Bestfriend and Love

EOS

BESTFRIEND AND LOVE

 

♥Jaedara♥


Soft melodies coming from the guitar was heard inside Dara's room. She haven't gone out of the room since something happened between her and Jiyong. A faint knock echoed at her lifeless room, the curtains blocked the sunlights and the only light she has is from the television. Dara stops strumming her guitar and looked solemnly at her tightly closed door, she sighed. "Who is it?" 

"It's Jae." She heard him mumbled at the other side of the door. A moment later the door creaked open revealing Jaejoong with his casual outfit. 

"Why are you here?" 

Jae glared at her. "Why am I here? You must be joking." He spat. "Don't expect me to watch you wrecking yourself by locking yourself inside your room. What the hell is wrong with you, huh? Tell me Dee, because I can't understand you right now. I want you to make me understand this or else. Your mom and your brothers Hanbin and Jinhwan are worried sick of you. Don't you know that? Are you that selfish, huh?" 

Jae's harsh words hurts her even more, she stayed quiet listening to Jae's lecture. She knew she needed that but in the back of her mind, she wants to be alone until she sort our everything that confuses her. "Just.. go Jae." Dara said not wanting to hear Jae's voice a little more and see him.

"You know what Dee? You're right." That's the last words she heard from Jae, he walked out of the room as quickly as he went in and closed the door quietly. 

Dara sighed and hugged Tam tamie. "What really is right, Jae? I'm really confused. I wish I could tell you but I can't." She looked at the door, she knew Jae left already. She wanted to take back her words and let him come inside but it's no use. Everything is said and done. 

Week ago....

Dara is seated at the green part of the soccer field, watching their school soccer players practice for their game. She watched Jiyong's every move and soft chuckles escaped her lips everytime she was caught looking at him. "Silly, dragon." She mumbled before proceeding to read the book Jae had given her.

"In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." 

Dara felt something tugged her heart. Something unfamiliar sparks inside her and Dara's minds flew to Jaejoong's flawless face smiling genuinely at her. She blushed madly and clutched the book tightly against her chest before noticing Jiyong's eyes stares at her knowingly. She blinked twice and her goofy smile came back to her face again.

"Sorry, I haven't noticed you there. I'm quite lost with my thoughts for a little while." Dara said and pats the space beside her. "Sit. You're tired right?"

Jiyong smiled but it never reaches his ears this time and Dara failed to notice it. Ji takes a quick glance at Dara's book, he knew exactly who gaver it to her, he sighed. "Hey, I've been thinking about this for a while now." He stops when he felt Dara's gaze landed on him. A faint smile spread accross his lips. "I still don't feel everything is good enough. I mean, I'm here at your side but your minds wanders everytime. It's like you're physically here but your soul and heart are not." Dara frowned at Jiyong's words. She's lost.

"Confused?" He laughed bitterly. Jiyong kindly held Dara's hands and intertwined their fingers like they used too since they started dating. "I'm selfish do you know that? I know who your heart wants but I want you too for myself. I used your kindness make you agree to date me. At first I was sure that I can erase him in your heart but I can't." 

"Why are we having this kind of conversation, Ji?" Dara asked him confusely. "And who are you talking about? You know I love you, do you have any doubt?"

Jiyong agreed, "You do. You love me but not as much as you love Jaejoong." Dara chuckled hearing Jae's words. "You're jealous at my bestfriend?" She asked him in disbelief but Jiyong shook his head. "No, because in the very beginning it was him. I have no doubt of your love, Dee. It's just..." He sighed and turn his face to her. Tears suddenly escaped his eyes that once sparkly when they talked face to face.

"Can't you blame me to at least try, right?" He said before stopping Dee from wiping his tears away. "Don't wipe them for me, these tears are my feelings for you. Let them flow out or I will really break." Dara's heart clenched painfully. So painful that she felt numb for a second. 

"Did I really love him as much as you told me?" She can't believe. Dara acknowledge her feelings towards Jae is pure friendship, that she admires him in for everything. She's her saviour, protector and partner in crime but loving him more as a friend didn't occur in her mind, not even once. 

"You're blinded by your beliefs that you just admire him only as a friend." Jiyong stood up and dusted his pants. "I really have fun hanging out with you but this is the time I have to let us go, for both sakes. Don't blame yourself, okay? We're just never ment to be, I just simply borrow a short time to be with you."

Dara opened but no words came out. She wants to stop Jiyong but her body won't move. It's like she's paralize for the moment, watching him turn his back on her, "Don't be confuse Dee, accept what you feel for him and you will feel that I was right. Look at the larger picture, don't focus yourself in your friendship. It's not late, I think he's waiting for you too." He winked and waved good bye for the last time before joining his soccer members for practice again.

"Do I really... love Jae?"

 Back in the present...

Dara sighed and shot up from her bed. Silently Jae left the room and Dara woke from her chaotic thoughts. Her eyes landed on the last book Jae had given her. Pride and Prejudice. "I do really love him." She whispered to herself before grabbing the book from the coffee table and opened the book marked page. "I'm just scared to acknowledge my feelings for him because of our friendship. Oh god!" 

She took her sweater from the hanger and ran downstairs shocking her mom and the twins at the living room. Dara shot them an apologetic stare and stops briefly. "Mom! Hanbin, Jinhwan, I know I have to apologize about my actions but I need to do something first." 

Hanbin chuckled. "Jae hyung just got out of the door. You can still catch him." Jinhwan nodded his head, "Yeah, you should stop getting angry at hyung, he's just to kind and I can't believe Jae hyung still hang out with you." 

"If that'sreally important, off you go. I'm sure you have good reasons because of your actions." 

Dara smiled and ran outside the house as fast as she could to catch Jae but only an empty lawn greeted her. She slumped on the ground, "Jae is there everytim I needed him, and now I have to pay him back."

She walked to the house in front of her and rang the door bell. Jae's voice echoed at the receiver and Dara's shaking voice replied back to him. He immediately opened the door scared that something happened to Dara only to find out that she is fine and strong enough to threw her body against Jae.

Jaejoong was startled at Dara's action, he held her body tight so she won't fall off. "I'm so sorry, Jae. I'm confused and I don't know what to do. I swear I tried to talk about this to you but I can't bring myself because everything evolves with you." Dara speak so fast that Jae can't understand half of what she said. "Huh, what?"

Dara pushed her body away from him and Jae gently put Dara in her toes. "The past few days, Jiyong and I talked. He told me that its you I love not him. I was confused at first because you're just afriend to me. But after thinking of how you looked at me with these eyes." Dara's finger tips brushes to Jaejoong's eyes. "They twinkled like stars, they looked happy and in love which I failed to notice because I was blinded by our friendship."

Jaejoong remained silent, listening to her words. "I love you, I do! But when I realized about it I was scared that you might not feel the same way that is why I pushed you away when you walked in my room earlier. I'm scared that you only see me as a friend, scared to feel the same pain when I see Jiyong's tears slide down his eyes because of my uncleared feelings for you." 

Dara opened but Jaejoong's finger tip stops her from speaking, his face is filled with gentleness as he looks down at her. "I didn't know you're confuse so much until you said it to me today."

Dara brushed Jaejoong's finger away, "Let me speak first." She continued. "Jae, now I know why I love a certain quotation in the last book I received from you. "In vain I have struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you." If I give you a chance to tell me what's in your heart, will you tell me?"

Jaejoong laughed and nodded his head, "It took you so long to noticed me, every book I gave you has something to tell about my feelings for you. And not you have given me the chance to say my feelings out loud without risking to get friendzoned maybe I will." He held Dara's hands and looks her straight in the eyes. "I'm in love with you the moment I laid eyes on you, I fell deeper when you let me hear your sweet voice and head over heels when you give me the prettiest smile on your face." Jae stopped speaking and take his time staring at Dara's beautiful bare face.

"Will you be my bestfrien- "

Dara frowned and cut him, "What? I thought you don't want to get friendzone and you're friendzoning me?" She asked him in disbelief. Jaejoong chuckled and hush his little pretty rabbit. 

"I'm not finished yet, you're so eager do you know that? What I'm saying is, Will you be my bestfriend and Love?" 

Dara laughed and landed a soft punched at Jae's forearm. "Silly, do you still have to ask me that? I thought I'd clear my feelings for you." 

"I still have to ask you that, so your answer?"

"Yes, I will be your Bestfriend and Love."


Short note♥

Sorry for not updating frequently.