Drabble 5

Sunshine for a Wallflower

Hyomin held her lover's hand, tracing small figures on the back of it attempting to comfort the other. Her face was a mix of extreme happiness and extreme sadness.

 
"I'm sorry." 
Hyomin said simply, embracing the other and burying her face on the crook of the other's neck, not wanting her lover to look at her. 
 
"Sorry? For what?"
 A questioning and worried look was thrown at Hyomin.
 
"For not being able to give you a proper wedding... I'm sorry Sunny, I wish I could actually marry you in front of a lot of people but I can't."
Hyomin let out her worries to the other girl as she cried softly, the hot tears staining the dress of the other. Sunny just held her, letting her calm down, Sunny managed to make Hyomin look up so she could take the opportunity and kiss her.
 
"It's ok. So many reasons why we can't get married the 'right way' and you still proposed to me. That made me realize how much you love me, and how much I love you. We may be both girls, and our love may be looked at wrongly by everyone else, but I love you more than anything or anyone. And that's all that matters."
Sunny said, looking at the eyes of her fiancée lovingly. A soft 'I love you too' escaped Hyomin's lips between light sobs, she was holding tighter into Sunny's hands before having to let go of them. Hyomin clumsily reached into her pockets to take out a modest silver ring, it wasn't much but it was the best she could get with the money her photography job for her. Sunny reached into her own pockets much more calmly and confident, taking out a simple gold ring. Rather nervously the two of them exchanged the wedding rings, and shared a loving kiss in the altar of the empty church.