While You Were Sleeping

Be Careful What You Wish For

A/N: I have an exam in two days and another one in five days and all I can do is write fanfiction. Great! This chapter is humour-ish, Katherine finally getting to tell someone about her experience. There are a few curse words, as usual. 

 

           Katherine sighed and threw a pillow off the bed, glaring at it as it fell to the ground. It was not fair. When she had finally decided what she wanted to do, everything was already over. Was it her fault? Was it something she said?

           The girl picked up her phone from the nightstand and decided to call an expert, although that was going to cost her some time and maybe her life too.

           “Nana-yah, are you there?” she questioned when she heard the other line being answered. “Hm? Kath, what do you want? It’s late.” her friend grumbled sleepily, yawning as soon as she had finished the sentence. “I-I need to talk to you about something.” Katherine said, unconsciously playing with her hands.

           “What? Faster or I’m going to fall asleep again.” Nana ushered her, giggling for a bit. “You know how I’m a big fan of EXO…” the girl began shyly, only to be interrupted by her overly excited friend “Have you met them yet?! OMG! Are they handsome?!”. Katherine sighed into the speaker and waited for Nana to calm down, before continuing “Sort of. I’ve been having these really weird… dreams…”.

           “Huh? Meh! That’s boring…” the other cut in once more, clicking her tongue. “Not really. Everything feels so real and the things that have happened to me there, had after effects in real life too.”Katherine told her, expecting a little bit of interest from the one listening on the other line.

           “Like what? I’d say a , but you’re a girl.” Nana joked, laughing loudly, not being bothered by the younger’s whines. “Something more like hickeys actually… and sore muscles.” Katherine spoke softly, voice barely a whisper, already feeling blush creep on her cheeks as scenes from the dream with Baekhyun kept replaying in her head.

           “Just what kind of dream did you have?” Nana questioned suspiciously. “Uh-Uh… Well, the first one was a bit… , but the other one… I swear! It was completely normal.” the younger answered, her tone shaky as she laughed awkwardly. “A-ha. I know what normal means for you.” the older snickered, causing Katherine to gasp.

           After a few seconds of silence, in which one was trying to find a way to explain her unexpected situations, while the other seemed to contemplate something of great importance. When Nana found her right words, she shot a question suddenly, taking her friend by surprise “Was it big?”.

           Katherine choked on her own saliva and tried her best to calm down, response coming soon after “A bit. I don’t really know what the standard is.”. “Oh, come one! Liar! I know you secretly watch !” Nana attacked her again, leaving the younger at a loss of words.

           She had thought it would have been a good idea to call her best friend, but now, she was slowly starting to regret it as more weird, erted questions hit the speaker. Katherine tried her best to explain the moment, without going too much into details, but Nana seemed to want to hear everything.

           When she got fed up with the older’s pestering, she finally found her voice again, whisper-shouting into the phone “Shut up!”.

           “What? You called me and asked for my advice!” the other pushed, trying to sound menacing, but miserably failing at doing so and ending up laughing. “I know…” Katherine sighed deeply. “Hey, it’s going to be fine. Just keep them coming. Let’s see how far this can go and make sure you find out why the dream with Kyungsoo ended so fast. I know you can do it! So make sure you don’t wake me up again in the middle of the night, okay~?” Nana began, voice low and dangerous, but near the final words, rising up in sweetness. The younger chuckled and muttered a “Good night.” and “Love you too.”, before pressing the red button.

           She let herself fall back on the bed, this time quickly drifting off in a dreamless sleep.

 

 

 

           When she woke up, around noon, her mom was nowhere to be found, although it was pouring heavily outside. She checked her phone to see if there were any missed calls from her, but she was welcomed instead by an inbox full of messages from her friend. “What the…” Katherine thought and opened them one by one, reading carefully the contents. Her expressions kept changing from happy to annoyed, most of the time ending up laughing at Nana’s weirdness.

 

From: Nana <3

           I’m coming to sleep with you tonight. Maybe you’ll share your sweet surreal dates. :3

 

From: Nana <3

           Aren’t you going to say anything? >.< Answer me, meow-head!

 

From: Nana <3

           Yah! :-w This is no way to treat an elder! T_T

 

From: Nana <3

           If you don’t reply now… I’ll rip your napkin collection to shreds and then burn it! Mwhahahah~! >:)

 

From: Nana <3

           That’s it. I’m telling your fans! :(

 

From: Nana <3

           Haha! Now the whole Tumblr knows you’re having wet dreams with Baekkie~! :* I love you~! >:D<

 

From: Nana <3

           I promise this is the last. Just tell me something, what did his taste like? :o3

 

From: Nana <3

           Cheap. Fine. Keep it to yourself. >.> Find someone else to call late at night when you get a lady-. >:P

 

           Katherine laughed loudly, then realization hit and she ran to her computer, quickly turning it on and checking her sites. “OH. MY. GOD.” she shouted, mouth hanging open. Poor girl had lots of explaining to do. This was going to be a very long day, all thanks to her special friend.