The Blood

Goddess of Night: The Vampire Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Ji Hyo slowly opened her eyes, and her head felt so heavy as if she's wearing a helmet made out of stone. The room was a bit dark with only a shade of light penetrating through the windows, so it was hard for her to guess the time. Ji Hyo tried to recall her recent memory before she fainted, but the image was quite blurry. The last thing she remembered was standing next to a grave with the vampire prince, and he suddenly walked away in a rush. "Aish! What's happening to me?" she massaged her forehead to ease the pain, but the thought of becoming the night creature made her shiver. Ji Hyo never felt so weak, as if she hadn't been eating for ages. Her stomach started to make a sound, "Ah yeah, I haven't had my dinner."

 

With all her might, the waitress got up from her bed and slowly dragging her feet to the door. She carefully opened it without making a sound, because she didn't want Mark or Kai to know that she's awake. Taking a small step at a time, she found her own way to the kitchen, but her heart was telling her not to go there. 'Why am I feeling this way?' she questioned herself, yet she decided to ignore her anxiety and walked into the kitchen area. Unfortunately, she saw something that she wasn't supposed to, so Ji Hyo screamed at the top of her lungs. It was horrifying for her to watch the vampire brothers sunk in their fangs into the neck of a woman, who seems to have lost conscious and couldn't fight for her life. Seeing how terrified the queen was, Kai immediately let go of his victim and calling her name in panic. Ji Hyo was too scared to stay, so she ran away in fear with every strength left in her body. But she couldn't match the speed of the vampire and the next thing she knew he's already holding her tightly in his arms.

 

"Where are you going? You're supposed to stay in bed!" Kai tried to stop the queen from struggling to break free. "Let me go! Please.. please don't kill me," she begged for her life as she's getting weaker in his cuddle. Kai hushed the waitress, "It's not what you think. We're trying to save you." Ji Hyo didn't buy in his justification, "Liar! You'll kill me just like those poor women!". Her accusation made him raised his voice, "Yaa! If I want to kill you.. I would have done it long before! Can't you just trust me?!". He felt that she's started to lose her strength, unable to resist him. Kai slowly removing his hands from her and looking straight into her eyes, "Please don't misunderstand us. There are things that we have to do in order to survive in this world.. and what you just saw is only one of them. But we're not feeding on her, we're saving

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter