dandelions in his hair

the adventures of toocool!chanyeol and flowerboy!baekhyun

“Aren’t you hot in that?” Baekhyun asked. “Of course I am, haven’t you seen me?” Chanyeol replied, striking a pose. Baekhyun laughed, and Chanyeol asked, “Anyway, where’re we going?”

 

He was really hot. Would he admit it to Baekhyun? No. The little one would just relentlessly, all because he had the foresight to check the weather forecast beforehand and come dressed in shorts and a t-shirt. Chanyeol, though, in his black skinny jeans and black band tee, was dying.

 

“You’ll find out!” Baekhyun yelled, skipping ahead on the trail, almost begging Chanyeol to chase after him. He didn’t, though, because: 1. He was too cool to skip, and 2. His jeans were too tight. He could barely bend his knees to walk, but damn, he looked good. Baekhyun stopped when he was more than an arm’s length in front of Chanyeol, and started walking backwards, sticking his tongue out. He looked like a little kid, and Chanyeol fought off the urge to smile. Chanyeol was cool, and cool guys didn’t smile, not even at little kids that they wanted to hug and protect from the entire world.

 

His pants were covered in dust from the trail, and he was hot. Really hot.

 

 

“We’re here!” Baekhyun cried, after Chanyeol had lost track of the time. “What do you mean,  ‘we’re here’? This is literally what we’ve been walking by for the past hour.” “We’ve only been walking for fifteen minutes, Chanyeol.” “Same thing.”

 

They were at a field. A big, dusty field. Chanyeol was not impressed.

 

“Don’t you get it, Chanyeol? There’s so much we can do here!” Chanyeol snorted, and asked “Like what? Look at the dirt?” Baekhyun frowned, and Chanyeol instantly regretted being sarcastic. “Sure… If you want to…” “I was just kidding, Baek. What do you want to do?” He sat down in a patch of grass, but Baekhyun remained standing, a deep frown on his face.

 

“Are you alright?” Chanyeol asked, a little worried. “I’m sorry for being sarcastic.” “No… I’m just thinking. I don’t actually know why I brought you out here, I just wanted to spend time with you.”

 

Suddenly Chanyeol doesn’t mind the heat. He doesn’t mind that his nice, new pants are covered in dirt; he doesn’t mind that there isn’t a damn thing to do in this field except sit and look at rocks. All he wants to do is hold Baekhyun and put the smile back on his chubby little face.

 

He didn’t, because cool guys don’t have feelings.

 

Baekhyun sat down beside Chanyeol, and picked a small dandelion, one that hadn’t sprouted seeds yet. He was still frowning as he looked at the flower, slowly turning it around and around in his hand. He stopped turning it as a small smile formed on his face, and he turned to Chanyeol. Chanyeol watched, eyes wide, as Baekhyun brushed his hair back and wound the flower into his (obviously dyed) hair. His smile grew as he searched on the ground for more dandelions to twist into Chanyeol’s hair.

 

Cool guys don’t fall in love with small, flower-loving boys, but then again, Chanyeol isn’t very cool, is he?