Chapter 6

{INCOMPLETE} Long Live the King
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Kyuhyun felt nothing. Nothing.

Ryeowook was gone, taken by the bastard who took the throne. And now Kyuhyun didn’t know what to do, because the hope that Ryeowook was on the way to Ileun was the only thing keeping him going. Without that hope, what was there to live for?

He could vaguely register Seohyun dabbing at his forehead with a wet cloth, asking him questions, but he couldn’t remember answering. “Your Majesty, are you all right?” Kyuhyun groaned and waved her off. And then she was gone, replaced by a silent and haggard looking Heechul, which was a surprise to him, because he was expecting a screaming Heechul berating him for leaving his younger brother behind.

Heechul slumped into a seat beside Kyuhyun’s bed, normally elegant and perfect hair all mussed up and ruffled. He sighed and ran a slender hand through his hair. "...Nothing?" Kyuhyun croaked. "No yelling, no shouting?"

The older man looked at him through his bangs, normally bright and sparkling eyes dead and devoid of life. "I know there wasn't anything you could do." Heechul finally said. "You did your best, and that's all that matters."

Kyuhyun frowned and began to push himself up, but Heechul reached out an arm to stop him. "Now you should leave the work to me." When Kyuhyun just stared at him in confusion, Heechul just sighed and swept his bangs out of his face. "As Ryeowook's brother, I'm going to go the capital and vouch for his innocence."

"Jaewon won't let you do that!" Kyuhyun protested.

Heechul winced. "I know, but I won't forgive myself if I don't try."

 

Minho and Yoogeun came in next. As soon as Minho put Yoogeun down, the toddler scrambled up onto Kyuhyun’s bed, seating himself right by Kyuhyun’s side. “Kyuhyun-hyung,” Yoogeun said, plump lips downturned into a frown that didn’t suit his childlike face. “Are you okay?”

Kyuhyun forced himself to smile and gently patted Yoogeun’s head. “I’m all right, just a bit dizzy.” Minho frowned at him and moved to sit on the bed as well. Kyuhyun looked at Yoogeun and smirked. “Did your Minho-appa bring you in here so I would spill the beans?”

Yoogeun nodded enthusiastically and Minho gasped in mock hurt, clutching at his heart. “Traitor!”

Kyuhyun tried hard, he really did, but he just couldn't hold back his laughter and he doubled over, guffawing loudly. Minho let out an undignified screech and lunged for the elder, fingers reaching for the king's ticklish sides.

Shrieking, Yoogeun threw himself on top of the tussling pair and began beating at Minho's back. "Minho-appa stop! Ryeowook-hyung isn't here to fix his hair!"

The men froze, but Yoogeun kept babbling. "Kyuhyun-hyung,when is Ryeowook-hyung coming over? I miss him!” Minho gingerly pushed himself off of the man and pulled Yoogeun into his arms, still chattering away. “My friends say that hyung isn’t coming, but he is, right?”

“Yoogeun...”

Yoogeun had lost his happy expression and was now staring at Kyuhyun in wide eyed terror, tears gathering at the corner of his big eyes. “Dayoung-noona says that Ryeowook-hyung isn’t coming home, but that’s not true, right?” Minho picked up the child and began to walk out of the room, softly shushing the boy.

“Kyuhyun-hyung!” Yoogeun screamed. “Ryeowook-hyung is safe, right? He has to be!”

Kyuhyun said nothing as Minho carried Yoogeun out of the room, kicking and screaming and sobbing loudly.

 

Sungmin dragged himself in and plopped himself down on the floor, completely missing the chair by Kyuhyun's bed. "Is Yoogeun all right?" he asked. Kyu

Please log in to read the full chapter