Chapter One。

Lady Avengers。》 A Group of New Heroes
  friday, that's alright。
   chapter one...
tumblr_nlbly5Iyeu1tlr7uno5_400.png tumblr_nlbly5Iyeu1tlr7uno5_400.png

I'm bringin' y back

Them other boys don't know how to act

I think it's special, what's behind your back

So turn around and I'll pick up the slack

The earbuds jingled slightly from around the older woman’s neck as she bobbed her head to the music. The volume was turned up loud so she could hear every lyric coming from the tiny white buds. Even though she wasn’t wearing them in her ear, she could still hear them. Kendall Simmons pumped her fist full heartily in front of the vending machine while laughing at her own reflection from the glass of the machine. She tended to make the craziest faces when she was really into the music or in the mood. Giving a ludicrous duck face, she paused her music on her phone.

The twenty-eight-year-old punched a few buttons on the vending machine and waited patiently watching her late-night snack fall from the metal coils of the top row. Kendall mouth watered as she hungrily grabbed the bag of roasted peanuts. This was the price she paid for eating healthy and the archer had stuck with it for so long. Plus, where the hell was the rest of the people she was waiting for. Kendall had been invited to Stark’s Women’s Bash and yet she couldn’t go yet until she debriefed with the agents she was on an assignment with. Annoyed, the older woman ripped the top of the package off the peanuts and she threw a couple in . She honestly didn’t want peanuts she wanted the top-notch food that she knew Stark was serving.

She sighs and looked back up and almost let out a small shriek when she saw a small figure staring back at her in the vender machine glass. Clutching her heaving chest, Kendall turned around facing one of the other agents that she was assigned to work with. The girl was smiling as she pushed back the released strains of hair that fell in her face. Her smile was much memorable with a dimple on her left cheek. The girl had a black bow slung across her back that was much similar to her and another agent that was working with her.

“Emma Jang!” Kendall shouted

She was definitely frustrated at the twenty-three-year-old who gave her a slight heart attack and more at herself for not noticing her sooner. But mostly irritated about how some of the small peanuts were wasted on the floor. She pursed her lips and glared at the agent. The other archer shrugged her shoulders walking past the irritated woman and into the office Kendall shared with her partner Jessica Jung.

“Hey I didn’t want to stop your epic dancing.” Emma laughed mocking Kendall’s fist pump.

Kendall rolled her eyes and slipped past the other girl. She set the deflated bag of peanuts which only had a few in it left.

So much for a snack. Kendall thought flopping into her desk chair.

She rubbed her temples focusing on the black and yellow notepad she had opened for the notes she was going to take on some left over files. But, the woman had never gotten to it, considering she was reading text previously before getting a snack.

“Where’s the rest of the crew?” Kendall asked closing the notebook and turning around to face the other archer.

“They’re around.” Emma said dropping her bow in a chair and her other gear. “Naema, Isabella and Ekaterina are getting ready for the party.”

“Thanks for the heads up.” Kendall scowled folding her arms. She had been stuck in her office reading over case files of criminals and had no one to interrogate. That was, according to Kendall, a very boring week.

a hand through her hair, she started cleaning up her desk and shutting down her computer. She picked up her coat and turned towards Emma who was shoving her bow and arrows into a black case. The younger woman looked up, eyeing Kendall with raised eyebrows.

“I’m gonna get ready.” Kendall smiled twirling her keys in her hand.

“I’ll there in a little bit.” Emma responded going back to putting her equipment away.

Kendall shrugged her shoulders, she leaned against the doorframe watching the younger girl. She was different than Kendall with her bow and arrow. Emma Jung was more about precision and straight clean shots. Where else, Kendall was about wowing everyone with her stunts, that is when she was out on the field. They were different yet, worked good together.

A soft click was heard and the bones cracking as Emma got up from her kneeing position. Carrying the big case in one hand and in the other was her keycard. Kendall smiled and closed her office door.

“So um promise me.” Emma Jung spoke following the older woman up the steps.

“Promise you what?” Kendall ask dropping her keycard in her cardigan pocket.

“That when we get to this party, you won't tell everyone they have a nice .” The other archer spoke putting her hands on her hip.

The other woman stopped walking and looked at the younger girl. She bit her lip, keeping the smirk from spreading across her face. She chewed on her lip watching Emma raise her eyebrow.

“Nah, drunk Kendall is not coming out tonight.” Kendall laughed smacking the other girl on the back.

“Thanks Kenny.” Emma grunted her hands flying to her shoulder where she rubbed her sore spot.

Kendall gave her a thumbs up before throwing her hands behind her head and continues walking beside the other archer. It was Friday night and it was time to let go.

AUTHOR'S NOTE Hey there, sweetcheeks! I don't know what to say for my long absence, but life's a right now. With school and other responsibilities I have, it's been tough. The story kicks off with the two archers but from Kendall's POV. After my computer deleted the other first chapter, this one was actually sitting in my drafts for quite some time but considering the amount of school work I had. I never actually got around to posting it. Now you may be wondering, Melina why the hell is there two ‘Archers’ in this chapter? Well, one, I can do that and two because I have a plan.  I hope you like the first chapter. Sorry if it's a little hard to read or bad but I'm really trying to get back into the swing of writing and basically my writing at this point is 'What are words?'. So yeah, I'm sorry if it's quite underpar to what you usually read. 

On another note, who the hell is ready for Power Rangers! It looks really good and I hope it does great too. Happy Friday guys!