It's Right There

Background Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, what do you want to do today, kids?” Junmyeon asked Chanyeol, Sehun and Jongin as they head out to his house. Sehun is being especially grumpy that day because this is not the first time that Luhan has ditched him. He usually doesn’t complain when his elder boyfriend asks for space because he doesn’t want to come out as the childish clingy boyfriend but he has enough of the elder’s excuses these past days. It doesn’t even matter that today is one of what his Junmyeon hyung’s ‘Boyfriend-free days’ and the eldest among them will treat them to good food delivered and play games all night long or whatever they feel like doing.

Jongin raised his hands as if Junmyeon will see it as he is walking behind the elder. “Can I just sleep?” Sehun rolled his eyes at his bestfriend because of course he will take any free time for him to sleep. But then when Sehun realized something, he halted in his tracks and gaped openly at Jongin who eyed him confusedly.

“Y-you!” Sehun pointed a finger on Jongin who snapped out of his sleepy stupor and is looking bewildered at Sehun’s sudden outburst.

“Yah, Oh Sehun. What is your problem?” Chanyeol walked back to where they stopped and Junmyeon followed too.

“T-this guy!” the youngest wagged his finger at his bestfriend who slowly stepped behind Chanyeol looking at Sehun with a what-the--man? expression. “Why are you here?!”

“Uhh, because Junmyeon hyung has asked me to come along?” Jongin snorted.

“But why?!” Sehun now turned to Junmyeon who is shaking his head because it looks like Sehun has lost his mind.

“Why not, Sehun? Don’t you like that Jongin is joining us today?”

“That’s not it,” the youngest shook his head. “I mean, today is boyfriend-free day right?” Junmyeon nodded and that just made no sense to Sehun. “So that brings be back to my question, why is Jongin here?”

“What the , Sehun?” Jongin grumbled as he crossed his arms over his chest.

“Boyfriend-free day is for us who have boyfriends, Jongin. So why are you here?!”

This time, it’s not only Junmyeon who was shaking his head but Chanyeol and Jongin has also joined in and they gave Sehun judging looks.

“Wow, what kind of a bestfriend are you?” Chanyeol challenged and Sehun groaned.

“Can’t you just tell me what I am missing here, hyungs?”

“Well, because you are stupid enough, I’ll spell it out to you,” Jongin stepped in front of him and squinted his eyes. “I do have a boyfriend, Oh Sehun. At least, I already have so just it up that some of your pizza will be going in here,” he pointed on his flat stomach.

“What the . When did you get a boyfriend?” Sehun shook him wildly. “And who’s the damn unlucky guy?”

“ you. Kyungsoo hyung is not unlucky, you douche.”

“What.” Sehun deadpanned as he tried to process what he has just heard. Did Jongin just say..?

“My boyfriend is no other than Do Kyungsoo,” Jongin repeated smugly and Chanyeol and Junmyeon grimaced at how whipped he looked.

“Do Kyungsoo? As in THE Do Kyungsoo who you have been following around like a needy puppy?” Jongin just glared at him in response. “DO KYUNGSOO?!”

“Ahh, Sehun? Why are you being like this?” Junmyeon asked with concern as he took in the crazed look in Sehun’s eyes.

“Why didn’t anyone tell me?” the youngest whined and he threw a punch in Jongin’s direction which was neatly dodged.

“Didn’t Luhan hyung tell you?” his bestfriend asked.

“No,” Luhan hyung knew all along?

“Huh, then you didn’t know that he and Baekhyun hyung are acting like sasaengs and following Kyungie and I around?”

Sehun shook his head and it clicked. But he needs confirmation. “Chanyeol hyung, was Lu with Baek hyung yesterday?”

But it was Jongin who answered. “Yes, they were together and they ing ed me yesterday!”

Ahh, figures, Sehun thought. “At least, he’s not cheating on me,” he simply shrugged that irked Jongin and Sehun is clutching his right bicep that throbbed after his bestfriend not so lightly punched him there.

 

Sehun knew better than stop his boyfriend with whatever he is doing because it is pointless. Once Luhan starts something, he will see it through the end, being the baby that he is but Jongin has been another baby, a very whiny one at that (Kyungie hyung won’t even let me hold his hand because he gets embarrassed because he knows that Baek and Lu hyung are watching us! , Sehun. Do something for your poor bestfriend!), and Sehun is missing his boyfriend terribly (because Luhan has been going about nothing but Jongin and Kyungsoo even in their cuddle time) that he has decided to take action.

He really doesn’t understand where the fascination of Baekhyun and Luhan came from for the newest couple because really, Sehun strongly believes that he is way more handsome than Jongin (proof being able to get a boyfriend before him) and Luhan is a lot cuter and sweeter than his Kyungsoo hyung who has always been calling Jongin a big idiot. In Sehun’s perspective, his relationship with Luhan is worth more than two cents of the elder’s time so why is he more invested to Jongin and Kyungsoo?

“Hyung, we really need to do something,” Sehun half-whispered to Chanyeol who, like him, was left by his Baek hyung because of, most probably, Kyungsoo and Jongin doing something much more interesting to him than his giant boyfriend.

The elder looked at him with hopeful eyes. “You better have a good plan for this, maknae. My Baekkie needs to give me more love!” Chanyeol whined, earning a glare from Yixing and Junmyeon who were sitting across them. They are the only couple who are having a good relationship at the moment and the abandoned boyfriends could only sulk in envy because their boyfriends are out there and probably recruiting members for their ridiculous fans’ club.

But Sehun’s sour mood brightened when the door to the cafeteria opened and revealed an exhausted Luhan who pouted as he saw him and ran straight into Sehun’s arms. He pushed his own sulking down to attend to his sulking boyfriend who wiggled beside him and buried his face on Sehun’s ribs.

“It’s unbelievable!”

“What is, hon?”

“I swear Jongin teleported them somewhere! They can’t be gone just like that!” Luhan grumbled and pouted even more. Usually, Sehun would be more than happy to kiss that pout away but he heard ‘Jongin’ again from his boyfriend and he is most likely stalking Sehun’s bestfriend and boyfriend, again.

“Luhan,” he called in a stern voice that makes Luhan tense and look guilty as if he was caught doing something bad. Well, he did. “Just leave those two alone,” he sighed. “I can’t take any more of Jongin’s protests during dance practice. My ears are going to fall off already.”

Luhan looked alarmed and cupped Sehun’s ears firmly. “No, no! Your ears can’t fall off, Sehunnie!”

At times like this, Sehun wonders whether he is really dating an older person. “We don’t want that, do we?” Luhan nodded vigorously. “So you and Baekhyun hyung should leave Jongin and Kyungsoo alone, hon,” he pressed a finger on the tip of Luhan’s nose which scrunched up at the contact.

“But Sehunnie, those two are soooooo cute!”

“I’m sure you’re way cuter,” Sehun rolled his eyes as he felt Luhan wrap arms around him and he knew that the elder will fight him with this. He groaned internally.

“I don’t know but Baek and I are trying to capture every moment that they have because they are not admitting it to themselves that they are the cutest and fluffiest boyfriends!”

“No hyung,” Sehun quipped. “You’re just nosy as hell.”

Luhan withdrew from him and gave him a stink eye. He’s still cute, though. “You’re only saying that because you haven’t seen them.”

“Hyung, I’ve seen how Jongin was looking dejected everytime Kyungsoo hyung pushes him away and I’ve seen how he looks like a puppy following him around. I’m ever surprised that they ended up together because I thought Kyungsoo hyung hated Jongin’s guts.”

“Well, no. They are really, really in love with each other,” Luhan defended dreamily and hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter