are still his ultimate strength that helps him carry on in life.

 

*Knock knock*

 

No answer

 

*Knock knock*

 

Again, no answer.

 

This time Jin opens the door slowly and stands awkwardly after he closes it.

 

To his surprise, he finds his father accompanied with another middle-aged man, laughing. It’s a scene Jin hasn't seen for a long time. His father rarely even smiles, let alone laughs. Not after his mother passed away, years ago.

 

'Is that father? Laughing? Since when? He hasn’t even noticed that I’m here?'

 

Jin pretends to clear his throat to gain his father’s attention. He succeeds.

 

"Ahh Seok Jin, come here! Let me introduce you to someone."

 

Jin observes his father's command, slowly walking towards the sitting area in his father’s office.

 

"Seok Jin, I introduce you to Mr. Lee Soo Man. He owned Blue Sea Construction." 

 

Jin bows in respect and shook hands with Mr. Lee and then proceeds to sit beside his father.

 

"So this is SeokJin, your company's future? You needn't worry, the company seems to be in good hands," Mr. Lee speaks, and to which Jin politely smiles back at him

 

"Yes, this is my son that I have been talking so much about." Mr. Kim says in between his laughter, and grins. He seems proud. He's never acted that way in front of Jin before, which surprises him in many ways.

 

‘I have a bad feeling about whatever is going on.’

 

Mr Lee smiles even wider, "This is a good start isn't it, Mr Kim?" He averted his gaze to Jin and continues. "SeokJin, I hope we will see each other more often after this encounter, but for now I need to get going for a meeting in Beijing this afternoon."

 

Mr. Lee stands up from his seat to button up his suit and then bids them good-bye. Jin's curiosity on the reason behind their meet up is increasing, since now that he and his father are alone again, it’s suddenly cold again. No hearty laughter, no smiles, not even a word.\

 

"Make yourself available this Saturday night. You will meet your future in-laws and wife so wear and behave appropriately," said Jin’s father.

 

"In-laws? Wife? What are you talking about? I've never agreed on anything like that!"

 

"You are in no place to refuse Kim Seok Jin. I make the decisions around here as long as you bring my name with you," his father replied sternly.

 

“Yeah, why am I not surprised with all this? I never say no to you, but I always thought you would be proud of me and let me live my life after I became an Architect, just like how you wanted me to. I was wrong. Absolutely wrong.”

 

Jin is helpless. He knew this would happen sooner or later but he thought that if he tried to persuade his father, he might actually change his mind. He guessed wrong. After his mother died, his workaholic father became even more stoic than ever, making him feel trapped inside this world created for him.

 

"Mother would have listened first. Or at least asked for my opinion," Jin mutters under his breath, loud enough for his father to hear. And as expected, his father's expression changes but not a sound is made. 

 

"Yes, but she's gone. Go on and proceed with your work," was his father’s reply.

 

"And exactly how do you expect me to work with this deal of yours clouding my mind? You never change father, not even after my mother died. I’m taking a day off today." Jin walks away with building anger and disappointment. He was disappointed enough to not listen to his father like he usually does.

 

"Kim Seok Jin!" Mr. Kim tried to get his son's attention again, but he was too late. Jin ignores his subsequent calls for the first time ever.

 

Mr. Kim pondered a bit. Flexed his muscles and fixed his necktie. 

 

"This is for your own good." was the last thing he said before he continued to do his work, and not a sound was made after that.

 

DAEGU MEMORIAL PARK, DAEGU

1.00 PM

 

“I’m here mother. Your little boy, Jin is here.”

 

The only known place that calms Jin is beside his mother. But since his mother is gone, her burial place has become one of Jin’s favorite hideouts. A place where he finds peace. Nothing changes after his mother’s death, not even this fact.

 

“Mom, I’m getting married,” Jin continued while leaning his back on his mother’s tombstone.

 

“Yeah. I’m sorry for only telling you this now. I just knew it this morning too..”

 

“I’m not ready. Not now, mom.”

 

“Yes, father found me a bride for myself,”

 

“I’m disappointed but what do I expect from a person who still thinks of his work on his wife funeral, right, mother?”

 

Trails of tears have started to become visible on Jin’s cheeks. The last time he cried was when he listened to his mother’s last wish. He didn’t even cry at her funeral.

 

“I don’t hate him. Don’t get me wrong. I’m just very, very upset. He never understands me. Never even tries to. What am I to him? What is SeoYeon to him? We're not just robots, you know?”

 

“But I will still listen to his words to comply with your wish, mom. I believe in you. I always have.”

 

That is when Jin smiles again. Wiping his tears, he found himself sleepy and fell asleep next to his mother right after.

 


*crick.. crick..*

erm yeah that is the first chapter of the story. I'm sorry if it but I promise it will get better (I hope so)

omg I'm so nervous I can't even *sigh* 

please to anyone who is reading this, say something nehh? I would love to know what you think! please please pretty please!

comment below and tell me what you think! 

xoxo, purplebear18 <3