final

no doubt

yesterday was the 15th of february. which means baekhyun and chanyeol had just celebrated their 12th anniversary.

baekhyun snuggles on the warmth that is his boyfriend, chanyeol, and sleepily cracks one eye open. 12 years, and chanyeol hasn't proposed to him.

baekhyun frowns.

and so? they're happy, they're living together, baekhyun tells himself for the nth time that chanyeol will propose to him, just wait. he's known to be a patient person anyways.

but every anniversaries, (after their 5th) baekhyun had been waiting since.

when will the right time-- for chanyeol, that is-- will come?

when will he, if he's planning to, propose to baekhyun?

 

baekhyun's mind is reeling from the possibilities. what if chanyeol doesn't find him attractive anymore? what if he's so used to be with him that he’s getting sick and tired of baekhyun? what if he realized--twelve years late-- that he's straight? baekhyun groans, lest he wakes chanyeol.

 

 

"hey, my midget sunshine, what's bothering you?" came the deep voice from his right.

chanyeol likes to sleep on baekhyun's right because the former always want baekhyun to know that he's the right guy for him. blergh. cheese.

the thought made baekhyun smile.

"it's too early for me to fall in love with you for the nth time," chanyeol mumbles and baekhyun slaps his shoulder. "cheesy giant."

"but really, my midget, you're lost in your thoughts. what is it? something's bothering you." chanyeol cups baekhyun's face with one hand so he can stare straight to the eyes he loves to stare so much. "stuffs." baekhyun answers and lets chanyeol kiss him. "what stuffs?" chanyeol probes, and baekhyun snorts.

"go wash up and brush your teeth first." "hey, you do know what my breath smells like any moment of the day." chanyeol defends himself and stands anyway, padding across the room to go to their washroom. baekhyun follows suit, having realized he needs to brush his teeth as well.

after brushing their teeth, staying longer than necessary, they decided to take a shower as well. together, as chanyeol insists. "to save water and to help our mother nature." he says and baekhyun snorts. taking a bath together is supposed to help each other get cleaned and not to do the dirty but they still did it anyway.

 

after cleaning themselves, dirtying, and cleaning again, baekhyun decides to ask the million dollar question to his boyfriend.

 

 

they sat on the couch, the movie they're supposed to be watching is long forgotten because, "cuddling is more entertaining." chanyeol had said.

"my giant?" baekhyun cups chanyeol's face for the latter to look at him.

"yes, my midget?" chanyeol smiles then and kisses the hand on his face.

"i've been thinking.." baekhyun starts and purses his lips, it took all of chanyeol's willpower to not kiss that plump lips. he did so anyways. "hmm?" chanyeol hums, letting baekhyun know that he's listening.

"yesterday's the 15th." baekhyun kisses chanyeol's nose and chanyeol nods. "yes, our 12th." "so i've been thinking... err, can you tell me what you're planning for your future?" baekhyun is uncertain to open the marriage thing so he opts to ask.

part of him wishes that he will be mentioned in chanyeol's answer. "i don't want to think about the future," chanyeol answers and baekhyun's heart sinks. well, he didn't expect that.

"i want to think about today. of me being with you. of us."

and he also didn't expect that.

baekhyun smiles at chanyeol's response, all of his insecurities is out in the window. what bothers him anyway? he got a cheesy boyfriend, a giant one at that, who loves him so much. why did he even bother. "okay." baekhyun tries to hide the grin in his face but fails to do so. "i love you, B." "i love you too, C."

 

----

 

A/N

comments are very much welcomed :))