Save me, please find me

My Angel, My Hero
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

* * *

 

 

Slowly coming back to her senses was Tiffany. The English teacher woke up in darkness. The Korean woman had no idea how long she had been unconscious.  She tried to move but her leg hurt unbearably and her arm was trapped under a concrete piece either from a wall, floor or a ceiling.  Tiffany tried to move again but her leg didn't let her. She let out a painful cry as she moved her leg. It had to be broken.

 

She blinked her eyes trying to look around her surroundings, but it was pitch black. She moved her free hand around her, trying to understand where she was. She didn't feel a wall or anything in front of her. Tiffany lifted her arm upwards and it came in contact with something cold. She moved her palm along it. She tried poking it. It was something solid. Cool and solid. She figured it might have been what was left of the 4th floor of her school.

 

She was alive, but she didn't know for how long. Carefully Tiffany adjusted her position despite the pain from her leg. She tried wiggling her fingers of the hand which was trapped under a piece of concrete. She could move her finger, but it hurt. She was hurt all over. Tiffany tried yelling for help. She yelled as loud as she could, but got nothing as response. The teacher grew frustrated and tried pushing the concrete piece of off her arm. She tried lifting it, nothing. She tried moving it with all her might, but it didn't move even an inch.

 

Slowly the realization of being trapped under a collapsed building came to her. Tiffany didn't even fight back her tears. She cried hard, sobbed loudly not caring about anything. She cried for her Father, Mother, brother and her friends. She missed them a lot suddenly. Tiffany was all alone in dark and somewhat chilly trap.

 

After calming down from her crying she sighed loudly. She really wasn't thinking anything. She patted all of her pockets, hoping to find her phone or something useful. She only found her teacher ID still in her pocket. Tiffany placed it on her front chest pocket. There was thirst and hunger starting to rise. Tiffany felt sleepy and dizzy. She closed her eyes in hopes to wake up in a hospital or back inside her classroom. She didn't want to believe this was reality. Tiffany knew that there had to be rescue workers somewhere above her. Maybe someone would find her?

 

"Save me...Please find me." Tiffany whispered looking above her.

 

* * *

 

It was the second day after the strong earthquake. Sooyoung and Haneul were sitting on a bench, eating rice and some warm soup. Their clothes were dirty and some parts were slightly ripped. Their faces were also dirty, some small scratches here and there. They were tired, but proud of their work. They had rescued at least 20 people that day and made sure that the unfortunate people would get home to be buried properly. For some reason Haneul still wanted to go back out there. She noticed her team leader walking to them and decided to inform him about her want and need to go back there.

 

"Why do you want to go back? It's not safe to dig any deeper into the ruins. Without military help we aren't really allowed to go there." All possible victims were found, according to the military. If someone was trapped inside a building, they would have already been suffocated. It was hard to breath down there. They had stopped their rescue operations earlier that day and were pulling out their troops from the catastrophe scene.


"I don't know sir. I just... I have this feeling. Someone might still be alive." Haneul said. Since that morning there was something about the earthquake scene. It was like it called her back. She just couldn't leave. Not yet. Her team leader sighed loudly. He knew it was dangerous and the medical helper could get trapped. He also knew that Kwon Haneul was stubborn. She'd go anyway. "You aren't going alone."


"Of course not sir. I'll take Sooyoung with me." the doctor to be pointed to a woman on her left.


"You what now?!" Sooyoung reacted. She didn't want to go back. There were lot of dust still in the air and breathing was hard. The risk was too big.


"Please Soo. I need to go. What if someone is still suffering out there? We can at least try." Sooyoung was silent. She was hesitating.


"Please. If we hit a wall, we won't push through. We come back immediately." Haneul tried to reassure her friend.
 

"Fine. But we need to wet our clothes. Fire risk is huge when we start digging and moving collapsed buildings."
 

"Thanks you Soo. Thank you." Haneul side hugged her friend with a smile on her face.

 

After their late dinner and rest they took their gears again. Flashlights with new batteries, headlamp, two first aid kits with some ex

Please log in to read the full chapter