IV. Complicated

Idiots

Un-betaed


 

In their senior year, they were officially a couple. The other students weren’t surprised to hear this because they have been having the assumption that the two were going out for a long time, since they were always together and Jinki was always clinging so closely to Jonghyun.
 
Jonghyun couldn’t say he was happy about it, but he really didn’t care about what others think.
 
Jinki, however, couldn’t say he got what he wished for, because despite being official, Jonghyun still treated him the same sometimes. 

However, there were times when Jonghyun did something so shrivel worthy, something that made Jinki’s face blush so red and sent his stomach flipping like it’s some circus ride.
 
Their firsts were definitely the cutest.
 
------------
 
The first time Jonghyun had ever showed his possessive side was a few weeks after they were officially dating. It was while they were out on a date, their first date or rather the first time he had forced Jonghyun out on a date. Jinki had to tell Jonghyun it was his treat to make him come. That stupid, greedy, handsome jerk. Really? Who bribes their own boyfriend to a date?
 
Once out, Jinki thought that they could watch some movies and eat dinner after. He also thought they could hold hands after having watched the movie they picked as they went to where they were about to eat.
 
However, as they were walking to their destination, with Jinki behind jonghyun. Jinki frowned at Jonghyun’s back. What kind of boyfriend walks with his boyfriend like this? He thought. Shouldn’t they be walking side by side, shoulders bumping and fingers accidentally brushing then tangling together?
 
Jinki sighed like a fan boy as he daydreamed behind jonghyun. He imagined how Jonghyun’s hand would feel in his. Then he realized, he was Jonghyun’s boyfriend now, they were official, so why couldn’t he hold his hands?
 
Suddenly feeling confident, he grabbed Jonghyun’s hands, tangling his fingers with his, smiling confidently as he tightened his grip on his boyfriend’s hand.
 
Jonghyun’s jumped. His shocked sent him to pull his hand away from Jinki’s hold and push Jinki away.
 
Jinki stumbled sideways, he bumped into a girl and when he was upright, ready to apologize, he saw that the girl was wearing something so provocative, and Suddenly the words would not come out. Jonghyun raised a brow in suspicion.
 
After seeing who had bumped into her, the girl smiled at Jinki and tucked a hair behind her ear, Suddenly acting all shy.
 
Jinki, sensing what the girl was trying to do, smiled humbly. He scratched the back of his neck out of politeness, not knowing what to do.
 
Jonghyun, who was witnessing the scene In front of him, frowned and then suddenly he was holding Jinki’s hand, his hand sliding into Jinki’s and tangling his fingers with the other's.
 
The girl frowned at their hands, and when he looked back up at Jonghyun then to Jinki, then back to their holding hands, Jonghyun’s hold tightened. Jinki would have complained and told Jonghyun he was about to apologize to the stranger if it wasn’t for the way Jonghyun pulled him closer to his side, telling the girl to off because Jinki was his. Instead, he smiled and blushed as the girl gasped and bowed apologetically, she left hastily, finally getting it.
 
----------------------

The first time Jonghyun had ever showed his jealous side was on one date where Jinki sang at a bar. As Jinki sang, Jonghyun noticed a tall guy who kept on staring at Jinki. It would have been fine with him, slightly feeling proud of his boyfriend until he caught Jinki glancing at the dude, the guy smiled at him and did he just see Jinki blush? He glared at the singing boy when he finally looked Jonghyun’s way, causing him to stutter a few lines in his song
 
After performing. Jonghyun watched him panic for being caught blushing because of another guy. He hastily made his way back to Jonghyun when suddenly he was being blocked by the tall guy. It seemed like the guy was trying to get Jinki to converse with him.

Jinki looked at Jonghyun anxiously before bowing at the guy politely, trying to tell him he needed to go. When the guy insisted on talking to him, Jinki was suddenly being dragged away by Jonghyun, leaving Mr. Giant guy calling for him.
 
When they were outside, Jonghyun was shocked to see that the other guy had followed them.
 
“Wait!” the guy called out, stopping the two.
 
“You were really good. I really like your voice, ” he smiled
 
Jinki chuckled bashfully, “Thank you,” he answered eyeing Jonghyun beside him who was still gripping his hand and Jinki feels like his bones were to break anytime soon.
 
“I’m Minho” the other said, offering a hand out.
 
“He’s leaving” Jonghyun answered for him, dragging him away from Minho.
 
They walked their way home after that. Jinki, seeing that Jonghyun was pissed, was too nervous to talk. He knew he needed to say something, at least to make him feel better.
 
“You were pretty good back there”Jonghyun said, just before Jinki could utter a word.
 
Jinki stopped in his tracks “What?” he asked.
 
Jonghyun stopped too, “you have an amazing voice Jinki” he said, not looking at Jinki.
 
Jinki stared at him in confusion, his eyes blinked rapidly “Jjong, are you telling me this… because of that guy?” he asked
 
Jonghyun tutted in annoyance, “Never mind!” he hissed before continuing to walk, annoyed at how Jinki could be so stupid.
 
Jinki, despite Jonghyun’s reaction was so happy, his face looking like it’s about to split in two because of how wide he was grinning.

Jonghyun tried to shower him with compliments, was he trying to beat Minho’s compliments? He’s so cute. Jinki thought
 
“Thank you... Just so you know, that song was for you ” he said, missing the small smile that crept on Jonghyun’s face.
 
--------------------------

One day Jonghyun had a visitor.

They were already college students. Both were taking up music and were living together in one apartment, it was nothing permanent, just a temporary place to stay in while they’re in college. The place was not too big and not too small either, it was something like a dormitory.
 
Jinki was the one who was awoken by the knocking on their door, he lazily got out of bed and dragged himself out of his room. On his way to the door, he walked pass Jonghyun’s room, the door was ajar. They had separate rooms, even though Jinki would love to sleep together with Jonghyun in one room, in one bed. He didn’t want to take another beating, no thank you.
 
He peeked into his boyfriend’s room and found him sleeping soundlessly. How could he sleep like that when his room is the one nearest to the door? Just as the thought left Jinki, the person outside started knocking again. Jinki winced at the sound, still half asleep. He was already missing his bed. It was Sunday for crying out loud, they were supposed to sleep in and not mind their class.

When he opened the door there was a feminine looking guy on the other side.

“Can I help you?” Jinki asked, voice a little hoarse. He noticed the feline looks of the other as he tried hard to think if he knew the guy.
 
“I’m looking for Kim Jonghyun?”
 
---------------

Jinki found out later, after having awakened Jonghyun that their visitor was Kibum, Kim Kibum, Jonghyun’s close friend from Daegu.

They were in the kitchen and Jonghyun was panicking, pacing around like he didn’t know where to find his own things in his own kitchen. He was panicking because he forgot that Kibum was coming that day, he hadn’t prepared anything at all.

Jinki watched him from their dining table, sipping on his hot coffee that he made earlier while the other two were busy talking.
 
“Would you stop sitting around and help me prepare something for our guest?” Jonghyun glared at him
 
“You mean your guest” Jinki muttered lowly, however, stood up and helped Jonghyun
 
Jonghyun chose to ignore him, pretending like he heard nothing
 
After a few moments of silence and hurried movements, drinks and some snacks were prepared.
 
“How come I don’t know him?” Jinki asked just as Jonghyun was about to lift the tray of food
 
“What?”
 
“I mean we’ve known each other since were like kids. But how come I don’t know you have a close friend from Daegu?”
 
Jonghyun’s sighed, this wasn’t the right time to talk about this, he thought. They have a guest in their living room, someone he’d been wanting to see since like forever, and he didn’t want to screw this up “Remember the vacation me and my family went to when we were in middle school?”  he asked, just to get it over with
 
“The one that took you one month?” Jinki answered
 
“Yes, that. We went to Daegu, remember? I met him there. He’s a really cool kid Jinki” he paused to grab the things he needed “and I don’t want to screw up our first ever meeting since like forever by starving him to death in our living room. I already forgot he’s coming over today okay? I’m trying not to make it worst” he hissed as he made his way out of the kitchen.
 
“Why didn’t you tell me anything about him?” Jinki asked just before Jonghyun could leave the kitchen.
 
Jonghyun turned to him, glaring “I don’t need to tell you everything about me okay!?” he hissed before finally leaving.
 
--------------------
 
Jinki sulked in the kitchen alone after that. He listened to Kibum and Jonghyun’s laughter, and he frowned more to himself. He knew that Jonghyun was right, that he didn’t need to tell Jinki everything about him, however it hurts to hear him say that.
 
Just as he was sipping on the last drops of his coffee, he noticed that the laughter had died.Thinking that Kibum might have left he went to go and check when said person enters the kitchen.
 
“Hey” the other greeted
 
“Hey…” he greeted back, chuckling shyly “did you uhmm… need something?” from the kitchen? He meant
 
“No no… it’s okay” Kibum smiled at him
 
There was a moment of silence and Jinki thought he was about to die from the awkwardness “Jonghyun went to the bathroom or something… so I decided to maybe uhmm… talk to you”  Kibum said, sending Jinki a friendly smile, killing the awkward silence and Jinki was more than grateful for it.
 
Jinki smiled back at him, ten times more friendlier than Kibum’s
 
“So…” Kibum started “that’s a… that’s a nice coffee mug you have there,” he chuckled half-heatedly, pointing at the plain brown coffee mug Jinki was holding and if Jinki was to think of other things that could be any more awkward than his situation right then, there was nothing. So far it’s the most awkward he’s ever been.
 
“Yeah…” Jinki chuckled too, just as half-hearted as Kibum’s “you wanna look at it?” really? Why were they talking about coffee mugs?
 
Kibum smiled, he reached  for the brown mug, however, it slipped from his hand, breaking into pieces when it hit the ground, it caused a loud crashing sound.
 
Both gasped and before Kibum could apologize, Jonghyun entered the kitchen
 
“What happened?”
 
When he saw the broken mug on the floor he sent Jinki the most deadliest glare Jinki has seen him do.
 
“What did you do this time?” he hissed at Jinki before running to Kibum apologizing as he checked if there were any scratches or whatsoever.
 
“What?” was all Jinki could say
 
“I told you not to ruin this Jinki” Jonghyun hissed after he was sure that Kibum was alright 
 
“Wait Jjong…” Kibum, who was taken aback at Jonghyun’s tone panicked
 
“I’m so sorry Kibum, he gets like this often” Jonghyun said
 
“No Jjong..” Kibum pressed
 
“No, it’s okay” Jinki cuts in, causing both Kibum and Jonghyun to turn their heads at him
 
“I’ll just Leave” he said before sending both Jonghyun and Kibum a smile. Jonghyun knew it wasn’t right the moment he saw it, Jinki didn’t smile like that, he knew.
 
“It was nice meeting you Kibum-ssi” he said before leaving the apartment, with nothing but his tee and pajama
 
------------------------------
 
Jonghyun sighed for  the nth time. It was 1am and Jinki still wasn’t home, they have lectures tomorrow and he was getting really worried.
 
After Jinki had left, Kibum told him everything and he felt terrible, he apologized to Kibum for the trouble he had caused so early in the morning and for the things he had to witness. But he knew that the one he should really apologize to was Jinki.
 
He was reflecting on the things he’d done when there was a knock on the door, he was quick to open it and was relieved to find Jinki on the other side.
 
“Where have you been?” he asked, not moving from where he stood
 
Instead of answering, Jinki staggered inside, closing the door behind him. He slumped to Jonghyun’s body, his face nuzzling into the other’s neck.
 
Jonghyun instantly put a hand on Jinki’s back and scrunched his nose “you reek of alcohol” he said
 
Jinki only whimpered and nuzzled his neck even more, his hands dropping to his sides
 
“Did you go out to drink in these?” Jonghyun asked, clutching Jinki’s tee with his free hand
 
“Jinki” he sighed when the other did not answer.
 
“I'm sorry” the other said, Jonghyun knew he was referring to what happened this morning.
 
He let out a long sigh “I know it wasn’t your fault Jinki, you don’t have to apologize, ” he brought both his hands to Jinki’s back, caressing him as a sign of comfort “I’m sorry for the thing’s I said” he apologized, blushing in the process. It wasn’t like Jonghyun to apologize to Jinki, that’s why feels shy whenever he did.
 
“I’m sorry” Jinki told him again
 
“What for Jinki? Stop apologizing”
 
“It’s just…too much” Jinki mumbled into his neck, after a few minutes of silence
 
“What?” Jonghyun asked, his ministrations stopping as confusion gets to him
 
“I can't..” Jinki’s hands started to move, traveling under Jonghyun’s arms to grip at his shoulders, hugging him “I love you too much Jjong” Jinki sobbed “that even when you push me away, or treat me like I’m no one, I don’t care” Jonghyun stiffened at the confession, his heart breaking into pieces. Jinki’s hold on him tightened. “that even when you hate me, I could still love you more and would still come back to you” Jonghyun felt wetness on his neck “I’m sorry. Is that bad?” the other questioned, “I think it’s bad” he answered his own question with a low chuckle, fake and hurting.
 
Just as the words left him, Jonghyun pinned him to the door, his head pressing to his chest and Jinki could only stare at the darkness of their living room, with nothing but the lights from the television.
 
“Please don’t say that” Jonghyun said to his chest “you… you’re making me look bad Jinki”
 
“You are bad” Jinki pouts to no one “you’re mean, you’re always so mean” he heard Jinki whine
 
“I’m sorry, I’m just.. I can’t help but be like this” Jonghyun looked up at him, and Jinki was looking straight at nothing and before he knew it, Jonghyun was kissing him “I’m sorry” Jonghyun said between kisses
 
After pulling away, he looked at Jinki with expecting eyes “Please stop this, I don't know what to do Jinki” he said, apologizing once more
 
“Kiss me again” was what Jinki said, and Jonghyun did
 
Their first kiss happened like that and after that many more.

 


I'm so sorry this chapter took so long.

I was busy with school.

There's too much drama in this, it . XDD

I had no time to proof read btw, I'll do that some other time.