Step Up: Jongdae

Step Up: Jongdae

“What did you think of the movie? The previous installments were definitely much better. This is why movies should not have sequels or installments. Unless they’re Harry Potter or Star Wars. Do you want to watch Harry Potter when we get home?” Junmyeon turns to Jongdae and finds the said man missing. They are outside the cinema and Jongdae’s gazed is fixed at the screen. The teaser of the movie they just saw was playing.

“It is…It’s life changing.” Jongdae said and comes closer to the screen. His left hand is clutching his heart and opens his mouth in awe at the video.

“What? We just watched the movie. Why are you watching the teaser? Again?” Junmyeon comes closer to his friend and mumbles something between ‘should have chosen Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles’ and ‘Michaelangelo hyung’ . Junmyeon sighs defeatedly.

“I think this means I should really pursue dancing. I am inspired. Aren’t you inspired Junmyeon?” Jongdae’s eyes are shining. Is he seriously tearing up (and inspired) from a movie about people dancing?

“Well, I think the movie was okay but I wasn’t really inspi-“

Jongdae moves his feet following the dancer in the screen. His shoulders moving up and down. Probably trying the popping dance or whatever you call it.

“ It’s time for me to share my break dance skills to humanity. Every time I hear a song I just can’t keep my body from moving to the rhythm.”

“What are you up to Jongdae…” Junmyeon moves back from his friend who is currently possessed by whatever dance God philosopher out there.

“My moves keep flowing. Check this out Junmyeon.” Jongdae concentrates on moving his fingers but it looks more like his hands are solving a rubrik’s cube.  Ah yes. Finger tutting.

“What the hell…” Junmyeon is glad there aren’t that much people now outside the cinema. The second-hand embarrassment is too much to handle.

“I wish Kyungsoo or Minseok was here to slap some realization on you.” Junmyeon said covering his face in shame and thinks for a moment that maybe this will be the last time he will go watch a movie with Jongdae.

“Say what?” Jongdae halts with his dancing which is getting more ridiculous and embarrassing to Junmyeon’ eyes. And the popcorn lady staring at them nearby.

“Nothing. What are your plans now, break dance God, Jongdae?” Junmyeon smiles forcefully. Be supportive, Junmyeon. Listen, say okay, and just get it over with. Junmyeon pep talks himself.

“I-I think I’m going to-” Junmyeon nods quickly, urging the younger man to continue his answer about his future dancing plans.

“I’m going to buy Just Dance and have a dance battle with Jongin.”

“What the Jongdae.” Junmyeon said through gritted teeth, clearly trying to control his cool and his temper.

“I will show him who the real dancing machine is.” Jongdae moonwalks away from the screen and nearly stumbles from a garbage can.

“Watch out.” Jongdae points his fingers at his eyes and then at the inanimate object.

“Kim Jongdae, you never fail to amaze me.”