Pretend

EOS

PRETEND

 

♥Ludara♥


 

Dara is dressed nicely that sunday morning. She wore her white cute dress beneath her washed denim jacket with lace sleeves and a pair of heels, her attire is simple yet Dara manage to stay stunning for every guys' eyes at the Lotte World. As soon as they laid eyes on Dara it will be very hard for them to look away, she's that beautiful but she doesn't need every guys' attention all he want is Luhan's only.

Dara sat at the wooden bench, waiting patiently for her date to arrive. She bit her lips trying to supress the smile forming in her face and the giggle that is threatening to escape her lips. "Okay Dee, calm down." She chanted mentally.

Her eyes danced as she watched people walking around the park with their loved ones. Suddenly Dara frowned as she felt her heart hurt and felt empty. "Frowning doesn't suit your pretty face." She heard someone said making her looked up to see him smiling down to her with a boquet of flowers in his hands. "Luhan..."

Luhan smiled even wider and gave the boquet to Dara which she gladly accepted it. "I'm sorry, it took a while to get those." He said and pointed at the flower he bought for Dara. "Anyways, I hope you didn't wait long. Shall we?"

Dara reached Luhan's hands and pulled her from her seat - the two of them started walking around the park hand in hand. Sometimes, Luhan would squeeze Dara's hands to which makes her squeeze his hands too. She glanced at him secretly while he watched the children play at the nearest ride. She smiled, Dara has Luhan's whole attention. That's all she wants, all she needs.

"I might melt if you keep staring at me like that." Luhan joked and pinched the tip of Dara;s nose playfully before messing the girl's blonde hair.

"You love attention, so shut it I'm giving it to you for free." Dara replied and stuck her tongue out.

"Really?" Luhan said and shorten the distance of their faces, in an instant Luhan's face is inch away from Dara. She blinked, shocked at how close Luhan's face to her. "I think I should give you attention as well, so we're even. Don't you think?" He smirked.

Dara looked away, embarassed. "Aish! I hate you. Why do you have to do that."

Luhan chuckled, "Why? You love it when I do this, don't you want it now?" He pouted. Dara's face turned beet red. "Arraso, I'll stop. Let's ride that one?" Luhan pointed the indoor parachute. 

"Okay, let's ride that one."  

Dara and Luhan started riding every attractions they saw at Lotte Park, of course they avoided the haunted house at all cost like a plague. Dara laughed everytime Luhan make scared faces. "Daebak! Your face is epic, you should have seen how ugly your face at the roller coaster!" Dara said in between her laugh, tears forming at the side of her eyes while pointing her finger at Luhan's exhausted state.

They decided to ride the roller coaster before going home, Dara's laughter subsided she was seated at the passenger seat of Luhan's car. The silence makes it hard for her to feel happy. She's still can't accept it but she have to, she knows she have to. Luhan stared in front, heaving deeply making it more awkward and hard for the two of them.

Tears started to flow at Dara's eyes as she bowed her head, afraid to look weak in front of Luhan for the last time. "Why did it come to this point." She said weakly, her hands balled on top of her lap. "Why do we have to hurt each other when we clearly know who are hearts belongs to?" 

She brush her shaky fingers in her hair, "Why Luhan?" she asked wanting to know Luhan's thoughts but he kept silent and let Dara cried her hearts out.

"Fine," she murmured in defeat. She felt weak and decided not to push through. She knows once Luhan made a decision he won't change it no matter what.

"I'm really sorry. You know how much I care for you but I ed up Dara." This was the first time Luhan talked to her regardibg their problem.

" I told you… I, I will accept it whole heartedly. Why do you have to shoulder it alone?"

Luhan turned to her, his once warm eyes are now cold and looked at her with anger. "Do you think I'm that selfish? Do you think I will drag you to this? Why can't you just accept the fact that we broke up? That we're just here because you wanted me to pretend to be your boyfriend for the last time instead I should be with jess taking care of her and the damn pregnancy?"

Luhan's words struck Dara like lightning, yes, she plead to pretend, but no, she's head over heels to him and it hurts so much. "I love you Luhan, I know you love me too." 

Luhan sighed, Does it matter now if I love you to death Dee? "can we just… Dee I don't want you to hurt more than this. It kills me to see you in this state and it kills me more to know that it was all because of my stupidity. Let's just pretend for the last time. Let me hold you." 

Luhan reached foe Dara's arms and pulled her in his chest. He let her hold him like her life depends on him. It is hurting him too, as much as it hurts her.

"I guess we should part ways with light hearts… maybe break ups are not as bad as I thought." Dara said against his chest. She realized that there was someone who needs him and she won't hold him do his responsibility as a father to his child.

"I wish you all the best, really. And I hope everything will turn out fine." Luhan felt a slight smile formed on her lips before she pushed herself away from him. "Thank you for the happy memories and this. I appreciate it " Dara held the car door and opened it, she gently got off of his car with a smile on her face.

"You don't have to bring me home. I know you have to be somewhere else. " Dara said and closed the car's door. Luhan stared at her for a minute hesitant to leave her alone in front of the restaurant.

As soon as Luhan's car is nowhere in sight, Dara collapsed on the floor, tears flowing down her cheeks profusely.

"Break up doesn't always mean its the end, sometimes its one way of having a new beggining of your life." Dara looked up to see a handsome guy standing in front of her. His smiles are warm, warmer than luhan's and his dimple is deep and lovely. "Don't fret. I hate girls cry especially as beautiful as you. I'm Zhang Yixing but you can call me Lay."

Dara accepted the handkerchief he was offering and stood up. 

"You are right…" This is the new beginning of my life. No more pretending.

 

After a year Dara bumped someone at the hotel lobby. She lost her balance and almost fell on the floor with her face first but strong arms catched and and prevent her from damanging her beautiful face. "I'm sorry, I should have looked in front of me." Dara bowed as soon as she regained her balance.

"Dee?"

A familiar voice registered in her brain, she looked up and shocked to see him standing in front of her still handsome as the last time he saw him. "L..Lu..Luhan?"

Luhan chuckled, "Yes. How are you?"

"I'm fine." She smiled. "How about you? Jessica and your baby?" 

Dara knew that asking that will trigger the pain she burried in her heart but she have to know so she can completely move on. She noticedhis face turned grim, dark and betrayed. "That..." Luhan mumbled. "The baby wasn't mine it was from someone but she lied to me. I know that it wasn't mine but the responsibility is there." he paused. "I could deny it Dee but what if the kid is really mine? I'm not an to knock someone and throw them like a garbage." 

Dara nodded her head. She knew Luhan have a kind heart and when he did something wrong he will do anything to correct it. "I can't say that its a good thing but it is good to hear about it." 

Luhan smiled at her, "Yes. Dee, can I ask you something?" 

"Sure, what is it?" 

"Can we.. no, Dee, I want to ask you this as soon as I knew about Jessica's scheme but I can't get a hold of you and how to contact you. I wanted to know if.. Dee, do you still love me? Because my love for you doesn't change it even gets stronger."

Dara looked at him and remembered Lay's words. Break up doesn't always mean its the end, sometimes its one way of having a new beggining of your life. "It's okay, you don't have to answer that. I just wanted to know if you still feel the same like I do right now but I can't blame you if you don't feel the same anymore." 

"I never stopped loving you." Dara whispered. "I tried, oh god, Luhan I tried to forget you but I can't." 

Tears started flowing on her cheeks, overwhelmed at Luhan's sudden appearance and knowing his true feelings after a long time. Dara looked exactly like she was one year ago, inside Luhan's car in front of Lotte World. Luhan hugged her tightly and this time he won't leave her again. Not again. 

"Let's be together again Dee, just like we used to - no more pretending. I'm in love you."

Dara nodded, "No more pretending, I'm in love with you too.