CH03 - Embarassed

y y Boo

Haein and I are having our quality time together in my house. After all the promotions, we finally got our break. It's only for a week but I'll make sure to use all my time to be with Haein. I may not be too expressive but I love being with her. I love her.

I was sitting at the sofa as I’m watching Phineas and Ferb. Haein was walking towards the kitchen before I grabbed her waist and pulled her to sit on my lap.

“Let me cook for today.”. She eyed me as if I said something wrong.

“Fine. I know you’re just worried that I might ruin the egg again.”, she sighed before pouting her lips. And my girlfriend is using her aegyo again.

I quickly kissed her on the lips and it made her pout go away. I knew she couldn’t resist me.

"Are you even embarassed that you kissed me on the first date?", she asked me as she poke my sides. I was taken aback by her sudden throwback.

"Hmmm", I eyed her in confusion, "What's with the sudden question?". I don't have to answer anyway since it's already in the past. We've been together for months, does my answer even matter?

She lightly pinched my cheek before saying, "Im just curious."

I laughed, "Do you think that me, the Almighty Key, can get embarassed?"

She raised an eyebrow at me. I gulped. I didnt get embarrassed, did I?


Flashback

"YOU DID WHAT?", Taemin shrieked as I told him what happened earlier at the cafe. "Hyung! You just asked her out for coffee, THEN NOW YOU'RE TELLING ME YOU KISSED HER? HOW- WHAT- ARGH!"

"Calm down Taem", Onew patted the maknae's back. "Do you like that girl?". Hyung’s right though. He won’t be acting that way if he doesn’t like her.

Taemin stopped stomping his feet and stared blankly at Onew. Bingo. “NO!”, he defended.

“Then why are you overly protective over her?”, I asked our little Taeminnie who’s face unexplainable.

The lad creased his eyebrows at me before messing up his hair out of frustration. “She’s my best friend! Ofcourse I’d be overly protective! AISH!”

I put my arms over his petite shoulders. “So I guess, I can court her then?”. Being a frank guy I am, I dont wan’t complicated s thats why I asked right away.

I felt his shoulders flattened. I could feel his disappointment. “Hyung, it’s not that I dont like you but-”

“But what?”, I cut him off. “Am I not good enough for her?”. I said that for him to spill out the truth. This is actually the first time I’m showing them my “sensitive” side. They’ve known me for years and they’ve only seen all the good in me. As the guy they know, I won’t dare to say that coz I’m the almighty Key! I’m not just GOOD ENOUGH, I’m the guy who’s always “too good” for ‘ya.

“He’s my bestfriend, okay? And I don’t think she’s ready for a relationship since she never had one, atleast not yet.”, Taemin sighed.

I walked towards him and patted his shoulder for assurance. “Don’t worry. I’ll make sure I’ll be her first and last”.

“Kibum Oppa, Marry me~ Kyaaaaa”, Jonghyun shrieked before glomping at me. I laughed at his silliness before pushing him away, “ off”

“For a moment you sounded like a leading man from a drama, and now you’re being the usual jerk.”, he stated, raising up his middle finger to my face while laughing.

“So, what’s your plan now?”, Minho butted in. He’s been lying in the couch, playing with his PSP the whole time so I thought he’s not listening to our little discussion. Turned out that I was wrong.

I sat down next to Minho and crossed my legs. “Taem, give me her number”.

“How about a ‘Taem, can you PLEASE give me her number?’”, the maknae whined, emphasizing the word ‘please’. He grabbed his favorite banana milk from the fridge and gulped it down in one go. “Don’t expect me to give it easily to you after harassing my best friend”, he said trying to warn me with a stain of milk at the corner of his lips.

I scoffed at his failure of being manly. “Look, It’s not called harassment when she liked it”. The others cooed at my comment. “Hell yeeeeea!”, Jonghyun gave me a high-five out of amusement. I laughed at their reaction. Taemin shook his head in disapproval. I can sense that our kiddo likes my girl since this is the first time he’s against my favor. He’s more of a supportive maknae.

Taemin walked to his room and came back minutes later with his phone. He threw his phone in my lap. “Just promise me that you won’t hurt her.”

“Call”, I smirked. I saw the sign of uneasiness in his face and I knew that it was against his will.

 


 

As soon as I got Haein’s number, I rushed back to my room. I laid down my bed and strared at the screen of my phone. 30 minutes have passed and I still can’t get myself to call her. “What happened to your confidence Kibum? Just press the call button and get this over with!”, I scolded myself.

Another 5 minutes passed by and I still found myself staring at her name on my phone. What should I tell her? ‘Hello, this is Key and I cant help but think about you ever since I met you’? Hell no. That sounded like I’m too desperate. ‘Hey, about the kiss, I just got mesmerized by you that’s why I couldnt help it’?. Naaaah. I don’t want to sound like I’m head-over-heels for her. Though, I think I do. “ this , I’ll call her”.

As I was about to press the call button, the image of me kissing her at the cafe popped out of my head. I felt my blood rushed to my head. “Oh God Key, what have you done?”, I groaned as I bury my face on my pillow. “How am I supposed to talk to her now?”

It’s not that I regret my actions but I just kissed my ideal girl on the first date. “What if I creeped her out?”, I facepalmed myself. “Should I still call her? Will she answer? Will she still like me?”. I sat up and ruined my hair in frustration. I threw my phone at the end of the room as the thought of her rejecting me came across my mind.

“Hello?”, I heard a faint voice speak somewhere in the room. I rushed to pick up my phone and there I saw her name. I must’ve accidentally called her when I threw my phone. “”, I blurted out.

“Excuse me?”, she asked on the the other line. I mentally cursed myself.

“Uhm-, Hey. This is Key”, I said as calm as I can be. “I got your number from Taemin”. Good job, Kibum. Try your best not to show her how embarrassed you are.

There was a long pause before she spoke again. “Oh hey-, so.. Can I help you with something?”. I can feel that she’s uncomfortable talking to me. Am I doomed?

“Are you free this saturday?”, I asked with a cold tone. I want to be dominant so as much as possible I don’t want her to know my true feelings. It’s not because I’m a jerk but I’m just afraid that she’ll get sick of the idea of me once she knew me better. “I have an exclusive ticket here for the premiere night of Train to Busan but the others are too busy to go.”

“So….?”, she asked waiting for me to continue.

I gulped as I gather all my courage to ask her out. This is my chance to prove her that I’m not a ert. “Will you come watch with me?”

I heaved a deep sigh as I successfully delivered the question without stuttering. For a few seconds, there was silence. “Hello?”, I spoke to make sure that she haven’t hung up on me.

“Sure. I’ll see you on Saturday then.”, as soon as I heard her answer, I threw my fist up the sky. I started jumping up and down without trying to make any noise.

It’s your time to shine, Kibum.