Hey Juliet

Songs of the Ages
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Name of Song: Hey Juliet

Pair: HyukHae

Requested By: NazuStormWolf

Author's Note: Sorry it took so long... I wrote most of it during my breaks at work and it still turned out to be 20 pages. It was an interesting song and I hope you like the idea I went with!

 

     “Hyukjae it’s not that I don’t appreciate the gesture and all, but I said no.” Donghae said as he continued to walk down the hallway towards his locker.

     “Can you at least take the flowers?” Hyukjae said as he continued to follow Donghae down the hall. He smiled slightly and held out the flowers in front of him as the other turned around quickly and rolled his eyes.

     “Fine,” Donghae said as he took the flowers from his classmate’s hands, “thanks I guess.” Donghae continued walking until he came up to his locker ignoring the sound of footsteps behind him as he went. “Why are you still here?” Donghae asked as he began fiddling with the combination lock on his locker. “Shouldn’t you be getting home or something?”

     Hyukjae was silent and watched as Donghae opened is bag and took some of his books from his locker and swapped them with ones he needed to take home. “Can’t I admire the beautiful view in front of me?”

     Donghae sighed before closing his locker and leaning against the metal. “Admire and compliment all you want Hyukjae, but the answer is still no.” Hyukjae opened his mouth to talk but stopped as he watched the other boy bring the bouquet of flowers up and inhale the wonderful scent they gave off. “Thank you for the flowers; they smell wonderful.” He gave his admirer a small smile before walking off down the hallway leaving Hyukjae standing against the lockers alone.

     “You are too mean to the poor boy.” A voice said the moment Donghae stepped out the front doors of the high school. Donghae just smirked and continued to walk towards the parking lot pretending to ignore the nagging voice walking beside him. “Every day he asks you out and you get a gift at least once a week and you still say no; if he can keep affording to buy you things that means he has money and at least you can say he is dedicated.”

     “He has money because he works at a clothing store in the mall, and yeah… he is dedicated I’ll give him that.” Donghae said as he unlocked his car and threw his bag into the back seat. “Now get your in the car or you can walk home.” He said as he climbed in the driver’s seat his friend following in pursuit. “Don’t even open your mouth Kyuhyun.”

     “Just say yes to him!” Kyuhyun said not listening to his best friends warning. “I know you like him- hell by the way you stare at him anyone could tell. Just do him, and yourself, a favor and say yes tomorrow.”

     Donghae just ignored his friend and carefully pulled out of the parking lot. It wasn’t until they were on the street halfway to Kyuhyun’s house that Donghae began talking again. “We graduate in two weeks you know.”

     “Yeah, I know.” Kyuhyun replied as he turned down the car radio so he could hear the other better. “Why? You’re not going to start giving me a heartfelt talk about how we need to keep our friendship strong after high school are you? Because if you are that’s going to automatically persuade me not to be.”

     “First of all, you are such an .” Donghae said as he playfully hit his friend before pulling over in front of Kyuhyun’s house. “Second of all, I was thinking of saying yes to him after we graduate.”

     “You ting me?” the other shouted in excitement. “After a year you are going to say yes?”

     “Yeah.” Donghae replied, “I want to, but you know that my parents aren’t all that thrilled when it comes to stuff like that and I don’t know how they’ll act if I tell them I’m biual let alone bring home a boyfriend.” Both boys were quiet for a moment until the sound of Kyuhyun opening the car door broke the silence. “Plus it’s no big secret that our parents hate each other; hell the whole ing school sees them arguing over whose son is better at school events. Now just imagine if my parents don’t have a problem with me liking guys; if there is no problem with that there certainly will be if the boyfriend I bring home is Hyukjae.”

     Kyuhyun opened the car door to climb out but quickly shut it before asking another question. “Why do your guy’s parents hate each other anyway?”

     “It’s a very long story involving money and our grandparents. Honestly I never really bothered to ask; all I know is that when someone died someone didn’t get what they wanted and now there is some serious hate going on.” Donghae turned to look at his friend. “Every time when we would see Hyukjae and his parents when I was little it would always be ‘Donghae don’t talk to that boy,’ or ‘His family is bad news son make sure to stay away from him,’ and other stupid like that.”

     “Well you sure as hell aren’t mean to him.” Kyuhyun smirked. “Why the change of heart?”

     “I’ve never been given a reason to hate him besides my parents telling me too.” Donghae replied. “So wipe that smirk off your face, okay? I’m not nice to him because I love him or anything. I used to act like an towards him, but then one day something just clicked and my mind told me that it was stupid and I stopped.”

     “Donghae and Hyukjae sitting in a tree…” Kyuhyun began to sing as he opened the car door and was forced out by a fuming best friend.

     “Will you stop singing that and get the hell out of my car?” Donghae shouted over the words of his friends antagonizing song.

      “Alright, alright… call me later tonight, okay?” Kyuhyun smirked as he closed the passenger door and bent down to talk to Donghae through the still open car window. “Have fun studying for that chemistry test tomorrow.”

     “What was that?” Donghae said as he began to roll up the window. “Are you saying something because I can’t hear you!” Donghae shouted at Kyuhyun once the window of his car was finally closed. He received a pound on the hood of his car and a wave goodbye from his friend before driving off back to his house.

     “I’m home.” Donghae shouted as he walked in his front door with his bag and the flowers Hyukjae had given him in hand. “Hello mom,” Donghae said as he walked into the kitchen and sat down his bag on the floor and walked over to the woman standing at the stove before giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Have a nice day at work?”

     “Mhm, normal I suppose.” His mother replied. “What are those sweetie?” his mother asked pointing to the flowers in his hand.

     “Oh, I got flowers from an admirer today.” Donghae replied as he smiled. “I keep saying no, but they just don’t seem to get the hint. Flowers were nice though so I took them. Do you have anything to put them in?”

     “We have vases under the sink you can use.” His mother responded before turning around to look at the flowers her son had just put into a vase. “Those are really nice flowers and they don’t look cheap.”

     “Yeah, I know.” Donghae replied as he put the vase in the middle of the kitchen table. “Last week it was a very nice and expensive bracelet.” His mother hummed to herself as Donghae took a seat at one of the kitchen chairs. The sound of the front door opening quickly broke the simple conversation and his dad soon walked into the kitchen giving his wife a kiss on the cheek, too; like father like son.

     “Our son got flowers today.” Donghae’s mother said as she grabbed plates from the cupboard as and began setting the table.

     “I can see that.” Donghae’s father said as he sat down at the table and took a good look at the flowers. “Who are they from Donghae?”

     “Just an admirer I have. It’s no big deal really.” Donghae answered.

     “Just an admirer?” Donghae’s father repeated as he nodded his head in approval. “Are you sure because those flowers look like the ones I saw the Lee’s boy caring on his walk to school today when I was heading to work.”

     “You mean Hyukjae?” Donghae responded his voice getting a little hesitant. “Why would Hyukjae out of all people give me flowers?”

     “I don’t know Donghae, why are you taking flowers from that… that disgrace?” Donghae’s father spat back anger clearly showing.

     “First of all his name is Hyukjae and second, why the do you think he is giving me flowers? Isn’t it obvious or do I have to spell it out for you?” Donghae argued back. The sound of skin slapping skin was heard throughout the kitchen, and Donghae was stuck fast in his chair with a hand on his face fingers running across the red mark his father’s hand had just left there.

     “Did you just hit our son?” Donghae’s mother said quickly as she put herself between her husband and Donghae.

     “I didn’t hit him I just smacked some sense into him.” Donghae’s father replied his voice still shallow and full of hate. “We’ve been telling him for years not to go near the boy or his family and what does he do? Takes flowers from him! I won’t have my only son be turned into a by that boy!”

     “Honey,” Donghae’s mother said as she turned around and placed her hands on her sons face in a soothing manner. “A-are you really seeing that… that boy?”

     “No I’m not.” Donghae replied as he pushed his mother’s hands away from his face. “Just because I took flowers from him doesn’t mean that I am going out with him. I don’t know what your quarrel is with his parents, but it has nothing to do with me.”

     “Go to your room Donghae.” His mother said with a solemn look on her face. “Your father and I need to have a talk, alone.”

 

          ~                  ~                  ~

 

     Hyukjae walked in the front doors of the high school with a smile on his face and another bouquet of flowers behind his back. Maybe today would be the day; after the caring look and smile Donghae gave him yesterday maybe there was a chance that today he would get a different answer from the other. He usually only got something for the other once a week, but after seeing how much Donghae liked the flowers the day before Hyukjae couldn’t resist buying some for him again today. It was still early and most students were hanging around the hallway waiting for their classes to start. Hyukjae began making his way through the crowded school hallway looking for the brown haired boy, but Donghae was nowhere to be found. He frowned a little and took one more look around the hallway before putting on a small smile and walking over to a group of boys standing next to Donghae’s locker. “Hey, Kyuhyun?” Hyukjae said softly interrupting the conversation between the group of boys.

     “Hyukjae, hey.” Kyuhyun responded as he turned around to find his best friends admirer standing behind him holding some flowers. “I guess you are looking for Donghae?” Kyuhyun asked as he pulled himself away from his own group of friends to talk to the other. Hyukjae nodded and Kyuhyun smiled. “He isn’t here today so I guess he is sick. I texted him earlier and he didn’t answer so his fat lazy is still probably sleeping.”

     “Oh, well thank you.” Hyukjae said and began to walk away.

     “Hyukjae wait,” Kyuhyun said as he grabbed Hyukjae’s arm, “Take out your phone and give it to me quick.” Hyukjae hesitated for a moment before reaching into his packet and pulling out his phone. “Oh don’t look like that, trust me.” Kyuhyun said as he grabbed the others phone out of his hands and began typing away. “Here, see that didn’t take long now did it?” he said before handing the phone back to its owner.

     “What did you do?” Hyukjae asked as he looked through his phone to make sure that everything was still in working condition.

     Kyuhyun smirked and crossed his arms across his chest in triumph. “I programmed Donghae’s number into your phone for you. Text him or something; I’m sure hearing from you would make him feel better- I mean he talks about you enough.”

     “He does?” Hyukjae asked as he quickly pulled up his contact list to see Donghae’s name and number.

     “Damn right he does.” Kyuhyun replied as he shoved his hands into his pockets. “I’d be surprised if there isn’t a day where I didn’t hear him complain about you at least once. The smile on Hyukjae’s face quickly disappeared and he watched as the younger boy roll his eyes. “Trust me when I say that’s a good thing.” Kyuhyun continued. “But hey class is starting soon and I need to go; do you want me to take… those… to Donghae? I’m going to his house after school to make sure he’s not dying or whatever.”

     Hyukjae hesitated for a moment before smiling again. “Sure, here.” Hyukjae handed the flowers over to Kyuhyun before speaking up again. “Can you tell him that I miss him and that I would love to take him out when he feels better?”

     “Sure, I can do that.” Kyuhyun said as he took the flowers and headed off down the hallway. “Just because you can’t see his face doesn’t mean it’s the end of the world. Have a nice day Hyukjae.” Hyukjae waved goodbye to Kyuhyun before heading off down the hallway to his own class. He quickly pulled his phone out of his pocket and sent Donghae a text.

     To: Donghae

     From: Hyukjae

          It’s Hyukjae… Kyuhyun gave me your number so please don’t think it’s weird. Just wanted to say good morning and feel better.

     Hyukjae slipped the phone back into his pocket and went to class as he waited for a response, but it never came.

 

          ~                  ~                  ~

 

     “Hello Mr. Lee, may I come in?” Kyuhyun said as Donghae’s father answered the front door.

     “Sorry Kyuhyun but Donghae is very sick and can’t see anyone right now.” Mr. Lee answered.

     “I brought the work he missed.” Kyuhyun said trying to get past his best friend’s father. He was surprised that he wasn’t let in at first glance. Usually Donghae’s parents loved when he came by the house.

     “I can give it to him for you. I really don’t want you to catch what he has.” Mr. Lee continued to persist.

     “Oh come on Mr. Lee, you can’t deny a best friend his rights to deliver homework.” Kyuhyun pouted trying his best to persuade the other. With no luck Kyuhyun ended up digging out the work he had in his bag and handing it to Donghae’s father only to have the door shut in his face.

     First Donghae didn’t show up at school and he didn’t answer the many text he had sent that day, and now Donghae’s parents wouldn’t even let him in the house. Something was wrong and he knew it. Kyuhyun made his way into his friends’ backyard and began climbing the tree that lead up to Donghae’s bedroom window.

     “Huh?” Donghae said as he sat up from his bed once he heard a tapping noise on his window. “Kyu!” Donghae quickly got up from his bed and unlocked his bedroom window opening it to leave Kyuhyun inside.

     “What the hell is up with your dad?” Kyuhyun asked the moment he set foot in the room. “He wouldn’t even let me in the house let alone see past the front door. It’s not like him at all, and you haven’t answered my texts all day plus you don’t look sick.”

     “That would be because I am not sick.” Dong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter