The Decision

Goddess of Night: The Vampire Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The woman in Mark's hands regained her conscious and started to growl in pain. Ji Hyo could see the fear in her eyes, as Mark threatened to kill the poor woman if she made a noise. "What are you waiting for? Just feed on this human now!" Mark had lost his patient. Though she was afraid of the vampire brothers, but Ji Hyo decided to spare the woman's life and refused to drink her blood. "As your queen.. I command you to let her go," she tried her luck to save the woman. Kai couldn't believe what she just did, "Ji Hyo.. my queen, you can't risk your life for that woman! She'll not be able to survive even if we let her go!". "Never ask me to take away an innocent life! I'd rather die than becoming a monster like you!" the waitress raised her voice as a warning to Kai and his brother.

 

Mark burst out his evil laugh, "You're not yet a queen until you become the 'monster' that you hate.. so you can't tell us what to do with the human." Immediately Mark broke the woman's neck and let go of her dead body. Ji Hyo was startled by his action, as she didn't expect that Mark would kill the woman in an instant. Kai spontaneously wrapped the queen in his cuddle - trying to avoid her from trembling in fear. It was indeed a horrifying scene for any human, and he understood how she felt about vampires from that moment onwards. Kai was very disappointed with Mark's hasty decision, so he gave him an intense stare. "I'll take you home, my queen. You shouldn't be here for now," Kai decided to send Ji Hyo away from his brother, because he couldn't trust him with the way he treated the waitress. "Geurae! Let's see if she is safer out there with werewolves running around waiting to kill her!" Mark threatened his brother to change his mind, but Kai just ignored him and walked out from the dark palace with Ji Hyo.

 

Halfway after they left the place, Ji Hyo freed her hand from Kai. "You don't have to send me home. I can find my way back," she refused to let Kai accompany her, but the vampire prince kept following her footstep. She turned to him and gave him a serious look, "I've said that I don't want you to come with me! Don't you understand?!". Kai put up his blank face, "Who's following you? It happened to be that we're heading to the same direction!". "Aish.. this guy! Do you think I'd believe that?" Ji Hyo was despised by his behaviour and decided to change her direction. When he realized that Ji Hyo was not heading towards her house, Kai immediately asked where she was going. "Wae? You want to tag along? Forget it!" she shouted at him to which startled the vampire prince.

 

Although he knew that Ji Hyo was no

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter