The Confrontation

Goddess of Night: The Vampire Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kai was startled by the sound of someone clapping. His eyes were redirected to the stairs, where he saw Mark entering the dungeon with an evil smile on his face. Walking next to him was none other than Cheon Seong-im, who was clinging on his brother's arm like a 'woman in love'. Kai was filled with hatred towards the two vampires, and he wished that he wasn't tide up to the chain so he could take them down with his own might. Mark ended his footstep in front of Kai's cell, "Yaa.. look at you. Still trying to be a hero even when you couldn't save yourself."

 

He knew that Mark was intentionally provoking his anger, and Seong-im was there to fire up the rage within him. "You're a coward.. Mark! You had to lock me up instead of confronting me like a real prince," Kai mocked the Prince of Death, hoping that he would take up the challenge and unlock his chain. But the vampire prince was only laughing at his words, "Why do I need to confront you? You will be gone anyway once we have the queen." 

 

"Don't you dare touch the queen! I'm going to destroy you for that!" Kai exploded in anger, and at the same time trying to break free from the chain. Mark and Seong-im were amused by his reaction, as they were expecting for Kai to unleash the monster inside of him. "Ooh dear.. should we be afraid of you?" Seong-im childishly teasing the angry vampire while laughing naughtily at him. Mark was very pleased with the way she had responded, "I don't think that's necessary.. my love. We're not the one in chain."

 

The evil couple left the dungeon with full satisfaction, knowing that their plan was falling into place. Before he closed the door, Mark gave a painful message to Kai, "Your precious queen will be here soon. So prepare to say your final words to her." Kai began to feel vulnerable and hopeless from inside the cell, unable to break free and protect the one he loved from the danger. The only way for him to get out from the dungeon was when Ji Hyo arrived at the dark palace, but he wasn't prepare to see the woman sacrifice herself in order to save him and Ji Min.

 

Being in a 'life-or-death' situation, Kai reevaluated his priority and began to realized something. He truly loves her - he loved the queen more than his immortal life. Because of that, he made a choice. A very difficult choice that he knew he wouldn't regret. "Ji Min aah.. are you there?" Kai checked on the woman in the next cell. He was glad that she replied to his question, so he continued with his words, "Once you and Ji Hyo leave this place for good.. will you help me to tell her something?".

 

Ji Min was confused with Kai's request, but she listened carefully to what he was about to say. The vampire prince explained the message in detail to Ji Min, then thanked her for helping him to be the messenger. "But.. why do you need me to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter